Update Emoji for Galaxy S2
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous
To mass media and communication experts, the medium used to relay a message is a very important factor in its interpretation. While face-to-face interaction remains the best form of communication at any given time, there is also much to be said about written communication. Apart from the traditional use of paper and ink to convey a message, written communication has assumed many forms, including email messages, SMS, and even snail mail, which all made significant contributions to human interaction.
Regardless of any written form of communication, there is always the difficulty on the part of readers to grasp the original emotion and intent of the sender. In some cases this obstacle can be remedied with more intricate and detailed writing. However, most people do not have the time and skill to write literary masterpieces to get a point across. So how can messages and emotions be accurately expressed to the recipient using the least amount of characters possible? The answer lies in the wonderful invention of the all-powerful emoticon, or its more popularized variant: Emoji. The use of Emojis is the simplest way for people to know how you feel even without saying anything at all. And if you have a Samsung Galaxy S2, you can enjoy the full range of Emojis available on your mobile. You can have lots of fun with Emojis as you share your feelings to all your family and friends. Below are the steps required to activate and update your Emoji keyboard on the Samsung Galaxy S2:
Installing from the play store[Edit]
The easiest way to obtain Emojis is to download an app from the Play Store.
- 1Go to the app menu of your phone.2Go to the Play Store.3From there, search for the “GoSMS” app.4Tap the most relevant result that comes up.(In this case, GoSMS was made by the GO Dev Team.)5On the GoSMS page of the Play Store, tap "Install".6Tap “Accept”.
Up to this step, the download should commence automatically and the app should be installed on your phone (provided there is enough space for the app). By now, you are most probably excited to open the app and create your Emojis. However, there are a few more steps required to fully activate it. While you may have the necessary messaging client, the full functionality of the Emojis requires an additional plugin. Thankfully, the Play Store provides an update.
To update Emoji on Galaxy S2[Edit]
- 1Go to the app menu of your phone.2Go to the Play Store.3From there, search for the “GoSMS Pro Emoji Plugin” app.4Tap the most relevant result that comes up.5On the GoSMS Emoji Plugin page of the Play Store, tap "Update".6Tap “Accept”.
Once the plugin has finished updating, you are now ready to set up your messaging client to send Emojis!
- 1Open GoSMS.2Compose a new message.3Tap on the paper clip button.4All of the available Emojis should be on display here, and you can choose as many as you want in your message.For this app however, there are a few things to consider:
- Those using iOS devices iPhones, iPads, etc. Will be able to see your Emojis sent through GoSMS by default.
- Android devices need to have both GoSMS and the Emoji Plugin in order for Emojis to be displayed correctly.
Emojis provide everyone with a new way to interact with friends and family with their colorful display of emotions. Breathe new life into your Galaxy S2’s messaging client with your Emojis today, with GoSMS and the Emoji Plugin apps! Enjoy!
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Nerissa Avisado
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 1,202 times.