Update Emoji for Galaxy S2
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Eng, Nuance
To mass media and communication experts, the medium used to relay a message is important in interpreting it's intention. While face-to-face interaction remains the best form of communication at any given time, there is also much to be said about written communication. Apart from the traditional use of paper and ink to convey a message, written communication has assumed many forms, including email messages, SMS, and even snail mail, which all made significant contributions to human interaction.
The Problem With Written Messages
Regardless of any written form of communication, there is always the difficulty for the reader to grasp the original emotion and intent of the sender. There are no nuances – no body language, facial expressions or tone of voice to give clues as to the emotion behind the message. In some cases, this obstacle can be remedied with more intricate and detailed writing; however, most people do not have the time and skill to write literary masterpieces to get their point across. How then, can messages and emotions be accurately expressed to the recipient using the least amount of characters possible?
The answer lies in the wonderful invention of the all-powerful emoticon, or its more popularized variant: Emoji. The use of Emoji is the simplest way for people to know how you feel even without saying anything at all. And if you have a Samsung Galaxy S2, you can enjoy the full range of Emoji available on your mobile. You can have lots of fun with Emoji as you share your feelings to all your family and friends. Below are the steps required to activate and update your Emoji keyboard on the Samsung Galaxy S2:
Installing Emoji From The Play Store
The easiest way to obtain Emoji is to download an app from the Play Store.
- 1Go to the "App" menu of your phone.Advertisement
- 2Go to the "Play Store".Advertisement
- 3From there, search for the "GoSMS" app.
- 4Tap the most relevant result that comes up.(In this case, GoSMS was made by the GO Dev Team.)
- 5On the GoSMS page of the Play Store, tap "Install".
- 6Tap "Accept".
Up to this step, the download should commence automatically and the app will be installed on your phone (provided there is enough space for the app). By now, you are most probably excited to open the app and create your Emoji, however, there are a few more steps required to fully activate it. While you may have the necessary messaging client, the full functionality of the Emoji requires an additional plugin. Thankfully, the Play Store provides an update.
To update Emoji on Galaxy S2
- 1Go to the "App" menu of your phone.
- 2Go to the "Play Store".
- 3From there, search for the "GoSMS Pro Emoji Plugin" app.
- 4Tap the most relevant result that comes up.
- 5On the GoSMS Emoji Plugin page of the Play Store, tap "Update".
- 6Tap "Accept".
Once the plugin has finished updating, you are now ready to set up your messaging client to send Emoji!
- 1Open GoSMS.
- 2Compose a new message.
- 3Tap on the "paper clip" button.
- 4All of the available Emoji should be on display here, and you can choose as many as you want to put into your message.For this app however, there are a few things to consider:
- Those using iOS devices iPhones, iPads, etc. Will be able to see your Emoji sent through GoSMS by default.
- Android devices need to have both GoSMS and the Emoji Plugin in order for Emoji to be displayed correctly.
Emoji provide everyone with a new way to interact with friends and family with their colorful display of emotions. Breathe new life into your Galaxy S2's messaging client with your Emoji, with GoSMS and the Emoji Plugin apps! Enjoy!
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Nerissa Avisado