Unhide Accidentally Hidden Post in Facebook
Edited by Eman, angeline zuhura, Graeme, Eng and 4 others
Sometimes when your browsing your Facebook profile you can accidentally hide a post. Later you want it back in your timeline but you don't know how to do it. It is really easy to bring back that post. When your still in your profile and not going on any page yet. You can still see this "This post is now hidden from your timeline. Undo" you just need to hit the undo button and it will be back in your timeline. But what if you already navigate on some other pages. In this case you will not have an option to undo the hidden post. You just need to follow the instructions below to put back the hidden post in your timeline:
- 1On your Facebook profile go to Activity Log.Advertisement
- 2On the left side look for " Post you've hidden" Click on it.Advertisement
- 3You will see all the list of the post that you've hidden.
- 4Click it and select "Allowed on timeline".On the post that you want to unhide on your timeline you will see a circle with a slant line on the right side of it.
- 5That's it.
Hide a post from face book page.
Generally, hiding a post from your page will remove it from your face book timeline. People will not be able to see it there. Though if the post you choose to hide had been previously shared, it will still be visible to the people it was shared with. Remember that photos you hide from your timeline are still visible when people visit your Photos view.
- 1Hoover your cursor on your pages timeline.Advertisement
- 2Click the tick(check mark) that appears in the upper-right corner.
- 3Select Hide from Page
Questions and Answers
Where can I find the Facebook 'activity log'?
I want to clear my search history. Where is the activity log?
To access the Facebook Activity Log, you will need to take the following steps:
- 1It can be found in the upper right corner of your screen.Open your profile, and click on the down arrow.
- 2This will open your Settings page.Then, click the Settings option.
- 3On the left side menu, click the tab for Privacy.
- 4Under that, click on the option to Use Activity Log.Look for Who can see my stuff?.
- 5This can be hard to find, but it's usually found under the Photos tab listings.Then, select the More option.
- 6This will show you all of the Facebook searches you've made.After that, click on Search.
- 7You can then Clear History to get rid of your search records.Advertisement
What about unhiding a post on a page (as opposed to a profile)?
These instructions are for Facebook profile, but I want to unhide a post I accidentally hid on a page (as opposed to a profile)
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Unhide Accidentally Hidden Post in Facebook. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Unhide_Accidentally_Hidden_Post_in_Facebook
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Unhide Accidentally Hidden Post in Facebook." VisiHow, visihow.com/Unhide_Accidentally_Hidden_Post_in_Facebook Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Unhide Accidentally Hidden Post in Facebook." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Unhide_Accidentally_Hidden_Post_in_Facebook.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: vc, MsBarbs, Grimm