Understand the Importance of a Hotel Guest Room Inspection
Edited by Hotelier, Amanda, Eng, KrisDaKid and 1 other
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today's tutorial will discuss the importance of a housekeeping room inspection in a hotel. The room inspection is an important part of the housekeeping process for many reasons.
- 1The main purpose of the room inspection is to maintain housekeeping standards.There are a set of standards that housekeeping will need to follow for cleaning, refreshing, and stocking rooms. It's important to maintain these because it will help keep guest satisfaction high. If our guest satisfaction drops, we may also experience a drop in hotel occupancy. We want to make sure that our guests are kept happy, and one way we can do that is to maintain our standards of good service.Advertisement
- 2Create a room inspection checklist.This will help us check that we are meeting housekeeping standards. We discuss how to create a checklist in our tutorial on how to manage hotel or hospitality guest room inspections. The checklist is a very good tool to help us establish a set procedure for making sure that every important area is checked and that anything that was not done correctly or is not functioning correctly is fixed.Advertisement
- 4Guest room inspections help us keep good working order of facilities.This includes telephones, TVs, minibars, hot and cold water, guest coffee machine, and other appliances and electronics. All of these things need to be checked to make sure there are no issues in the room. We need to make sure that our guest rooms' facilities are kept in proper working condition.
- 5The room inspection reminds housekeepers of any missing items.The average time to clean a guest room is about 20 minutes. Every housekeeper, in every room, needs to be making sure that amenities are placed in the room in the correct number. This includes every bar of soap or bottle of shower gel, body lotion, shampoo, and all other amenities, such as robes and slippers. During the room inspection, the housekeeping supervisor will be able to check this. They can count the amenities and make sure they are all included and in good shape before the guest room is released for use.
- 6This concludes today's tutorial on the housekeeping room inspection's importance.If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.Advertisement
Video: Understand the Importance of a Hotel Guest Room Inspection
Questions and Answers
Now I am looking for the job housekeeping and I have to answer the question in application form?
Our Business is hospitality! How would you help us provide hospitality?
You will want to tailor your answer to housekeeping such as:
- I would help provide hospitality by making sure every guest felt that they were right at home. Keeping the hotel rooms above average cleanliness standards.
- A smile can make people feel relaxed so I would make it a point to smile at every guest I pass as I go about my tasks on the floor.
- I will ensure to pass on to management any suggestions I notice such as waste or lack of amenities that would provide our guests with better comfort during their stay.
Whatever you answer the most important part of the answer is that it conveys who you are. Personality in this kind of answer means more than what the words say. If you come across as a calming presence this can help you get employment in hospitality.
The Importance of Inspection in hotel industry?
The Importance of Inspection in hotel industry
The importance of Inspection in the hotel industry is to provide standards and evaluate if the company meets those standards. No matter what room you walk in whether it be a suite or standard guest room, the cleanliness and overall feel of the room should be the same. Keeping watch for any pest issues or removing stained items such as comforters are key to keeping guests coming back.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: KrisDaKid, Eng, Amanda