Understand Hotel Guest Privacy and Security
Edited by Hotelier, Crystal, Eng
- 1 When Entering Guest Rooms
- 2 Steps
- 3 Video: Understand Hotel Guest Privacy and Security When Entering Guest Rooms
- 4 With Incognito or Private Guests
- 5 Steps
- 6 Video: Understand Hotel Guest Privacy and Security With Incognito or Private Guests
- 7 When There Is a Do Not Disturb Sign
- 8 Steps
- 9 Video: Understand Hotel Guest Privacy and Security When There Is a Do Not Disturb Sign
- 10 Comments
When Entering Guest Rooms
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. This tutorial is on hotel guest privacy and security. This part deals with staff properly following the procedure for entering a guest room.
- 1We need to do this with a pause in between. We should knock just loud enough for the guest to hear us and in a normal pitch, announce the department then pause for 10 or 15 seconds and repeat. We should do this 3 times before we begin to enter the guest room. The reason for this is because a guest may be asleep, not dressed, in the shower, running the hair dryer or otherwise unable to hear us. We want to give enough time so that any noise that's currently going on in the room may have a chance to end and then the guest may be able to hear us.To begin, as a staff member we need to make sure that we are knocking 3 times on the door and announcing our department name.Advertisement
- 2We want to make sure that we're announcing the department again as we're entering, just in case the noise that was going on in the guest room may have finally ended.If, after we've knocked and announced our department name 3 times, we believe the room is vacant and there's no privacy sign on the door, we can open the door and announce the department again.Advertisement
- 3Announce your department and let the guest know why we're in their room. We will probably surprise them if they do not hear us knocking on the door 3 times, so we do want to make sure that we inform the guest of why we're there. The guest may say, "it's not necessary" if we say "I'm housekeeping, I'm here to clean your room". They may say "come back later" with a time (half an hour, hour, etc.) or they may say "I don't want my room cleaned today".If we do run into the guest in the room, we need to greet the guest with a "good morning", "good afternoon", or "good evening" depending on the time of day.
- 5If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes the tutorial on guest privacy and security for hotel staff following the proper procedures for entering a guest room.
Video: Understand Hotel Guest Privacy and Security When Entering Guest Rooms
With Incognito or Private Guests
Hello and thank you for watching VisiHow. This tutorial is on hotel guest privacy and security for incognito guests. There are a number of types of guests that may request to be incognito either under an alias or a 'do not disturb' guest.
- 1We may or may not know the reason and we do not need to ask because it's none of our business why someone doesn't want to be contacted. For the guests safety and security, we should not let on that anyone who is incognito is staying at the hotel.They may include public figures, such as high ranking government officials, celebrities, or any other guest who does not want to be bothered with a telephone call or a message.
- 4If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes the tutorial on guest privacy and security in a hotel for incognito guests.
Video: Understand Hotel Guest Privacy and Security With Incognito or Private Guests
When There Is a Do Not Disturb Sign
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. This tutorial is on hotel guest privacy and security for do not disturb signs.
- 1On one side of a double-sided sign, it may say, "Privacy please" or "Do not disturb". On the other side of the double-sided sign, it may say, "Please clean my room". If the signs are color coded, there will be different signs for each command with the wording on them, but in different colors to make it less likely that anyone can make a mistake about what the guest is requesting.Do not disturb or privacy signs may be double sided or color coded.
- 2If a sign is hung on the door, we should respect that sign. Similarly, some hotels are using lamps by the door so that we can have a small light instead of a sign, which we can control by turning it on and off from the room. A red light may mean that we do not want to be disturbed.Any instructions left by the guest must be respected.
- 4Reception can check if the guests are checking out or if they have already left the room and checked out of the hotel, but accidentally left the do not disturb sign on the door. In this case, we can inform housekeeping that this guest has checked out. This is for do not disturb signs that are hung on rooms that are due to check out.If there is a do not disturb sign, it should be noted and the results should be reported to reception.
- 5There should always be two people to go and enter a guest room if their privacy sign has not been removed for a long time. Typically, after 2 or 3 days, if there has not been any service provided for the room, a member of the management and security team, or two managers (if we do not have a full-time security team) should absolutely go and knock on the door anyways just to check that there is no emergency.Some cases may require a safety or well-being check by management and security.
- 6If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.This concludes the tutorial on guest privacy and security in a hotel for do not disturb signs.Advertisement
Video: Understand Hotel Guest Privacy and Security When There Is a Do Not Disturb Sign
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: Crystal, Hotelier