Turn on Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Share Your Phone's Screen to the TV
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 11 others
- 1 How to Mirror the Screen on your Galaxy S3
- 2 How to Mirror you S3 Screen Without a Samsung TV
- 3 Tips and Suggestions for S3 Screen Mirroring
- 4 Questions and Answers on Mirroring the Galaxy S3
- 4.1 New update does not have the "AllShare Cast" button on the Notification bar. What should I do?
- 4.2 Can I share my S3 Screen using chromecase and mirroring?
- 4.3 Screen mirroring issue on my Galaxy S3?
- 4.4 What is screen mirroring. and what are the features that could be done after sharing my phone to TV screen, ? can we access mobile on TV.. ? what else?
- 4.5 Hi how can I share screen mirroring with PC?
- 4.6 Hi Thanks, My question is is there a way to mirror the smart phone's (say Galaxy S4) to any big screen like Laptop screen. I know it is possible with a TV using the MIRACAST but my requirement is to mirror on any Laptop screen?
- 4.7 How do I set this up with my phone and computer?
- 4.8 I need to do screen mirroring with my Dell i5?
- 4.9 My Samsung Galaxy 3 says can't connect because of a hardware issue?
- 4.10 In the step: "The device will automatically look for available devices. " What if it doesn't pick up any devices?
- 4.11 I want to mirror with an USB connection, is that possible?
- 4.12 How to project Galaxy 3 screen to Galaxy tab 3, I am having trouble to do this?
- 4.13 I want to use USB cable to mirror my device to a larger screen
- 4.14 What if the device is not being detected?
- 4.15 How do you control it from timing out?
- 4.16 Hi Ghemgc, I was just curious when my phone, S4, decided to update the allcast dongle and asked if I wish to turn on screen mirror. I don't have a dongle but I do have a Samsung Smart TV. Anyway, I turned on the TV and it scanned but never found any devices so I assume my TV is a little too old. Thanks for being so considerate in any case?
- 4.17 Samsung G3 screen dead, help getting SMS off it?
- 5 Comments
How to Mirror the Screen on your Galaxy S3
Screen mirroring lets you share everything - not that you'd always want to.
One of the really cool things you can do with your Galaxy S3 is mirroring the screen to your television. While this obviously lets you watch movies or stream NetFlix, it will also allow you to play your HD games on a big screen, or view your photos. All you need is your phone, and a wireless capable Samsung Smart TV, 2012 model or later. I don't have one, don't worry, we'll show you another method in the second section of this guide. Here's how to set it up with a Samsung Smart TV.
- 1Make sure your Samsung Smart TV and your Samsung Galaxy S3 are both powered on.Advertisement
How to Mirror you S3 Screen Without a Samsung TV
You don't need a Samsung TV to connect.
If you don't have a Samsung Smart TV, or a wireless capable TV, there are a number of things you can do to work around that. However, to do them, you'll want to have some specific hardware. Here are the methods we recommend:
- 1To connect with the Samsung AllShare Hub, purchase the component, install it, and follow the steps provided earlier in this guide.Advertisement
- 2To try other methods of connecting, or to view a more comprehensive guide on the topic, reference our guide on wireless screen mirroring.Advertisement
Tips and Suggestions for S3 Screen Mirroring
- If your television is not wireless enabled, you can purchase a wireless adapter online, or in any local electronics shop. We recommend purchasing the Netgear PTV3000 to connect your devices.
- For a list of supported Samsung TVs, visit Samsung's listing of TVs, and filter the list to only show Smart TVs.
Questions and Answers on Mirroring the Galaxy S3
The latest update of Galaxy S3's firmware has the "AllShare Cast" button replaced by the "Screen Mirroring" button. This is only a change in the application name. The same icons, functions and procedures apply when enabling Screen Mirroring.
Also check your apps menu so that you can locate AllShare and place it on your home screen for future easy use.
Have you tried pressing the back button simultaneously to see if there is a pop-up option in which you can choose regarding of screen mirroring?If not, try it first. If it does not work then you can try uninstalling the application and installing the old version and don't update it.
You can try to find it through the settings menu
1. From home screen go to menu
2. Go to settings
3. Wireless and Networks, may need to select more settings
4. Now select AllShare Cast
Also depending on your device try this way
1. Touch Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Select Connections
4. Now select Screen Mirroring and move the slider to on position
I have S3, HDMI TV input & Chromecast
Yes, you can download Chromecast from the Google Play store so that you can in fact share your device with your television if you have the Chromecast software for your TV. This will allow you to share without having to connect any cables or chords.
No, you will not be able to mirror your Android device using the Chromecast adapter. What you can do is stream from a built in set of apps, like Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu Plus, etc. You can see the entire list of apps available for casting here:
See more questions like this: How to share my Galaxy S3 screen with my Laptop
Screen mirroring issue on my Galaxy S3?
I have Samsung Galaxy S3. I have screen mirroring AllShare cast dongle. I know the problem come after I make root to my device and before I found a solution with reset flash counter and it was working but this time after I install the software again for GS3 Android version 4.2.2 the screen mirroring work then I reset flash counter but the problem stay. it say always that there is hardware issue and it disconnect
In your situation I will recommend that you stop using the flash counter for this is causing an issue with the workings of your device. After you root your device do your best to not use or do any toggling with your flash counter in order for you to be able to use the mirroring feature flawlessly.
I see that in your description that you have rooted your device, after your root you have in fact performed a software upgrade on your device. The solution for your device to use the mirroring successfully will be for you to perform the root process once more so that it will be compatible with your new Android OS version.
What is screen mirroring. and what are the features that could be done after sharing my phone to TV screen, ? can we access mobile on TV.. ? what else?
What is screen mirroring. and what are the features that could be done after sharing my phone to TV screen, ? can we access mobile on TV.. ? what else
Screen mirroring will allow a secondary device to mirror your screen on your mobile device. Anything that is done on your mobile device will project on the secondary screen or TV that you are using or doing the mirroring on at the current time.
I am using S3 how can I connect to PC by using screen mirroring
Using your HDMI chord from your phone to your computer will allow you to mirror your phones image onto the computer. Also the software AllShare can be downloaded for use to connect your device to your computer wirelessly.
1. Ensure all devices are connected to the same wireless network
2. Go to your notification bar, and select AllShare Cast
3. If there is an applicable smart TV connected to the network, it will be detected and connect
4. Once it has successfully connected it should show on the television
Alternatively you can try this method
1. From home screen select menu
2. Select AllShare Play
3. From list select media you wish to share
4. Once media type is selected you should be able to select the device to share with
Hi Thanks, My question is is there a way to mirror the smart phone's (say Galaxy S4) to any big screen like Laptop screen. I know it is possible with a TV using the MIRACAST but my requirement is to mirror on any Laptop screen?
In our office we often have the limitation on web pages due to various reasons, I guess it will be much helpful if we have this feature.
Depending on your computer you can use the software AllShare in order to mirror your device onto your computer screen or you can hook up your phone to the computer using a HDMI chord. In this section it would be helpful if you could tell me the model of your TV so that I can help you in regards to performing this mirroring affect.
See more questions like this: I want to see my phone's screen on my HP laptop
How do I set this up with my phone and computer?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a new Dell Laptop.
Please refer to the above question and advice so that you can find the solution to your issue at hand.
In order to use screen mirroring on your computer, you will need to purchase the AllShare Cast Dongle. It can be found for relatively cheap on Amazon or other various retailers. The only requirement is that your computer has an HDMI port, which most new computers will. Once the AllShare dongle is connected to the computer and powered on it will show as an available device in the menu on your phone.
In order to reach this option follow these steps.
1. From home screen go to the menu
2. Next go to settings option, may need to select "More settings" as well after the first menu
3. Next go to Wireless and Networks
4. Select AllShare Cast
5. The phone will scan for available devices
6. Now the AllShare Cast Dongle should be available, select it and you should be able to see the screen.
I need to do screen mirroring with my Dell i5?
I need to carry out screen mirroring with my Dell i5
You can do so as you would with other devices. In case your computer does not recognize the mirroring, restart. Also, avoid plugging your Samsung before rebooting, as that often causes your computer not to recognize your device.
See more questions like this: Please help me do screen mirroring f my S3 with Dell i5
My Samsung Galaxy 3 says can't connect because of a hardware issue?
This is when I AllShare - pin accepted but the share won't start because hardware issue
If it says hardware issue, you would need to go back to your phone seller and have it checked. It may also refer to the problem with the hardware that you use for connection. Hardware pertains to the problem with the device, either with your TV or your phone. It most often happens that it's the TV that has some problem.
You should try trouble shooting the hardware, or the connection between your computer and TV. Then, try to update the current version of your application. Can you add some more details about the hardware you are encountering?
A hardware issue can range from damage being doe to the external or internal parts of your device. Try to uninstall AllShare from your device and restart the whole process.
If your TV is not a Samsung smart TV, then it is possible that the phone will not detect the TV. Even if it does detect it, it may not transfer properly. In order to ensure the screen mirroring will transfer properly you will need to purchase the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub. Just hook it up to the TV's HDMI input. This hub will act as an antenna to transfer the wireless video to the TV. Just simply plug it in and power it on. Your phone should now detect the TV as an available device and transfer properly.
See more questions like this: My S3 can't detect my Samsung Smart TV, why
In the step: "The device will automatically look for available devices. " What if it doesn't pick up any devices?
In the step: "The device will automatically look for available devices. " What if it doesn't pick up any devices?
If your device does not pick up any type of devices in the area then this means that you will need to make the other device available. Simply cut on all types of available signals on the device so that you will be able to catch the other devices in the area to connect.
It won't pick it up because of the following;
- phone and TV are too far away from each other
- TV is not compatible
- TV feature is not turned on
Make sure you are within the other device. Sometimes, the phone has a hard time detecting the device because it is far from it. You may also have to enable mirroring on your TV so that the phone can detect it.
I want to mirror with an USB connection, is that possible?
In the step: "Depending on your computer you can use the software AllShare in order to mirror your device onto your computer screen or you can hook up your phone to the computer using a HDMI chord. In this section it would be helpful if you could tell me the model of your TV so that I can help you in regards to performing this mirroring affect." I want to mirror with an USB connection
You can use the Micro HDMI chord in order for you to be able to project your screen onto your television. Also it will depend on the TV that you are using for it is not available for all televisions to perform this action successfully.
Unfortunately, there is no way to mirror through a USB connection. You can only mirror the device wirelessly to a smart TV, or through the AllShare Cast Hub connected through HDMI cable to your computer or TV.
How to project Galaxy 3 screen to Galaxy tab 3, I am having trouble to do this?
See above, how to project from the phone to the Tablet
There currently is not a way that you can perform this action that you asking about, this section is based on the projecting of your device onto a TV screen rather than a Tablet.
Unfortunately, mirroring an Android device screen to another Android device is not yet possible. There is no application or device developed yet that could do this.
I want to use USB cable to mirror my device to a larger screen
Unfortunately, using USB cable will not be of help to mirror the phone content on screen to your bigger screen. An alternate way is by using an MHL cable that you can purchase separately or if it has in the package when you bought it.
This MHL to HDMI can help you mirror your Android Screen content to larger screen. This is a converter only which you need to let the Android device connects to the TV using the MHL to HDMI. To calibrate yourself, you may check this link Connect_Galaxy_Tab_3_8"_That_Comes_with_Mhl_Cable_with_the_TV_Using_the_Hdmi_Port
Although that Article pertains to Galaxy Tab 3, it can work to an Samsung Galaxy S3 and higher Samsung Galaxy Models in the market.
See more questions like this: Want to know Samsung mobile models having screen mirroring facility
What if the device is not being detected?
If the phone is not being detected when you scan for available share from phone to TV. You can simply power cycle the television or the phone itself. Once you power cycle the whole devices, power them back and do the same steps on how you tried to sync the phone with all share. Make sure also that the devices are connected to the same router or WiFi internet at home to easily connect them to all share or pushing the images to mirror on your big screen.
Normally, restarting your devices can help you refresh the system and connections as well.
See more questions like this: What is a Samsung S3 HDMI cord
How do you control it from timing out?
Work's for about three minutes then shuts down? Galaxy 3
I believe that you are referring to the screen timeout option which is on your device. You can change up the timeout by performing the following steps below:
1. Go to your settings
2. Underneath the my device tab tap on display
3. Tap on screen timeout
4. Choose the selection that best fits your time so that you will be able to adjust this timing
Here below is a video you can refer to about this matter:
Hi Ghemgc, I was just curious when my phone, S4, decided to update the allcast dongle and asked if I wish to turn on screen mirror. I don't have a dongle but I do have a Samsung Smart TV. Anyway, I turned on the TV and it scanned but never found any devices so I assume my TV is a little too old. Thanks for being so considerate in any case?
Sharecast Dongle - Galaxy S4 - Samsung Smart TV but several years old - tried turning set on and scanning but phone didn't find device so I figure the TV is a little dated. I have Chromecast and it works fine. I guess I'd have to buy a dongle if I wanted to mirror to TV?
It is possible that your TV does not have the said feature because you have said that it is a bit outdated. You could try and buy a dongle for it but ask them if it is compatible for your TV and phone before buying it.
Samsung G3 screen dead, help getting SMS off it?
Hi, I dropped my phone today and the screen is dead. Wondering if there is any way to get the SMS of it. I have it plugged into the PC, and have backed everything up using Kies, but the SMS are saved in an .sme file that I can't open. Other software won't work without debugging enabled, or installing an app on the phone, which I obviously can't do. Next resort is sharing the phone's screen with the PC via USB - possible?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: vc, Dougie-1, Grimm