Upload Pictures from Your Tablet
Edited by mahalia jovita b. bugasto, Rebecca M., Eng
We are now living in a modern world where technology is taking over almost everything. You can see the difference between the life we lived before and today through the things that we do. A long time ago if you wanted to write to someone who is far away you have had to use a piece of stationery (perfumed special paper) and a pen to stay in tough. This letter would have been sent through "snail mail" and the recipient would have had to wait 3 to 5 days to receive it. In some cases it may have even taken months (depending on where you are). These days you can easily send a message through the internet and the recipient will receive it in a matter of seconds (as long as you are both online).
Before if we wanted to talk with someone it could only be done by landline and by physically visiting them, but now you can just use your portable telephone or cellphone. You can even use those gadgets to have conversations over the internet through facetime, Skype, Viber etc. It seems that our lives revolve around these new gadgets and the internet and without them we might feel that we are incomplete and unable to function normally. My mom is a person who was born around the time when we didn't have access to gadgets let alone the internet and computers, smart phones, androids and tablets. She wanted me to teach her how to use one in particular which is our Tablet and I had a wonderful time having the tutorial with her. That is why I want to share my experience by using the internet to teach other people on how to use the gadgets we have today. Because as I have observed that If we cannot tweet, post our comments, pictures and a lot more over the social media networks we are using life becomes dull and boring. That is why for people who are not really that techie and savvy when it comes to using gadgets and the internet to share things such as your pictures. Let me give you some tips and procedures that you can follow for you to be able to upload your pictures from your Tablet: Two of the most visited social media websites are Facebook and Twitter. So how can you upload pictures that were taken from your Tablet directly to Facebook and Twitter: Here's how.
You have to make sure that you have a Facebook account. If you do not have let me show how we can make you one first:
- 1Type www.facebook.com or just click the link in blue.On the address bar of Mozilla, Google or Internet Explorer:Advertisement
- 2Once you are there on the Facebook page, Look for the linkable "SIGN UP".Advertisement
- 3Make sure that the email address that you sign up with is legitimate and that you can access it, because you will receive notifications from Facebook from time to time through that email address.You just have to provide all the information that is needed and click on the "SIGN UP" button once your done.
- 4Wait for the confirmation that you have successfully signed-up for an account on Facebook.
- 5Log-on to your Facebook account
- 6All pictures either taken from your Tablet camera or from other sources like downloaded and Bluetooth acquired pictures.Access the Photo button on your Android Tablet - You should see an overview of your photos in thumbnail form.
- 7Pick the option to download your pictures to your Facebook account
- 8Pick and Tap the Photo/s you would like to upload - You can tap as many pictures as you want you will see a "green check" on the pictures that will be downloaded.
- 9Tap the "Compose button" on the lower-right corner of your Tablet screen - It looks like a green circle that will have numbers on it indicating how many pictures will be uploaded
- 10The picture/s will appear as thumbnails on the "Write post screen" which is similar to your "Update Status Screen"After selecting the picture/s you would like to upload, wait for them to transfer from your Tablets memory onto your Facebook account.
- 11It is optional and is recommended to add some text or sentences about your picture so that everyone can relate to it.
- 12Tap the "Post Button" for your picture to upload to the Internet.
- 13The image will be posted as soon as it travels through the internet and digested by Facebook.
Some Helpful Tips
- If you do not want to use a picture from your gallery you can actually take a real-time picture before uploading. You can do this by touching the Camera button instead on step 6. The Tablet switches to camera mode for you to take instant pictures.
- To check your Facebook Photo Album and the pictures you have uploaded tap the "Menu" icon on the upper-left corner of you Facebook main page and tap the "profile" icon on the sidebar and choose "Photos" when you want to view your profile as well.
- Facebook also appears on the "Share" options of most of the Photo applications you can download such as Photobucket or Picasa. All you have to do is choose Facebook from the share menu and upload the picture you have edited.
- 1But with the aid of TwitPic you can finally add pictures for you and your friends to enjoy at Twitter. TwitPic is a website that will help you share your photos.Although for twitter it's a different case, because as we all know with twitter we are unable to upload photos.Advertisement
- 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- 3If you don't, you have to create an account.You should have an existing Twitter account.
- How to Sign-up for a twitter account
- On your internet browser at the address bar type www.twitter.com or click this link.
- Tap on the sign-up
- Provide all the necessary information. Your full name (First and Last name), Email address (Make sure it is a legitimate one)
- Create a password
- Choose your username (a unique one will be very nice)
- Then tap on the "create my account" button
- wait for the confirmation of the success update of your account creation.
- How to Sign-up for a twitter account
- 4Go to TwitPic.com
- 5Log-in using your Twitter Username and Password
- 6On the top part of the page you will see an option or a link that says "Upload Photo" and tap the link.
- 7Tap the pictures. You will see a green circle with a check on it once you have chosen a picture to upload.There will be a notification box that will ask you to browse through your pictures for the photos you want to upload.
- 8It is optional but recommended to add text or a message to your pictures before uploading
- 9Click the "upload" option on your Tablet screen
- 10Your picture has been uploaded from your Tablet to your twitter account for sharing purposes.That's it!Advertisement
Some Helpful Tips
- Twitter also appears on the "Share" options of most of the Photo applications you can download such as Photobucket or Picasa. All you have to do is choose twitter from the share menu and upload the picture you have.
- If you do not want to access a twitter client to upload your pictures you can easily tap on the icon that says "new tweet" and select from where you want to add the picture and click on "add". But this is still on its early stages and may deem functional.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Social Network
Recent edits by: Rebecca M., mahalia jovita b. bugasto