Update Samsung Galaxy Note II N7000 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 6 others
Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Note II
The Samsung Galaxy Note II N7000 came with Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread).
With the latest updates to Android 4.3, Jelly Bean can now be installed on your Galaxy Note II. This tutorial will walk you through the steps to upgrade your Note II N7000 Android from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean. Please note the following items and reminders below, which will guide you through everything you need before performing an upgrade to your Android Operating System.
- 1This only works with rooted phones.Advertisement
- 2Your device must not be locked by any mobile provider or carrier.Advertisement
- 3Your device must have a recovery image tool installed on it, such as ClockWorldMod Recovery.This is a custom recovery image tool for Android devices that allows users to perform modifications, installations, maintenance and many advanced functions that are not possible on Android devices without such tools.
- 4A Factory Reset will be required.This means that all the data on the device will be wiped out, so it's advisable to back up files such as contacts, messages, call logs, photos, and applications before starting the process.
- 5You will need to turn on USB debugging on your phone.This is done by navigating to Menu -> Settings -> Developer Options > where you'll tick 'USB Debugging'.
- 6Make sure that the drivers of your Samsung Galaxy Note II are also installed on your computer.
- 7Finally, your battery should be at least 80 percent charged.We recommend a full charge.
Once these criteria are met, you can install Android 4.3 Jelly bean on your Samsung Galaxy Note II N7000.
Installation Instructions for the Note II and Jelly Bean 4.3
You can install Jelly Bean on your Note II by following these steps.
- 1Download the software CM10.2 Android 4.3 ROM, and Google Apps to your computer.You can search for sources of this software on the internet, but we used SAM Mobile to download our Firmware.Advertisement
- 2Using your USB cable, plug your phone into your computer, and copy the downloaded software to your SD card.
- 3Turn off your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- 9After this, tap the 'Back' button, and then 'Install Zip'.Select zip from SD card', and select the Android 4.3 software file.
- 11Once the software has finished installing, tap 'back' once more.Then, choose 'zip from SD card', and select the file name for your Google Apps software. After that, tap 'Yes'. The software will now start installing on your device.
- 12Once that's finished, select 'Wipe Cache Partition', followed by 'Yes'.Then go back once more, to 'Advanced', and 'Wipe Dalvik Cache'.
- 13After you have finished, go back and select 'Reboot the system now'.
- 14The system will now reboot.Note that there are instances when the phone takes longer than normal to start up again. If you think that your phone is taking too long, you can remove the battery, and then replace it, booting up the phone again. Once booted back up, you will be asked to set up the phone. After this, you will see the changes in your operating system.
- 15Welcome to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean!Enjoy!
Questions and Answers on Installing Jelly Bean 4.3
Why do I constantly lose network connectivity after updating?
I keeping losing network after updating my Samsung Galaxy Note2. Why is this happening?
With the recent update to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, many users have been complaining about low battery life and poor WiFi connections or network signals. Here are the steps to correct loss of network connectivity with the recent Kitkat update:
- 1Go to 'Settings'Advertisement
- 2Click on 'Connections'
- 3Select 'WiFi'
- 4Choose your WiFi network.
- 5Press on 'Menu' button.
- 6Choose 'Forget'
- 7Deactivate WiFi
- 8Reactivate WiFi after 10 minutes
- 9Put in the WiFi network informationAdvertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Visihow Admin, Dougie-1, Rob