Use Baking Soda Around Your Home
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Eng
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate (NaHCOз) is a wonder compound, and once you discover all of the ways from this tutorial how to use baking soda around your home, you will want to have it forever handy. Thanks to its neutralizing effects on harsh chemicals it benefits you as a personal health care product, and as a highly effective cleaning agent. Of course, it is very useful in your cooking, also. So, to learn many more uses around your home for this wonder compound, baking soda, just follow this tutorial. Baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate (NaHCOз) is a wonder compound, and once you discover all of the ways from this tutorial how to use baking soda around your home, you will want to have it forever handy. Thanks to its neutralizing effects on harsh chemicals it benefits you as a personal health care product, and as a highly effective cleaning agent. Of course, it is very useful in your cooking. Because there are hundreds of uses for baking soda, they will be grouped into three major categories below: Cleaning, deodorizing, and health and beauty care. Be sure to look back over all of these effective ways to use baking soda occasionally. Keeping some stocked in your kitchen can save you time and money. To learn many uses around your home for this wonder compound just follow this tutorial.
Cleaning around your home
- 1Keep your mug or coffee pot in the solution for several hours, then scrub with straight baking soda on a moist cloth or sponge if you have a tough stain that just will not come off.Remove stains and bad taste from your coffee pot - To get rid of those stains from your mugs and coffee pot, which will also give you better tasting coffee, wash them in a quart of hot water and two ounces (1/4 cup) of baking soda.Advertisement
- 2Then, spray it with clear water so that the baking soda is slightly wet. Allow this coating to remain overnight. The next day, scrub out grime and then rinse. You'll have a sparkling oven inside once again.Clean your oven with baking soda - Instead of buying an expensive and harsh oven cleaning agent, you can sprinkle baking soda over the bottom of your oven.Advertisement
- 3By wiping with a couple ounces of baking soda on a damp sponge all the grit and grime will go away. Then wipe it all out with clear water on the sponge.Clean your microwave safely - There is no need for using a harsh chemical to clean the inside and outside of your microwave.
- 4If scrubbing with the straight baking soda doesn't work on a stubborn spot of grime, double the amount of baking soda. Mix it with salt, three parts to one, and add enough water to make a paste. Leave it on the spot for several minutes, and then scrub away the spot. Then rinse.Clean your bathroom and kitchen - For non-toxic cleaning of all surfaces in your bathroom and kitchen, including your tub and sinks, use a light coating of baking soda on a moist sponge.
- 5Apply it with a cloth, then rinse. Your sterling and silverware will once again shine like new.Polish your silverware - Rub a paste of baking soda and water with a three to one parts ratio.
- 6Rinse well, although with baking soda as your floor-cleaning agent your pets and children are safe if you miss a spot.Clean all your floors - Add four ounces of baking soda to a five-gallon bucket of water to mop your floor of any kind.
- 7Wash dishes and potware - Pour an ounce, or two tablespoons, of baking soda with your usual dish soap to a sink of water effectively wash the grimy, greasy dishes and pans.
- 8Just sprinkle baking soda on a moist sponge and easily scrub it off.Clean walls - Baking soda is especially handy if you have little artists decorating your walls with crayons.
- 9==Baking soda for cooking==
- 10It is a key ingredient as a leavening agent for your baked goods to make them tasty and fluffy.Make delicious cookies, cakes, pies, and pastries using baking soda.Advertisement
Baking soda as a deodorizer
- 1It's eco-friendly, also.Because of its incredible neutralizing effect on the strongest chemicals and smells, sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda, is ideal as a deodorizer.
Other baking soda uses
- 1Because it is not only a multi-purpose compound, but a fire extinguisher, it is recommended to have a box of it your car and on any outings. On the topic of putting out fires, ensure that you have your gas and electricity off if at all possible should a fire break out. Keep your regular fire extinguisher in your vehicle and home as well.Fire extinguisher - Baking soda will snuff out any type of fire.
- 2Be sure to rinse your fruits and vegetables thoroughly.Baking soda to wash produce - To safely clean all the pesticides, dirt and grime from your fruits and vegetables, apply a little baking soda on a sanitary sponge and scrub thoroughly.
- 3Care of your plumbing system - Pour eight ounces of baking soda into all drains once a week to keep your drains flowing.
- 4Keep some handy at all times. Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, and NaHCO3 is nothing less than a wonder compound.In conclusion to this tutorial about using baking soda around your home, within the next day after reading this, you probably will have used baking soda in a new way.
Thank you Arm & Hammer for the photo and some of these helpful uses.
- Keep a charged fire extinguisher in your home and vehicle, even if you have a lot of baking soda in your home. Shut off gas and electricity immediately, if safely possible, anytime you have a fire in your home. Call the fire department as well. A fire may appear to be extinguished, yet it can flare up once again.