Upload a video from an iphone or ipad directly into a youtube channel
Edited by Anonymous, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz, Melsan and 3 others
With all the changes to YouTube, Gmail, and Google+, the ability to upload a video from your iPhone or iPad directly into your channel seems to have been eliminated. However there is still a way to do it, but it's a little messy. It turns out you need to create a new special password for your channel, via Google+. This wiki will show you how.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Tips
- 3 Do's and Don'ts in Uploading Videos on YouTube
- 4 Question and Answer
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
- 1Log into your YouTube account.Advertisement
- 5Note your rather horrible YouTube username.In my case, it is: email@example.com
- 6Click "Set up a password".
- 8Next you are asked to create a new password.This is the password you will use to directly log in to your channel on your iPhone or iPad. I used the same password as my personal account so I don't forget it, but if you want better security and you have a better memory than me, you may want to choose a different password.
- 10Now enter these credentials into your iPhone or iPad YouTube settings.
- I am disappointed this wiki even needs to exist. That is what happens when you try to be like Facebook by mashing Gmail and YouTube together and calling it Google+.
Do's and Don'ts in Uploading Videos on YouTube
- 1Do make sure it is an original content.Just like photos, videos should also not be copied from another person. If you have to use another person's videos, you have to give full credit to that person.Advertisement
- 2Do upload videos that are useful.There are already too many videos online. Not all of those videos are useful, though. Therefore, if you decide that you'd like to add up to this wide collection of videos online, make sure that it actually is able to contribute to society and that it's not just another spam.
- 3Do ensure that the quality of your videos is good.Posting a video in which it can barely be seen or heard is close to being useless. Make sure that when you post a video, it would be something that your viewers can actually enjoy.
- 4Do be creative when making videos for upload to YouTube.As mentioned, there is already a lot of competition out there. Every day, millions and millions of videos are being uploaded. Therefore, if you intend to attract a good number of audience for your video, make sure that you employ a good level of creativity in making it.
- 5Do not upload videos that are offensive.Keep in mind that there are various laws in place nowadays that prohibit cyberbullying. There can be serious penalties for violation of this particular law. Also, keep in mind that it is never correct to offend another person, be it face-to-face or through videos that you post online. It is never good to post videos that are intended to embarrass another person. Keep in mind that millions of people have the potential to see it.
- 6Do not upload prohibited and pirated materials such as movies and copyrighted videos.Uploading movies taken at movie houses, even if you are the one who actually shoot it, is prohibited and is considered a form of piracy. Most movie houses also implement strict rules for taking videos. Therefore, when you upload such types of videos, you are not only violating the anti-piracy law, you are also violating the rules of public places that you go to which is not something an educated person would do.Advertisement
Question and Answer
Did everything as described previously - went back to iPad / iMovie, and the YouTube upload failed. It will not recognize the NEW password specifically for the page.
When you tried to input the password. Make sure that you type it on how you see it as it is a case sensitive, if there are some upper case that you input or small letters, then you need to type them accordingly for it to get accepted and be able to log back in. To verify if the password you have created is correct, go to a computer, then login to the same website and check if the password is being accepted. If the password has been accepted that way, simply clear cookies, cache and history on your browser as it may be having a confusion of your browsing sessions. Sometimes, browser do open the old history that has been cached and it can cause such problems.
If the password you entered has been rejected, then the password you changed or created was not being applied to take effect. You may need to do the steps again and create a password for it, you may also do a forgot password instead then answer all the questions for you to recover the password you just created. The Google+ is just the same as your Gmail account or Gmail, e-mail. Go to this link to recover: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery?hl=en&ard=AHwGkRmaUf9tjl2hrTLAZoNKjrgNyONdqGZKdh_7qPLSeaFRgGUQLVpJIuLRGvPsrV7jBIslVvVdrz0JLo9_Db52Y3LWThXYA39nBqCNybds4vFr4t-WnKg80Osu5e3kK68QuRXmrxXc2kgMM3DmVLSeR7XN77z90Q Once you are able to recover the password, you should be able to upload the video to your YouTube account via Google+.
A common reason why it keeps on saying failed to upload is with your internet connection. If you are using 3G connection, it is best that you connect your iPad to your WiFi network for faster transfer rate and no traffic. If you are using 3G connection, a tendency that the connection might be having traffic due to usage and other people around your area where you are living. Data connection is a shared connection to all the people that are in the same area, every user has an allotted bytes for them to use. There is also a small possibility why it failed to upload the video, this is due to "Double NAT". If you have a modem and router in one (Known as Gateway) and you have connected a wireless router, basically your connection becomes totally restricted. To resolve such incident, you may need to open some ports or configure the wireless router as an access point. Again, only a slight chance to have a "Double NAT".
What you can do is to restart your wireless router and forget then connect to the network to retry to upload the video you want. Check how big the video you are trying to upload as well as it may be the cause of the problem for having failed to upload. If you also have a 1Mbps connection at home or a lot of devices that are connected at the same time and using the internet while uploading, it is best you ask them to wait or wait till you are the only one using the WiFi or internet.
Questions and Answers
How do I send a video I made on iPhone via email to a friend?Thanks?
Just don't know how and instructions on Google don't make sense.. Thanks, Sherry
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Apple
Recent edits by: vc, Maria, Melsan