Unlock All Achievements in Minecraft XBOX360 Edition
Edited by Batkingnz, Denver, Eng, Lynn and 4 others
Minecraft is The fastest selling game in the Xbox Live Arcade and the already number two in total sales. This sandbox world building title has captured the imaginations of millions around the world. One of the big advantages of playing this game on the Xbox 360 is the smooth running online servers and controlled experience for everyone in the game (as opposed to the countless mods for the PC version). But there's another thing on the Xbox 360 Edition that gets gamers hooked. Those oh so addicting achievements that boost your Xbox Live Gamer Score. There are 20 achievements worth 400 points up for grabs in this game and the "How To" below is going to tell you how to get them all.
Unlocking All Achievements
First things first - if you've already been playing the game, then you've probably unlocked a few of the early achievements. Press the Xbox home button on your controller and head to the "Games" menu. From here, go to "Achievements" and you can view a breakdown of your unlocked and locked achievements so far. Pro tip: Completing the tutorial level will allow you to unlock most of the earlier achievements.
- 1Getting Wood (10 points).The achievement is described as punching a tree until the block of wood pops out and that is really all you need to do for this early achievement. You will be using wood for almost everything in the game, so there's no reason not to make this one of the first achievements you unlock. Make sure you're using bare hands and not an axe of any kind, or the achievement won't unlock.Advertisement
- 2Taking Inventory (10 points).Really easy and almost a given that if you've played the game for five minutes, you've already done this. If it's still locked, just press Y on your controller to open the inventory.Advertisement
- 3Benchmarking (10 points).Use four blocks of wooden planks to create a crafting table, one of the first things you will need in the game. You can destroy trees with your hands even before you have tools and create the wooden planks from the crafting menu. Once you have the planks, just create the table from the same menu.
- 4Acquire Hardware (15 points).For this you will need to smelt an iron ingot. You will need a furnace, some fuel like coal, charcoal or wood and at least one block of iron ore. Iron ore can be found by digging in the ground at fairly low depths, but the easiest place to find it is in caves or canyons. You will find iron or coal in most caves without delving too deep. If you have iron but no coal, then wood is an easy enough fuel to find for smelting in your furnace. Once you combine the ingredients in the furnace you need to remove the iron ingot to unlock the achievement.
- 5Getting an Upgrade (15 points).Here's a simple achievement that just requires you to craft a better pickaxe. If you started the game with a wooden pickaxe then craft a stone one using stone and wooden sticks. If you started with stone then you will need to smelt three Iron Ingots and combine them with two sticks at the crafting table to create an iron pickaxe.
- 6Time to Strike (10 points).Use planks and sticks to make a sword. This one is really simple. Wood is one of the most readily available resources in the game. If you don't have any, just cut a small tree down and craft wooden planks and sticks at your crafting table and then use these to craft a wooden sword at the same table.
- 7Time to Mine (10 points).Again, here you will only need to use wooden planks and wooden sticks at your crafting table to make a wooden pickaxe. A very early achievement considering you will be using a pickaxe to collect the majority of your resources.
- 8Time to Farm (10 points).As with Time To Strike! This is a really easy one to get. You need to craft a wooden hoe at the crafting table using wooden planks and sticks. Make sure you hold on to the hoe because you will be using this later for another achievement.
- 9MOAR Tools (15 points).For this achievement you will need to construct one type of each tool. That's a pickaxe, a spade, an axe, and a hoe. Assuming that you have already completed the previous achievements, you should just have the spade to construct. Wood is a good resource to do this quickly, and just use the crafting table to create a wooden spade from wooden planks and sticks. If you missed any of the other tools, craft those now from the same materials.
- 10Monster Hunter (20 points).You need to kill any one monster in the game to unlock this achievement. The best way to do this is to have at least a wooden sword, and then look around at night time for a zombie or a spider. (You can use any monster but these are the easiest to kill when you're starting out.) You only need to attack and kill one monster to unlock.
- 11Hot Topic (15 points).Construct a furnace out of eight cobblestone blocks. Just as shown in the achievement description, you will be crafting a furnace from cobblestone at your crafting table. Cobblestone can be mined literally everywhere in the world by destroying stone blocks. This should be one of your first achievements, as the furnace is used to create a number of materials in the game.
- 12Cow Tipper (15 points).To unlock this, you will need to collect at least one unit of leather from a cow. Cows can be attacked with bare hands or any tools, but it's best to use a sword for this. The cow won't always drop leather when it's destroyed so just keep going until you have your piece of leather. Cows will also drop raw beef, which can be cooked as food in the game.
- 13Bake Bread (20 points).This is one of those achievements that is best unlocked in the tutorial level. The tutorial level has farms near your spawn point where you can collect what you need, using your wooden hoe. Use the wheat to create bread at your crafting table. You will need three units of wheat to create one unit of bread, and the bread can then be used to restore your food level/health. If you're no longer in the tutorial, you can plant your own wheat next to water bodies by finding wheat seeds in grass blocks, or by discovering villages in the game, which will always have wheat farms.
- 14Leader Of The Pack (30 points).This is one of the more time-consuming achievements in the game. You will need to tame five wolves to unlock this. To tame a wolf, you need to collect bones to feed the wolf, and they won't always tame the first time. Start by collecting bones by destroying skeletons at nighttime. You can also wait until daytime, when skeletons burn in the sun and collect the bones that way. You will need at least 10 bones to begin with, but depending how many bones it takes to tame a wolf, you could be looking at 15 bones. Wolves can be found in forested areas anywhere on the map and will usually be in packs.
- 15The Lie (40 points).You will need to create a cake at your crafting table using wheat, sugar, milk and eggs. This is another achievement that is easiest in the tutorial level where you can get all the ingredients from the farm area. You will need buckets for collecting the milk, which can be created from iron ingots.
- 16Delicious Fish (15 points).You will need a fishing rod to catch a fish and a furnace for cooking for this achievement. A fishing rod can be crafted from sticks and string, and you can collect string by killing spiders, which are easiest to find around your shelter at nighttime. Once you have the ingredients, then you can use your crafting table to make the fishing rod and head to a body of water. The trick to catching a fish is to wait for you buoy to go under the water and quickly pull back the rod. Once you have a fish, just cook and remove it from your furnace to unlock the achievement.
- 17Dispense With This (20 points).Here's another easy one to get in the tutorial level. You will need to create a dispenser using redstone, a bow and cobblestone. Redstone can be found in the redstone training area of the tutorial, cobblestone from destroying stone blocks and the bow you can create from string and wooden sticks. Once you have collected what you need, use the crafting table to make the dispenser and place it anywhere to unlock the achievement.
- 18When Pigs Fly (40 points).This achievement will probably be unlocked as you start to delve deeper into the game and literally deeper into the earth as well. You will need a saddle for this achievement, which can only be found in chests in randomly spawned underground dungeons. When mining in caves, keep an eye out for mossy stone bricks (stone bricks that have green accents on them). If you find any, then dig through because this will almost always be a dungeon. Once you have acquired a saddle, head back to the surface and put it on a pig and ride the pig. This part can be difficult because you can't control the animal. To unlock this achievement, the pig needs to fall and take damage while you are riding it. You can wait it out hoping for the pig to take a high enough fall, or you can dig out a cliff or hole next to the pig before you ride it, which will give it more chance of getting damaged right away.
- 19Into The Nether (40 points).For this achievement you will need a diamond pickaxe, obsidian blocks and the flint and steel item. Diamond is a very rare resource found underground so it's another achievement that will come later in the game. You can craft the diamond pickaxe using three pieces of diamond and wooden sticks. You can now look for obsidian. Obsidian is created when water meets lava source blocks. You can find lava in pools on the surface level, but you will have to do some running around to find them. It can also be found flowing in underground caves. When you have found your lava, collect water in buckets and dump it in to the lava you have found and obsidian blocks will be created. You will need 14 blocks in total. Place these in a standing rectangle four blocks across and five blocks high. Once you have built the portal you need to ignite the inside face of any block using your flint and steel tool (create this at the crafting table with iron ingot and flint). Once the block ignites, the portal will activate and the achievement is unlocked.
The Final Achievement, On A Rail (40 points)
This is by far the most frustrating achievement of them all, and although you don't necessarily need to do this last, it does make sense, considering all the resources you will need. To unlock this you will need to create a rail line straight in one direction that is at least 500 m long, and then ride it. One in block game is equal to one meter so you will need a total of 500 rail pieces. Check out the ingredients below.
- 1Rail.For every six iron ingots and one stick, you can craft six rails at your crafting table. Make no mistake, you will be mining iron for hours because you need a total of 480 rails to complete your line.Advertisement
- 2Powered Rail.For every six gold ingots, one redstone dust and one stick, you will be able to craft six powered rails. You will need 20 rails in total to complete your line. Gold is one of the rarest resources in the game, so just keep exploring underground until you have enough gold. While searching for gold, you should find redstone dust near the bedrock level. Redstone is fairly common within 12 blocks of the bedrock and you will be using it for your torches too.
- 3Redstone Torch.One stick and one redstone dust will get you one redstone torch. You can craft torches from coal and sticks and then combine the torch with redstone at the crafting table to make it a redstone torch. You will need 20 of these to power each powered rail.
- 4Mine Cart.Five iron ingots will let you create the mine cart at your crafting station.
- 5Putting It All Together.The best way to do this is to find the flattest stretch of land you can and start laying your rail there. Start with a powered rail, followed by 24 regular rails, followed by a powered rail, etc. Keep doing this until you have used all of your rails. If you come across valleys or water, you can use blocks to create a land bridge, and if you come across hills and mountains, then tunnel through them. Once your track has been laid, it needs to be powered. Put a redstone torch directly adjacent or underneath the block that holds each powered rail. Leave the first one unpowered as that will be your starter block. When your whole rail is powered, aside from the starter block, place your mine cart on the starter. Get in the mine cart and then place the remaining redstone torch on the block next to your rail, and now watch yourself fly across the world at super speed and this ludicrous achievement will be unlocked.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Try and complete as many as you can of the earlier achievements in the tutorial level, as most of the resources you need are right there at the beginning of the game.
- Playing in creative mode will disable achievements. If you've chosen a particular world to create your achievements, then make sure you're always playing survival mode. Going into creative mode just once will permanently disable achievements in that world.
- Use peaceful mode if you are mining for resources. Your collecting will move faster without the extra distraction of zombies and skeletons trying to kill you.
- On a rail. Although we have described a very basic method of getting this achievement, you can also use things like pressure plates to start off your rail and use beginning and end blocks on it to clean things up. Some users have also built overhead platforms for rails to eliminate any tunnelling or building across water. If you're playing with other people online, the rail can be used by any player and mining together will reduce the time to complete the rail. Alternatively, if you come across an online game that has a rail of sufficient length already built, you can complete the achievement there without mining or building anything!
Questions and Answers
How do I beat survival mode on Minecraft?
How do I get all the tools and stuff that I need so when I need them I can use them?
- Get an Iron Pickaxe and obtain 3 Diamonds. Make a Diamond Pickaxe out of the diamonds.
- Find Lava anywhere. Lava can be doused with Water in a Bucket (3x Iron for that). Get at least 10 Obsidian slabs from Laval and build a portal out of them with a space in the middle.
- Take Flint and Steel and light the gate. Go to Underworld, find a Fortress, and keep killing Blazes until Rods drop. Grind Rods to get Blaze Powder and go back through the portal.
- Find Endermans. Do not look at them, but kill several of them in melee combat while not looking to get Ender Pearl. Mix Ender Pearls with Blaze Powder to get Eye of Ender. Get as many as you can.
- Toss Eye of Enders and follow them until they stop flying away from you. This will be the location of a Stronghold with the End Portal.
- Before you enter this portal, make sure that you have a Bow with the Infinity enchantment. Go into the well to find the portal location. Use 12 Eye of Enders to open the portal. Step into the portal.
- Shoot the Crystals upon obsidian pillars to stop healing for the dragon. Avoid looking directly at Endermans. Kill the dragon with the bow. Enter the exit portal.
I need all of the achievements for Minecraft (Xbox 360) in basic terms?
Basic terms (e.g: 'when pigs fly' ride a pig of a height where you will take enough fall damage to keep the pig alive).
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : XBOX
Recent edits by: Anup, Jen M, Veronica aceves