Use Air View on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Eman, Anonymous and 8 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. The link to the mother VisiHow is here - USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
- 2 Turning On Air View
- 3 To Use Air View
- 4 Troubleshoot Air View Feature on Galaxy S4
- 5 Find MAC Address
- 6 Notes for Air View on the Samsung Galaxy S4
- 7 Troubleshoot Air View Feature on Galaxy S4
- 8 Other Possible Causes of a Galaxy S4 Air View Malfunction
- 9 Questions and Answers
- 10 Comments
Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a big display screen. A 5-inch screen is good for viewing almost everything: pictures, videos and browsers. However, there are some sites that do not have mobile support yet, and thus you are forced to use the PC version of the site on your 5-inch phone. This is where some minor problems may come in (such as very small fonts or, a text does not fit in a whole screen, etc.). Complications may arise too, like tapping on the wrong link (due to small fonts), and spaces between words. If you have experienced any of this, Samsung has just made your life easier, and we are here to let you know that.
You can use the Air View, which allows you to magnify an area of your screen without actually zooming in. The magnified area is then displayed on a pop-up window on your screen for a few seconds, enough to give you a clear sneak peak of the area.
Turning On Air View
- 1Go to your home menu.Advertisement
- 2Tap on the "Applications" icon.Advertisement
- 3In the applications folder, tap on "Settings" (gear icon).
- 4From Settings, tap on "My Device".
- 5Under My Device, tap on "Air View".
- 6Turn on the Air View feature by dragging the switch to the right.
To Use Air View
- 1Using your finger, point at an item on your screen to preview the content and view the information to a pop up window.Advertisement
- 2You should see the magnified area on a pop up screen.
Troubleshoot Air View Feature on Galaxy S4
At times, you may encounter problems turning on the Air View feature or making it work properly. We have compiled a list of possible scenarios that you may encounter when using Air View. If you are having any problems using Air View, go over the list below, and see if it is any of the mentioned problems. If none of your issues have been tackled below, feel free to use the comments sections to inquire.
If Samsung Galaxy S4 Air View is Not Working
Make sure that you also switch ON each one of the following. If one of these features is not turned ON, then Air View will not work.
- 1Information Preview
- 2Progress Preview
- 3Speed Dial Preview
- 4Webpage Magnifier
If Samsung Galaxy S4 Air View is Not Turning On
Breaking News AVG anti-virus has been reported by some users as the cause of Air View not working. You can try removing it, or resetting your device with the instructions below. Other applications may also be at fault, so the below instructions may fix your problem even if you don't have AVG installed. If the Air View feature of your Samsung Galaxy S4 is not turning on, then it is also possible that there's a problem in your phone's firmware. This can happen when you have installed faulty or "buggy" applications.
You can fix it by trying the steps below
Uninstall recently installed applications
- 1Restart your phone.
- 2Turn OFF your device, then turn it back ON after 15-30 seconds, and try the Air View feature to see if it will now turn ON.
- 3Remove the most recent application that you have installed.
- On your home screen tap on "Apps".
- Then tap on "Settings".
- Tap "More".
- Tap your "Application Manager".
- Select the most recent application that you have installed.
- Tap "Uninstall".
- 4Tap "OK".
- 5Restart your phone, and try to Turn ON "Air View"
Factory Reset Your Samsung S4.
- Doing a Factory Reset will erase ALL of your saved files and applications. Make sure that you have a backup BEFORE performing
- 1On your home screen tap on "Apps".
- 2Tap on "Settings".
- 3Tap on "Accounts".
- 4Then go to "Backup and Reset".
- 5Tap on "Factory Data Reset".
- 6Tap "Reset Device".
- 7Select "Erase Everything".
- 8Confirm the Factory Reset.
After doing a Factory Reset, turn ON your phone and try to turn ON the Air View feature.
Find MAC Address
- 1From your home screen tap your "Apps" menu icon to open your app window.
- 2Tap on your icon labeled "Settings".
- 3Scroll down the menu and tap "About Phone".
- 4Tap on the option labeled "Status".
- 5From here you will be able to find the MAC address for your device.
- 1From your home screen tap the "Apps" menu icon.
- 2Tap "WiFi" .
- 3Scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap on the advanced settings option.
- 4From here you will be able to view your MAC address.
Notes for Air View on the Samsung Galaxy S4
- This does not work on an application icon as doing the steps will give you the option to move it.
- This does not work on click-able links as doing the steps will allow you to do other options (Open in New Window, Open, Etc.), but not Air View.
- This does not work on your home-screen or any other phone menu. If you feel the need to use it, you might want to consider adjusting your font size instead. Adjusting your font size can be done by going to Menu > Apps > Settings > Display > Font > Font size, then choosing your desired font size.
- This works on the popular Android browser, but it works best with Samsung Galaxy S4's native internet browser.
Troubleshoot Air View Feature on Galaxy S4
If the Air View feature is not working for you, it may well be only the settings configuration of your Galaxy S4. There may be other causes, but this is the major contributor in most cases. To enable the Galaxy S4 Air View Feature The first possible cause of a malfunction to eliminate of your Galaxy S4 Air View feature is its configuration. Follow the following procedure to enable it once again:
- 1Press your menu button.
- 2Next, select Settings
- 3Tap My Device
- 4Go to the Input and Control Section
- 5Choose the Motions and Gestures
- 6Shift the slider near Air View to the right.Your slider switch will change color to green once Air View is activated.
- 7Now tap Air Gesture.More options will appear.
- 8Turn on Air Jump, Air Move, Air Browse, Quick Glance, and Air Call-Accept features so that you will optimize all of the Air View functions.
Other Possible Causes of a Galaxy S4 Air View Malfunction
- 1Apps other than Samsung apps will not work on the Galaxy S4
- 2A room with dim lighting affects Air View performance.The sensors are at the front-facing camera, and require much light. Ideally, users have found that fluorescent lighting is best, and natural lighting the worst. Ensure that lighting onto the sensor is not impeded in some way, also.
- 3Check the Air View sensor with a long press of the Quick Glance app.You can also check it if you wave your hand or fingers in front of all the sensors.
- 4The Galaxy S4 has a very sensitive Air View sensor.If you are using Air View, you must keep your finger a bit farther away than expected. Suddenly you may have a flood of images flash on the screen. It will take some practice to gain skill to keep your finger spaced just right to use the Air View app.
- 5You may have a hardware problem.If none of these steps solve the problem with operating Air View on your Galaxy S4,you need it checked by a certified Samsung technician.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
I don't seem to be able to activate Air View?
I turn on the Air View button but nothing happens. I have recently bought the G4 (version 4.4) and have now removed Apps I have but on, but no joy still. I've never seen the screen you have with all the options for turning on the different types of motions. If I could locate this, it might help. Can you help please? Vaughan
In order for you to be able to view these functions on your device you will need to perform the steps below in order for you to be able to view the functions on your device.
When you receive a notification you usually use one finger in order to bring down the notification pane but for these steps on your device use two fingers instead of one.
1. Use two fingers to bring down the notification bar
2. When doing this you will bring down the extra functions for seeking Air view and other options
3. Tap on Air view, Air Gesture, Smart Scroll, Smart Pause and other options that you can activate
4. The Air Gesture will allow you to move the screen by waving in front of the sensor and also Air view will allow you to place your finger over an option to have it enlarged
The special functions are located in this menu when you use two fingers to slide down the special notification bar.
The video below will help you to view this step performed on your Samsung Galaxy S4
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: Alma, Jerry Rivers, Angela