Use Baking Soda Around Your Home
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Eng
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate (NaHCOз) is a wonder compound, and once you discover all of the ways from this tutorial how to use baking soda around your home, you will want to have it forever handy. Thanks to its neutralizing effects on harsh chemicals it benefits you as a personal health care product, and as a highly effective cleaning agent. Of course, it is very useful in your cooking, also. So, to learn many more uses around your home for this wonder compound, baking soda, just follow this tutorial. Baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate (NaHCOз) is a wonder compound, and once you discover all of the ways from this tutorial how to use baking soda around your home, you will want to have it forever handy. Thanks to its neutralizing effects on harsh chemicals it benefits you as a personal health care product, and as a highly effective cleaning agent. Of course, it is very useful in your cooking. Because there are hundreds of uses for baking soda, they will be grouped into three major categories below: Cleaning, deodorizing, and health and beauty care. Be sure to look back over all of these effective ways to use baking soda occasionally. Keeping some stocked in your kitchen can save you time and money. To learn many uses around your home for this wonder compound just follow this tutorial.
Cleaning around your home
- 1Keep your mug or coffee pot in the solution for several hours, then scrub with straight baking soda on a moist cloth or sponge if you have a tough stain that just will not come off.Remove stains and bad taste from your coffee pot - To get rid of those stains from your mugs and coffee pot, which will also give you better tasting coffee, wash them in a quart of hot water and two ounces (1/4 cup) of baking soda.Advertisement
- 2Then, spray it with clear water so that the baking soda is slightly wet. Allow this coating to remain overnight. The next day, scrub out grime and then rinse. You'll have a sparkling oven inside once again.Clean your oven with baking soda - Instead of buying an expensive and harsh oven cleaning agent, you can sprinkle baking soda over the bottom of your oven.Advertisement
- 3By wiping with a couple ounces of baking soda on a damp sponge all the grit and grime will go away. Then wipe it all out with clear water on the sponge.Clean your microwave safely - There is no need for using a harsh chemical to clean the inside and outside of your microwave.
- 4If scrubbing with the straight baking soda doesn't work on a stubborn spot of grime, double the amount of baking soda. Mix it with salt, three parts to one, and add enough water to make a paste. Leave it on the spot for several minutes, and then scrub away the spot. Then rinse.Clean your bathroom and kitchen - For non-toxic cleaning of all surfaces in your bathroom and kitchen, including your tub and sinks, use a light coating of baking soda on a moist sponge.
- 5Apply it with a cloth, then rinse. Your sterling and silverware will once again shine like new.Polish your silverware - Rub a paste of baking soda and water with a three to one parts ratio.
- 6Rinse well, although with baking soda as your floor-cleaning agent your pets and children are safe if you miss a spot.Clean all your floors - Add four ounces of baking soda to a five-gallon bucket of water to mop your floor of any kind.
- 7Wash dishes and potware - Pour an ounce, or two tablespoons, of baking soda with your usual dish soap to a sink of water effectively wash the grimy, greasy dishes and pans.
- 8Just sprinkle baking soda on a moist sponge and easily scrub it off.Clean walls - Baking soda is especially handy if you have little artists decorating your walls with crayons.
- 9==Baking soda for cooking==
- 10It is a key ingredient as a leavening agent for your baked goods to make them tasty and fluffy.Make delicious cookies, cakes, pies, and pastries using baking soda.Advertisement
Baking soda as a deodorizer
- 1It's eco-friendly, also.Because of its incredible neutralizing effect on the strongest chemicals and smells, sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda, is ideal as a deodorizer.Advertisement
- 2Deodorize around your bathroom/kitchen
- 3It will cleanse and freshen up the smell in your bathroom and kitchen. Use a couple ounces in your dishwasher, also, to cleanse and deodorize if you use the wash cycle.Mix eight ounces of baking soda with a bucket of warm water and pour it down your drains.
- 4Deodorize all wastebaskets and trashcans
- 5It will keep the smells away from your trash.Sprinkle a layer of baking soda in your wastebaskets and trashcans when empty.
- 6Health and Beauty Care
- 7It effectively neutralizes halitosis due to its pH "zero" factor.Mouthwash - Pour just a half-teaspoon in four ounces of water, and use baking soda as a mouth wash.
- 8Toothpaste - You can use a baking soda paste as toothpaste alone, or with your favorite toothpaste.
- 9Denture cleanser - Soak dentures overnight in a mix of a half-ounce of baking soda and a cup of very warm water.
- 10Use as a deodorant - Baking soda is excellent as a deodorant if you want one that is gentle on your skin.
- 11Skin cleanser - With a three to one parts ratio of baking soda and water, rub the solution on your face or body as a cleanser and exfoliant.
- 12Drink the solution slowly, and feel relieved in minutes.Baking soda is an antacid - If you find yourself with an aching stomach, acid indigestion, or other such malady, just add a teaspoon of baking soda to a cool glass of a water.
- 13You can also rub a little baking soda into your skin right after your shower dry-off to relieve itchy skin.Relieve itching from insect bites and pain from bee stings - Make a baking soda paste to treat bites and stings for instant relief.
- 14Rinse after those dirty hands are clean.Hand soap - Instead of a harsh commercial hand soap you can scrub with baking soda and water at a three to one parts ration.
- 15Clean your comb or hair brush with baking soda for lustrous hair.
- 16It will not only clean the comb or hair brush, but will make help keep your hair shiny. Be sure to rinse the solution off your brush or comb, however.Make a solution of one teaspoon baking soda in a basin or sink of tepid water.
- 17Just pour four ounces of baking soda in with your bath water, and stir till dissolved.Soothe your feet and body with a baking soda and warm water bath.
Other baking soda uses
- 1Because it is not only a multi-purpose compound, but a fire extinguisher, it is recommended to have a box of it your car and on any outings. On the topic of putting out fires, ensure that you have your gas and electricity off if at all possible should a fire break out. Keep your regular fire extinguisher in your vehicle and home as well.Fire extinguisher - Baking soda will snuff out any type of fire.
- 2Be sure to rinse your fruits and vegetables thoroughly.Baking soda to wash produce - To safely clean all the pesticides, dirt and grime from your fruits and vegetables, apply a little baking soda on a sanitary sponge and scrub thoroughly.
- 3Care of your plumbing system - Pour eight ounces of baking soda into all drains once a week to keep your drains flowing.
- 4Keep some handy at all times. Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, and NaHCO3 is nothing less than a wonder compound.In conclusion to this tutorial about using baking soda around your home, within the next day after reading this, you probably will have used baking soda in a new way.Advertisement
Thank you Arm & Hammer for the photo and some of these helpful uses.
- Keep a charged fire extinguisher in your home and vehicle, even if you have a lot of baking soda in your home. Shut off gas and electricity immediately, if safely possible, anytime you have a fire in your home. Call the fire department as well. A fire may appear to be extinguished, yet it can flare up once again.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.