Upgrade iPhone using iTunes
Edited by Michael Mangada, Eng, Melsan, Alma
Some of us are still stuck with old versions of iOS because we are having errors while upgrading our iPhone. I will show you how to upgrade your iPhone using iTunes and I will try to teach you how to eliminate the errors.
- 1First make sure you back up your phone to computer or iCloud.Advertisement
- 2Open iTunes make sure its updated to the latest version, you can download the latest iTunes from here www.apple.com/itunes/download/Advertisement
- 6Last step is just to wait for the update to finish.
Alternate way of updating iPhone or without using iTunes
Another way of updating your iOS or iPhone can also be done through WiFi connection, aside from using iTunes to a computer. If you are a person who does not have a computer or has a computer, but does not have iTunes, this can help you how to install updates on your phone or while travelling and found that there is an update. See the steps below on how to install the update via WiFi.
First things first, make a backup with your iPhone's content to your iCloud before doing an update. Double check that you have enough space on your phone before doing an update, make sure that you also have a good WiFi internet access for the phone will not get interrupted.
- 1It is best that you connect your phone charger upon doing an update.Check the battery level on your phone on your phone.Advertisement
- 2Simply go to SettingsOnce you secure the power level on your phone.
- 3After Settings, hit on General.
- 4In the General menu, you will find there Software update.
- 5In the Software update, you will find there the version and how much space that it can occupy on your phone.Advertisement
Simply tap on download and it will download the data on your phone. You can install it later or install it after you download on your phone. There are some iOS devices that you cannot make an update which result from being blocked or prohibited to communicate with the server.
If an error appears
- Not all firmware upgrade is perfect, if the error appears simply put your iPhone into DFU mode and click restore
- If you do not know how to put your phone into DFU mode, go to my other post on how to do just that Put iPhone to DFU mode
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- If you are in iOS 6.0, 6.1 or 6.1.2 do not upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 it sucks and it doesn't have a tethered jailbreak if you are planning to jailbreak it.
- If you the process if finished and your first boot up leads you to connect to iTunes simply do what it says and click restore.