Unlock a Samsung Galaxy Note Phone when Your Screen Is Broken
Edited by Doug Collins, Dougie-1, vc, Sean and 15 others
I am going to show you my Samsung Note3 which I ran over with my car yesterday. I had a big problem because I could not get into the device and I am sure you are here for the same reason. I needed to get my data off the device and onto my new phone.
- 1 Steps
- 2 How to Remotely Unlock any Samsung Phone with Samsung's Find my Phone App
- 3 How to make your device useless to anyone who steals or finds your lost phone with Samsung's Reactivation Lock
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
- 3What I did was draw my pattern unlock even though I couldn't fully see what I was doing in the dead areas of my screen and it worked to unlock my phone. As you can see it does respond to the pen. I can scroll around and everything works with the pen, so the key is to use your pen.As you can see I don't have a pattern unlock on the screen like I did before and I can't see my entire screen because part of it is completely dark.
How to Remotely Unlock any Samsung Phone with Samsung's Find my Phone App
The second thing that I want to show you is the find your phone app. The Android device manager has a find your iPhone app in it. That is the one I was using. It turned out to be a really bad idea considering Samsung has pretty much the exact same app however Samsung's version has features in it that would have saved me.
How to make your device useless to anyone who steals or finds your lost phone with Samsung's Reactivation Lock
- 2The device becomes useless to them. There is a section of memory specifically set aside that cannot be tampered with and that is where the Reactivation Lock is stored. Nobody can get in there and undo it and thus makes the device completely useless to a thief. Thus it is more likely your device will be returned to you when it is lost or stolen. Especially if you send a reward to the thief through this app.I recommend you turn this setting on because if someone steals your device they can no longer wipe or reset the device.
- 3So I strongly recommend you go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do to setup your new device and use the features described above.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
LCD is broken on Galaxy Note3. Is there an app for laptop to remotely control my Android?
LCD is broken & my phone has password on it. I can not get into my phone to even open up my phone to retrieve my data. is there an app to do so?. I have tried: Plugging it into laptop but nothing registers on my computer. I think it was caused by: I broke the LCD when working in attic. I sat on the phone & inside screen is cracked in pieces
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Tahsinhm, NONYA, KC77