Upgrade to Dropbox Pro Using Windows 8
Edited by Grimm, Amanda, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to upgrade a standard Dropbox account to a Dropbox Pro account when using Windows 8.
- 2Click on the address bar near the top of the screen.Enter in "www.dropbox.com". Press the "Enter" key. This will take us directly to our account. We may need to sign in. However, existing Dropbox users like us may already be signed in. To see how to sign in, please take a look at our tutorial on how to sign in and out of Dropbox on Windows 8.Advertisement
- 3Locate the "Upgrade account" option.It is near the right-hand side beneath the address bar. It has a big star beside it. When we're ready to upgrade our account, we click "Upgrade account" one time. This is a web page, and a single click will make it function. Once we've clicked, we'll be taken to another page. We will see our username, an alarm icon, a smiley face icon, and the standard Dropbox icon. We are also given the option "Choose your plan".
- 4Scroll down a bit.We will be choosing Dropbox Pro, the center option. Dropbox Pro costs $10 per month, basically, or $100 a year, depending on how we sign up. If we didn't want to use Dropbox Pro, we could also use Dropbox for Business. We also have a tutorial on how to sign up for Dropbox for Business. In this tutorial, we're simply going to upgrade our Dropbox to Dropbox Pro.
- 5Click once on the blue button located beneath the Dropbox Pro option.It is labeled "Upgrade your Dropbox". It will take us to the next window, where they ask to confirm that we actually want to upgrade our account. Note that underneath the blue "Upgrade your Dropbox" button, it lists "just $9.99/month or $99/year". This is telling us that if we choose to pay monthly, we'll pay a little bit more than we'd pay yearly. However, we like to pay for things a little bit at a time, so for us, monthly is the way to go. Otherwise, yearly is definitely a better value.
- 6Click once on the blue "Upgrade your Dropbox" button to confirm.This takes us to the actual area where we're going to upgrade. We now have the option to choose our plan. We can choose to save, as mentioned previously, about 17% per year. We can also keep an "Extended Version History", which is another $39 per year. We will choose to be billed monthly.
- 17Read the confirmation.After clicking on "Agree and Pay", we will see a pop-up that tells us about our increased account space. We will see a message saying "Congratulations" and "You're now on Dropbox Pro." Its illustration means we've jumped out of the little fish bowl and into the big fish tank, and we've even got our own castle.
- 18This concludes our tutorial on how to upgrade your Dropbox account to Dropbox Pro using a web browser with Windows 8.Thanks for choosing VisiHow. As ever, if you have questions or comments, do please leave them in the section below. Have a great day, and make sure to check out our other fantastic Dropbox videos.Advertisement
Video: Upgrade to Dropbox Pro Using Windows 8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Eng, Amanda, Grimm