Use Air Gesture on the Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Grimm, Jen M, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow, and today we're going to show you what you can do with motion gestures on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 6Let's start from the top, direct call.This is something that you can turn on or off by tapping the switch. When you see the contact that you're interested in speaking to, you simply lift the phone to your ear and it automatically dials that contact. It's a very handy feature, especially if you're driving or using S Voice. You might say, for example, find contact, etc. Next, hit back.
- 7Now we have smart alert.Smart alert is another great feature. Anytime you've set your phone down and walked away, or you've been away from it and you pick it up and put it in your pocket, you're usually not going to know that you missed calls or messages. However, in this case, any time you pick it up, your device is going to give you a couple quick buzzes to say you missed a call or a message. If you've wondered why your phone buzzes sometimes when you pick it up but can't figure out why, since it's a different buzz than the buzz you get for an SMS, this is what that is. It's smart alert, and it lets you know you've got some unseen calls or messages.
- 8Next, we have mute/pause.This is absolutely my favourite motion on the device and the coolest as well. You can cover your phone with your hand, which puts it on mute, basically like covering the mouth of someone when you want them to be quiet. You can also turn the device over. This feature saves me from constantly trying to find the mute button or adjust a power setting or accidentally turning something on or off that I didn't want to be turned on or off. Very handy feature. Let's go back.
- 9Last but not least, we have palm swipe to capture.This is a very simple feature, you simply swipe your palm across the screen of the phone, making sure that the skin of your palm is partially in contact with the phone the whole time. You'll see a white box appear on the screen as the screenshot is taken. This is handy in case you want to take a picture of something someone said, or anything like that.
- 10Let's go back to our settings folder, and press on the home button to go back to the home screen.That finishes our tutorial on how to use the stock motion gestures with your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone or your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini or Mini dual SIM. Thank you very much for choosing VisiHow, have a great day and we look forward to assisting you more. Just let us know in the comments and questions section below.Advertisement
Video: Use Air Gesture on the Samsung Galaxy S5
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Jen M, Grimm