Upgrade from Fedora 18 to Fedora 19 with FedUp for Desktop and Server
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Charmed
Simple FedUp steps for upgrading Fedora 18 are the recommended tool to use for upgrading your system from Fedora 18 to 19. All you have to do is to install the FedUp package on the system before you upgrade, and if you follow the steps properly, everything will run smoothly.
Warning: As a precautionary measure, make sure you put all important data on a USB device or external hard drive before you proceed. In case a fresh install is required due to some unforeseen error while the upgrade process is going, you will still have all your important data intact.
Upgrading Fedora 18 to Fedora 19
- 1On the desktop area right click then click on "Open in Terminal".You can also go to Menu > Applications > Accessories > Terminal.Advertisement
- 2If the package is not installed by default then go ahead and install FedUp package.Advertisement
- 7Upgrading of Fedora 18 to Fedora 19 can be seen onscreen.Advertisement
The process may take a while so please be patient. Once the upgrade is successfully completed, your system will be ready with Fedora 19.
Tips and Reminders
- Conducting a clean installation, then restoring backup data may be a better option for some users. Upcoming releases may involve features assisting in the process. Before doing an upgrade, please make sure you read the Release Notes thoroughly.
- On Using Rawhide: Remember that Rawhide is not for casual use; rather, it is a development version of Fedora that is updated on a daily basis. It is used by people who are testing or developing Fedora prior to a public release. Make sure you are an experienced user who truly wants to contribute to its stability -- not just access it for newer versions of a certain package.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.