Update Instant Messaging or IM Profile in Microsoft Office 365 for Work or School
Edited by Grimm, Ash0hley, Eng
Welcome to VisiHow. In the following tutorial, we are going to show you how to update your instant messaging profile or I'm profile when using Microsoft Office online or Microsoft Office 365, for business, work, or school purposes.
- 5Let's type a file name in the "File name:" text box. Once we have our file name in the box, choose "Open". One tap on open loads our file. It may take a moment, so please be patient. Depending on the speed of our connection, it could be quick, or it could be slow. Now the photo will be loaded. We do not have the option to change the image from this screen. It is a simple square image, and it will appear exactly as it is here.Type in the name of the file, if known, or we can search for it.
- 9We can update our phone or our email address from here as well. This is particularly useful for large groups, large universities, or business projects. In these cases, there are a number of different people working across different disciplines. They may need to get to know one another, but might only interact remotely or occasionally. Likewise, if we met someone at a business function, and we both worked for the same company or attend the same university, we'll be able to use this function to find them more easily. If we do choose to edit our profile, we can simply navigate up to the "edit your profile" area. We can click either the little pen or the actual word "edit". Click either one.From here, we can click on "edit" to edit our profile the rest of the way.
- 10We can also click on the three dots, or the ellipsis, then click on the "News feed Settings" or the "Language and Region" options. We are going to click outside of this box because we don't need to edit those now.From the next screen, we will be able to edit our basic information, our contact information, or our details.
- 11If we scroll down a little bit with the scrolling bar on the right. We can then change our photo, and we can put in an area where people can ask us about different things. This is particularly useful if we, for example, were in charge of new email accounts or website updates. In this case, we could put in, "Ask me about website updates." In these cases, people would contact us to make requests or give us information.To start, we have the option to change our name, work phone, or add some text about ourselves.
- 12We have a work email listed. There are also options for a mobile phone number, fax, home phone, office locations, and any assistants or other people that I may have. We'll note that some of this information is public, and everyone can see them. However, for other information, like a fax number, will have options as to who can see them.Next, we'll click on "Contact Information".
- 17Once we have clicked on that, there are a number of tags that we can add and who can see them. We can set which email notifications we'd like to receive. We can let people see who we are following. We also have a number of activities we can share on our News feed. This could allow us to interact more closely with individuals we may be working or attending school with. When we are finished, we can save and close.Click on "News feed Settings" to go there.
- 23Under "Region" we'll have the option to choose our settings and use our personal settings, or use regional settings defined by our site administrator. We can set the locale. We can set our calendar. We can enable an alternate calendar. Perhaps most importantly, we can define our work week, and let people know how, when, and where we are working. This will let them know what our first day of the week is, what our first week of the year is, and when we are starting and finishing. It also lets us set up a time format, whether 24 hours or 12 hours. When finished, click "Save all and close".Next, we can select the time zone that we are currently in so that more people are able to contact us within our time zones and know whether it may or may not be appropriate to reach us.
- 25If you need any additional help with this or other Microsoft Office Online applications, please let us know in the comment section below, and we'll be happy to assist you. Thank you for choosing VisiHow and have a great day.This concludes our tutorial on how to update and change our profile when using Microsoft Office 365 for business, work or school.Advertisement
Video: Update Instant Messaging or I'm Profile in Microsoft Office 365 for Work or School
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Update Instant Messaging or IM Profile in Microsoft Office 365 for Work or School. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Update_Instant_Messaging_or_IM_Profile_in_Microsoft_Office_365_for_Work_or_School
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Update Instant Messaging or IM Profile in Microsoft Office 365 for Work or School." VisiHow, visihow.com/Update_Instant_Messaging_or_IM_Profile_in_Microsoft_Office_365_for_Work_or_School Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Update Instant Messaging or IM Profile in Microsoft Office 365 for Work or School." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Update_Instant_Messaging_or_IM_Profile_in_Microsoft_Office_365_for_Work_or_School.
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Ash0hley, Grimm