Turn on Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S5 and Share Your Phone's Screen to the TV or Laptop
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Anonymous, dmoney, Dougie and 21 others
The Samsung Galaxy S5 boasts one of the most powerful processors available, a 16-mexapixel camera and tons of special features to help you maintain your health and fitness goals. You can find all our tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 1 Benefits of Screen Mirroring
- 2 Things You'll Need
- 3 How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a TV Using AllShare Cast
- 4 How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a TV Using HomeSync
- 5 How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a Samsung Smart TV
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 I cannot start mirroring my Galaxy S5 to my Samsung LED smart TV UAES6220R as the?
- 6.2 This article does not explain how to mirror my Samsung s 5 to my Laptop…just tis?
- 6.3 Can't connect Galaxy S5 with AllCast device?
- 6.4 Screen mirroring Galaxy S5 to Laptop?
- 6.5 Galaxy S5 screen mirroring was working now it is not working?
- 6.6 I have two issues with the MS wireless display adapter. it works fine with the MS 8.1 laptop until the laptop changes modes, log in at this point and then have to reconnect. The other issue is I cannot get the Samsung S5 to connect using the S5 mirror app
- 6.7 How do I watch Samsung S5 on Sony Bravia TV?
- 6.8 Can the screen sharing be done without the accessories?
- 6.9 I do not have an input button on my smart TV remote?
- 6.10 I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone to my Vizio HD TV. With HDMI cord?
- 6.11 I failed to get a pin request after I tap on the dongle. It simply fails to connect?
- 6.12 Why can't I "share" [on WiFi-direct] a PDF book from Adobe Reader app on my Galaxy S5?
- 6.13 Show picture of screen mirroring icon?
- 6.14 Will I be able to view movies from my phone to my TV?
- 6.15 My TV is not showing my phone screen, although we are connected?
- 6.16 How does AIRPIN Pro and Screen share work?
- 7 Comments
Benefits of Screen Mirroring
Screen Mirroring allows you to project your Samsung Galaxy S5's display onto larger displays, such as televisions or computer monitors. You can enable Screen Mirroring by connecting an All-Share Cast dongle, HomeSync or Miracast device to your display. Once your Galaxy S5's screen has been mirrored, you can enjoy the multimedia files, games and other content on your phone on a nice, big display.
Things You'll Need
Depending on which method you use, you'll need to acquire and set up the corresponding external accessory:
- 1All-Share Cast Wireless Hub - Allows you to mirror your Galaxy S5's screen directly to your HDTV.Buy the All-Share Cast Wireless Hub on Samsung's official site.Advertisement
- 2HomeSync - Allows you to stream your Samsung Galaxy S5's home screen to your TV.This device also allows you to store your multimedia files on a large capacity home cloud. Buy a HomeSync device on Samsung's official site.Advertisement
- 3Miracast - Acts as a receiving device for streams from your phone, simultaneously decoding them for your TV or other supported display.See listings of Miracast receivers on Amazon.
- 4HDMI Cable - Transmits high-definition media data from a mobile device to a receiving display such as an HDTV.Buy an HDMI cable on Samsung's official site.
How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a TV Using AllShare Cast
Follow these steps to mirror your Samsung Galaxy S5 display to your TV screen:
- 1Turn on your television.Make sure your television is powered on before performing any of the other steps to mirror your Galaxy S5 screen.Advertisement
- 2Connect the charger to the power socket of the All-Share Cast device.Some models have a built-in battery or draw power from your television set, allowing use without requiring an external power source. However, to prevent any problems during the connection, make sure the charger is connected to the All-Share Cast device.
- 4If the input source is not already set properly, adjust it to match the port being used by the HDMI cable.Once done, wait for the status indicator of the All-Share Cast to turn red. If it does not turn red after a few seconds, turn both of your devices off and repeat steps 1 - 4.
- 5When the All-Share Cast device's status indicator blinks red, press the "Reset" button.Wait for the status indicator to blink blue. This indicates that the devices are now connected.
- 6You have successfully connected your All-Share Cast device and your HDTV.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 4You phone will now list all the detected nearby devices.One of them should be the AllShare cast dongle.
- 5Select the AllShare Cast's dongle name and enter the PIN as showed on your TV's screen.Samsung Galaxy S5's device name will then be displayed on the screen, indicating that the connection is successful.
- 6Screen mirroring from your Samsung Galaxy S5 is now complete.You can now open or play any file, and anything shown on your phone will also display on your TV. You can control the display on your TV using the keys on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a TV Using HomeSync
To do screen mirroring from your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your TV using Home Sync, follow these procedures.
- 1Turn on your television.This is very basic, but some people may forget this very simple step. Make sure that your TV is powered on before attempting to use it for screen mirroring.
- 2Connect the charger to the power socket of the Home Sync.Some models have a built-in battery on it so they work without power or are minimized so that they take power from the TV. However, to prevent any problems during the connection, see to it that the charger is connected to the HomeSync device.
- 3Using an HDMI cable, connect your TV to your HomeSync device.
- 4Wait for the connection to be established.
- 7From the list of applications on your phone, tap on "HomeSync" to open the application.If you do not have the application on your device yet, [https//play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.homesync download HomeSync from the Play Store].
- 8From the Home Sync application, tap on the "Menu" key (lower-left soft key) to view available options, tap on "Screen Mirroring" to initiate screen mirroring on your devices.
- 9The screen of your Samsung Galaxy S5 will now be displayed on your TV's screen.
- 10You have successfully enabled screen mirroring from your Samsung Galaxy S5 using HomeSync.
How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a Samsung Smart TV
Using the Smart TV, you can cast your Samsung Galaxy S5's screen directly
- 1On your Smart TV's remote, press the "Input" button or "Source".
- 2On your Smart TV's screen, select "Screen Mirroring".
- 5From the Quick Settings Panel, tap on the "Screen Mirroring" icon to enable screen mirroring on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- The Screen Mirroring icon should be colored green. A green icon means that the feature is turned on; a grey icon means that the feature is turned off.
- 6Your phone will now list all the detected nearby devices.One of them should be your Smart TV.
- 7The screen of your Samsung Galaxy S5 will now be displayed on your TV's screen.
- 8You have successfully enabled screen mirroring from your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your Smart TV.
Questions and Answers
I cannot start mirroring my Galaxy S5 to my Samsung LED smart TV UAES6220R as the?
Mirroring is absent in the menu of my TV.
If you are using the Allcast method to connect your phone to your TV, mirroring will not be an option as all it has are apps that you can stream from phone to TV. If you want full mirroring feature, you will need to purchase a MHL to HDMI adapter for your phone. This will give you full mirroring from the phone to your TV screen. Check out the adapter here:
See more questions like this: How do I connect my Samsung Galaxy S5 to my Samsung LED65 Smart TV
This article does not explain how to mirror my Samsung s 5 to my Laptop…just tis?
How do I mirror the screen of my Samsung s 5 to my Laptop so that users on webex etc. can see what I am doing on my Samsung s 5 screen. this article says it does, but I do not read it anywhere?
The screen mirror process would be the same as when you do it when you share your S5 to your Laptop to control it from there. The only difference is that when you use Webex, you would have to share your screen and what the other people would see would be whatever is on your screen. Therefore, as you control your S5 on your screen, you would be able to show that on Webex when you enable the share screen function.
See more questions like this: I want to mirror my phone to my laptop via miracast
Can't connect Galaxy S5 with AllCast device?
It begins the connection, then It switches off screen mirroring and gives me a message "screen mirroring has been switched off"
This happened after the Lollipop update. Frustratingly there are a few solutions you have to try one at a time:
- 1Within your TV settings, see if there is an available update for your TV.
- 2When connecting to your TV, hold down on the named TV screen mirroring link on your phone during connection.A pin will appear and put that in to connect again.
- 3Turn off your WiFi on your phone until you begin the connection pairing sequence with the TV.Then find the WiFi connection and pair again.
- 4Install the Screen Mirroring Patch for Samsung Devices and AllShare cast.
- 5Put your phone into Recovery Mode and select Wipe Cache Partition.You will not lose data.
So try these solutions and see which one resolved your AllShare issue.
Screen mirroring Galaxy S5 to Laptop?
Help, I want to ask how do I screen mirror my Galaxy S5 to my Windows 8 Laptop if possible?
Yes, you can mirror your S5's screen on your Windows 8 Laptop. In fact, it's pretty easy to do! Just follow these steps:
- Visit this web page and download and install Samsung SideSync to your Windows 8 Laptop.
- Next, download the SideSync app from the Google Play Store and install it to your S5.
- Once the app is installed to both your Laptop and your mobile device, connect your S5 to your Laptop either by USB or WiFi. SideSync should automatically start.
- Select the mode you would like to run and enjoy accessing your phone right on your Laptop!
See more questions like this: Cheap way to project Samsung Galaxy S5 onto TV screen
Galaxy S5 screen mirroring was working now it is not working?
I tested the Galaxy S5 screen mirroring on an smart TV and it worked, then the next day it stopped working. Any clues?
You probably received the firmware update. Put your phone into Recovery and choose Wipe Cache Partition. In an above answer on this page there are several solutions for the problem you have stated. Try them one at a time starting with Wipe Cache Partition and installing the screen mirror patch from Google Play.
I have two issues with the MS wireless display adapter. it works fine with the MS 8.1 laptop until the laptop changes modes, log in at this point and then have to reconnect. The other issue is I cannot get the Samsung S5 to connect using the S5 mirror app
Staying connected to the laptop when the laptop goes into login and cannot connect S5 to the MS wireless display adapter.
You need to update the firmware for the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. For some reason, only 1 out of 10 Samsung devices connect properly to the MSWDA. With the firmware upgrade they claim to resolve this. What happened was Samsung pushed out a firmware update and all of a sudden no one could connect to the MSWDA. Microsoft scrambled and sent out a firmware update into the Windows Store to aid in connection issues.
See more questions like this: How can I use it on my PC or TV, without the All-Share dongle
How do I watch Samsung S5 on Sony Bravia TV?
I bought the HDMI and Samsung connector - plugged into HDMI port etc nothing - looked up why on internet - said I needed to download WatchOn which I did it worked for a while - now the app says no longer in service. What else can I do to be able to watch my Samsung screen on my TV
Is your Sony Bravia WiFi enabled? Because if so, you can use the WiFi Direct app from within the TV and Samsung SideSync, Tubio, Sony's Smart Connect, or a variety of other screen mirroring apps. Makes sure to update your phone with the Samsung Patch posted in an above answer.
See more questions like this: How to share on my S5 on to my Samsung TV
Can the screen sharing be done without the accessories?
I have a WatchESPN app running on my Samsung S5 and want to view that screen on my Samsung Smart TV
Unfortunately, there is no way to share your screen to the TV without using any accessories. However, if you're not interested in buying an AllShare cast dongle and paying about $200, there are cheaper ways to mirror your Samsung device screen. By using an Adapter like the HDMI EPL 3FHU, which is about $30, you can share your screen on the TV. Follow the steps below to learn how to use this adapter:
- 1You can purchase the HDMI EPL 3FHU adapter from many electronics stores, or purchase it directly from Amazon.
- 4Now plug the converter end of the adapter into the USB port of your Samsung device.
- 5On your TV HDMI selection you should see your phone screen.If not, select a different HDMI port.
- 6Enjoy screen-sharing mode with your new HDMI EPL 3FHU Adapter.*Note make sure your TV is MHL compatible and your phone supports MHL.
If you have any additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section.
I do not have an input button on my smart TV
This depends on the TV brand you purchased. Some have the input menu on Channel 2 and you toggle down and select. Others have it within the Settings menu on the TV. For some remotes, you push the DVD button to toggle between inputs. Others say HDMI and not input. Then there are the TV's that display the input on the screen once you connect a device into the ports of the TV.
See more questions like this: How do I get videos on my phone to play on my TV
I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone to my Vizio HD TV. With HDMI cord?
I have a Universal MHL Adapter from AUVIO. Have tried the 2 different ports and I am not connecting. It isn't a smart TV
Here are a few solutions. Try them one at a time:
- 1Put your phone into Flight Mode and then connect to the TV.
- 2Make sure your HDMI cord is working by connecting a different device.
- 3Connect the HDMI and the MHL is connected and then connect the phone.
- 4Check to see if you are on the right input.
- 5Plug in the power cord the the MHL adapter.
See more questions like this: How do I screen mirror my Samsung Galaxy S5
I failed to get a pin request after I tap on the dongle. It simply fails to connect?
I went through all the steps getting as far as finding the dongle. After tapping it, it tries to connect but does not complete. One thing that concerns me is some setup screens online show the AllShare Cast. I do not see that
What device are you using? Can you try a different screen mirroring app and connecting that way? Is your TV a Smart TV and has it's own connections such as WiFi Direct? Wipe your Cache Partition if the phone is not connecting. Also the dongle will need a power source and be connected to the TV via HDMI before your AllShare Cast will open.
I am no able to connect to my SmartTV UN32EH3500 from my Galaxy S5. I keep getting a sending failed" [and under it] "file sharing not available". Both the TV and phone seem to be connected. So why can't I connect wirelessly?
Smart TV's are not set up for filesharing documents. You could try to download an Ereader from Google Play in the TV or use a medium like a Chromecast dongle or Amazon FireStick to read PDF's on your TV.
See more questions like this: I want to disable screen mirroring on my S5 but it won't stay off
Show picture of screen mirroring icon?
I am on easy mode, ridiculous, easy question! too short
This YouTube Tutorial shows you where to locate the Screen Mirroring on a Samsung device. You can also see the symbols here from Samsung's website. The screen mirror icon is a box with an a )) in the left side of the box.
Will I be able to view movies from my phone to my TV?
I do not have an HDMI cord, but I have a USB cord will that work?
You will need a MHL dongle along with the USB cord and an HDMI cord. You can't just plug in your phone to the TV like you do the PC to stream movies. Read the main VisiHow article on this page along with the VisiHow article Connect your android device to your TV using an HDMI cable. You can purchase a dongle on the internet but make sure it is compatible with your phone before you purchase. Amazon and Ebay are good internet sites to get these from. If the manufacturer of your phone makes a dongle it is even better.
My TV is not showing my phone screen, although we are connected?
I am connecting my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone with my Smart Samsung DVD player that both have screen mirroring. My friends phone works right away, just not mine. Wondering if my phone needs to have certain settings on.
- 1Locate the AllShare Cast on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 2Turn on your Smart Samsung DVD player.
- 3Press the D button on your DVD player Remote to put the box into Screen Mirroring Mode.
- 4Locate your Screen Mirroring function in Settings on your S5 and begin the search for the player.
- 5Click Connect once you find the player in the menu of available connections.
- 6Wait 10-30 seconds for the pairing sequence to be established.
- 7You should now be able to screen mirror.Advertisement
Perhaps your friend set his up initially or it was in screen mirror mode directly out of the box. If you have a higher OS system than him, you might need to install the Screen Mirror Patch listed in an above answer.
See more questions like this: Which phone is best for screen mirroring with my Samsung LCD
I have a smartphone (Samsung note) and an Android TV box (Xtremer multi-console), I installed an app named screen share on both devices to mirror screens and it works perfect no buffering at all. but the Xtremer console (TV box) has a built-in app named AirPin Pro and it cannot mirror the same way the Screen share app does. The connection from Airpin is too slow but has more features. Am I missing something here? The AirPin Pro was one of the first screen mirroring applications out there. First, see if there is an update for the app within your Xtremer console settings. Then try to use the connections with AllShare Cast or Samsung Beam. You will want to be on the same WiFi network for this to work properly. It really works better with an iPhone to pair to an Android box which is why it is still on Android box consoles.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng Test, Shelley Branch, Shelley