Edited by Anusree, Eng, heavydeddy, Maria and 4 others
Questions and Answers
Unable to move videos taken in Samsung j7 to my PC?
I am not able to the see the videos taken in Samsung j7 when connected to my PC
- 1Connect your Samsung J7 to the PC.
- 2Swipe down to open the menu screen on your Samsung device.
- 3A notification will be there asking how the USB connection should be used.
- 4Even though the files are stored in Gallery. This is called PTP/MTP. PTP is the camera and MTP is the media.Select Media and not the camera.
- 5The videos will be stored in the Camera>DCIM folder within Windows Explorer.
If this does not work then you may not have the proper codec to do this. There are codec programs you can use on the PC.
How to transfer videos from computer to Samsung j7?
At the very first time I copy videos from my computer and paste in the folder "movies" in my phone, but it doesn't show on my phone.
You need to convert the video format to:
- The video format supported: H.263, H.264 (AVC), MPEG4, VP8, WMV RMVB.
- The audio format supported: MP3, AAC / AAC + / eAAC +, WMA, AMR-NB/WB, Vorbis, FLAC, WAV.
Install VLC Player for Android and you should not have to convert the files as the media player will do it for you. Or you can convert the videos yourself but may lose quality or audio. I have used the free trial of Pavtube Video Converter and it did the job perfectly for what I was working for. If you plan on doing this all the time then you will want to pay for the program. The J7 does not support many video formats that other Galaxy phones do.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: Hi, when I transfer movies, videos, from my Galaxy S4 to a Windows desktop, the sound never plays
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: Kushal, Alma, yadutoshu