Use Biblical Principles to make money
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Anonymous, Lynn, Nuance
The Bible, with all its teachings and sermons, serves not only as a tool for sharing the Gospel and proclaiming God's glory to the world, it also contains many instructions about daily living, and yes, it also includes a thing or two about ways people can make money through its principles -- hence the title of this article.
First Things First
While the Bible is a book for everyone, it will do you good to remember that most principles which are discussed in the Bible are relative to the time frame in which it was written. However that doesn't make it less effective or useful. If you're a Bible reader, you may also notice that some supernatural phenomena are present in the situation. For the sake of this How-to, we'll treat the principles in a contemporary sense.
- 1Work Hard.You might think this is cliché and obvious, but the Bible clearly spells out in Proverbs 14:32 that all labor has profit, but complaining will only cause poverty. Chapter 28 of the same book says that he that tills ground shall have plenty of bread, but the person who follows vain persons will be poor. These passages clearly suggest that earning money should come first from hard work. Still, a lot of people lack tenacity or the ability to stick to what they're doing, and they'd rather follow vain people's advice or quit altogether. So there, work hard.Advertisement
- 2Specialize in Your Career.Advertisement
- The cattle, or your career, come first in the scriptures. The secret is to specialize in your career, as also stated in Proverbs 13:15 which says, "good understanding gives favor." Get a decent college education and become a specialist.
- The silver speaks of living on a budget and being frugal. Proverbs 21:17 says, "he who loves pleasure will be poor". Balance your bills and your income, and always spend money intelligently. "The borrower is slave to the lender," says Proverbs 22:7.
- The gold suggests investments. Genesis 41 in the Bible recounts a story of seven years of good harvest and seven lean years, and indicates that you should invest crops in those seven good years, to prepare for the lean ones. There is another example of recession found in the Bible, such as the time when the government aggressively lowers interest rates. Learn from it, and invest simply because not every day is a harvest day.
- 3Find People Who Inspire You.Who you associate with, will more often than not affect your money-making ability. Take for example, the relationship with Abraham and Lot. Because Lot used the law of association, he prospered in his career - chiefly because of his relationship with Abraham. The suggestion is, surround yourself with people who will enrich you, amplify your skills, and set you on the right path, whether it is a peer, a parent, or a colleague.Advertisement
The Bottom Line
Indeed, the Bible is full of money-making principles that you can use to enrich your life, and so much more. Many passages of the Bible cannot be shared here because of their "personal" importance, so read it yourself, because every passage can offer the potential to fill not only your wallets, but also your soul.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Don't spend money you don't have.
- Learn from your peers, or better yet, from someone who is already successful.
- Be tenacious.
- Learn to be patient.
- Don't treat advice as absolutes, but tailor advice to your own skills, experience and preference.
- There are no shortcuts to success.
Questions and Answers
Biblical ways of making money?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Financial
Recent edits by: Lynn, Anonymous, Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo