Understand the Basics of Promoting and Selling your Hotel to Guests
Edited by Hotelier, priya, Eng
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today, we will share with you some points to remember when you're trying to sell your hotel to a potential guest. We have separated this presentation into 3 categories - information about our guestrooms, general information about the hotel, as well as information about the hotel outlets.
- 2As well, we need to know the number of rooms within each category. Categories of rooms may be classic or standard, superior or deluxe, corner rooms, or suites. There are also several other types of rooms depending on which company or which hotel we're working with.We need to know the number and the type of available rooms, including the total number of rooms in the hotel.Advertisement
- 4This includes if we have rooms with bathtubs and/or showers, minibars, in-room safes, irons and ironing boards. Any of the things that stand out about our rooms, that are common among all rooms, or specific only for certain types, such as jacuzzi bathtubs in our suites.We need to know our guestroom features.
- 6We need to know what kinds of views are available from the hotel. Does our hotel have a city view? If so, from which direction, and from which rooms? Do we have a sea view, a mountain view, a garden view, or no view at all? We need to know this so that we can place our guests in the most appropriate rooms. Also, it may help us sell a higher category. For instance, if we have a deluxe room with a city view on the backside of the hotel, but on the front side of the hotel, we might have a deluxe room with a fantastic sea view for a slightly higher amount of money.We need to know information about views, which does cross over quite a bit with information about our guestrooms.
- 7We need to know if there is on-site parking, and how much it costs. We need to know if there is internet access available, and whether it is free of charge, or if it has a price. Is it available throughout the hotel, or only in certain locations? Does the hotel have in-room dining? Does it work 24 hours, or only for a certain period of time? Also, is there laundry service? If so, if a guest sends their laundry out by nine o'clock in the morning, when will they receive it back?We also need to know information about our amenities.
- 8Especially for our sales and marketing team, we need to know what kinds of events we're able to hold, when we're able to hold them, and what kinds of materials we have either on-site or off-site through a rental company that we can use to help design the best event or conference for our guest booking.In addition, we have conference and event packages and design.
- 10What types of cuisine are they serving? When are they serving it? Is there an age restriction? Are children allowed, or are they welcome? Is there a special kid's menu? There is all kinds of information about our food and beverage outlets.For food and beverage outlets, we may have a bar, restaurant, lounge, nightclub, cafe, patisserie, or any number of food and beverage outlets that are available in our hotel.
- 12This may be as simple as very early morning coffee available in the lobby, to a choice of newspapers, or a full-scale business center. The business center may be able to scan, fax, copy, print, use the internet, or any number of business-oriented services that will be helpful for our business travelers.We also have business outlets.
- 13This does conclude today's presentation on some points to remember when you're selling your hotel. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.When we're selling our hotel, we need to keep in mind who our guests are, and then tailor the information so that it's not only accurate, but that it also addresses their needs and desires.Advertisement
Video: Understand the Basics of Promoting and Selling your Hotel to Guests
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Understand the Basics of Promoting and Selling your Hotel to Guests. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Understand_the_Basics_of_Promoting_and_Selling_your_Hotel_to_Guests
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Understand the Basics of Promoting and Selling your Hotel to Guests." VisiHow, visihow.com/Understand_the_Basics_of_Promoting_and_Selling_your_Hotel_to_Guests Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Understand the Basics of Promoting and Selling your Hotel to Guests." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Understand_the_Basics_of_Promoting_and_Selling_your_Hotel_to_Guests.
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: priya, Hotelier