Use Air Gesture on the Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Grimm, Jen M, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow, and today we're going to show you what you can do with motion gestures on the Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 6This is something that you can turn on or off by tapping the switch. When you see the contact that you're interested in speaking to, you simply lift the phone to your ear and it automatically dials that contact. It's a very handy feature, especially if you're driving or using S Voice. You might say, for example, find contact, etc. Next, hit back.Let's start from the top, direct call.
- 7Smart alert is another great feature. Anytime you've set your phone down and walked away, or you've been away from it and you pick it up and put it in your pocket, you're usually not going to know that you missed calls or messages. However, in this case, any time you pick it up, your device is going to give you a couple quick buzzes to say you missed a call or a message. If you've wondered why your phone buzzes sometimes when you pick it up but can't figure out why, since it's a different buzz than the buzz you get for an SMS, this is what that is. It's smart alert, and it lets you know you've got some unseen calls or messages.Now we have smart alert.
- 8This is absolutely my favourite motion on the device and the coolest as well. You can cover your phone with your hand, which puts it on mute, basically like covering the mouth of someone when you want them to be quiet. You can also turn the device over. This feature saves me from constantly trying to find the mute button or adjust a power setting or accidentally turning something on or off that I didn't want to be turned on or off. Very handy feature. Let's go back.Next, we have mute/pause.
- 9This is a very simple feature, you simply swipe your palm across the screen of the phone, making sure that the skin of your palm is partially in contact with the phone the whole time. You'll see a white box appear on the screen as the screenshot is taken. This is handy in case you want to take a picture of something someone said, or anything like that.Last but not least, we have palm swipe to capture.
- 10That finishes our tutorial on how to use the stock motion gestures with your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone or your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini or Mini dual SIM. Thank you very much for choosing VisiHow, have a great day and we look forward to assisting you more. Just let us know in the comments and questions section below.Let's go back to our settings folder, and press on the home button to go back to the home screen.Advertisement
Video: Use Air Gesture on the Samsung Galaxy S5
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Use Air Gesture on the Samsung Galaxy S5. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Use_Air_Gesture_on_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S5
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Use Air Gesture on the Samsung Galaxy S5." VisiHow, visihow.com/Use_Air_Gesture_on_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S5 Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Use Air Gesture on the Samsung Galaxy S5." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Use_Air_Gesture_on_the_Samsung_Galaxy_S5.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Jen M, Grimm