Turn on Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Share Your Phone's Screen to the TV
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Eng, Leomar Umpad and 11 others
One of the really cool things you can do with your Galaxy S3 is mirroring the screen to your television. While this obviously lets you watch movies or stream NetFlix, it will also allow you to play your HD games on a big screen, or view your photos. All you need is your phone, and a wireless capable Samsung Smart TV, 2012 model or later. I don't have one, don't worry, we'll show you another method in the second section of this guide. Here's how to set it up with a Samsung Smart TV.
- 1 How to Mirror the Screen on your Galaxy S3 (Lollipop)
- 2 How to Mirror the Screen on your Galaxy S3 (Marshmallow)
- 3 How to Mirror the Screen on your Galaxy S3 (Jelly Bean/Kitkat)
- 4 How to Mirror your S3 Screen Without a Samsung TV (Jelly Bean/Kitkat)
- 5 Tips and Suggestions for S3 Screen Mirroring
6 Questions and Answers on Mirroring the Galaxy S3
- 6.1 New update does not have the "AllShare Cast" button on the Notification bar. What should I do?
- 6.2 What is screen mirroring. and what are the features that could be done after sharing my phone to TV screen, ? can we access mobile on TV.. ? what else?
- 6.3 Hi how can I share screen mirroring with PC?
- 6.4 Hi Thanks, My question is is there a way to mirror the smart phone's (say Galaxy S4) to any big screen like Laptop screen. I know it is possible with a TV using the MIRACAST but my requirement is to mirror on any Laptop screen?
- 6.5 How do I set this up with my phone and computer?
- 6.6 I want to use USB cable to mirror my device to a larger screen
- 6.7 What if the device is not being detected?
- 6.8 How do you control it from timing out?
- 6.9 Hi Ghemgc, I was just curious when my phone, S4, decided to update the allcast dongle and asked if I wish to turn on screen mirror. I don't have a dongle but I do have a Samsung Smart TV. Anyway, I turned on the TV and it scanned but never found any devices so I assume my TV is a little too old. Thanks for being so considerate in any case?
- 6.10 Samsung G3 screen dead, help getting SMS off it?
- 7 Comments
How to Mirror the Screen on your Galaxy S3 (Lollipop)
Make sure your TV, laptop, or whatever device you'll be mirroring with, is powered on.
How to Mirror the Screen on your Galaxy S3 (Marshmallow)
Be sure to power on the device you'll be mirroring your S3's screen with first.
How to Mirror the Screen on your Galaxy S3 (Jelly Bean/Kitkat)
- 1Make sure your Samsung Smart TV and your Samsung Galaxy S3 are both powered on.Advertisement
How to Mirror your S3 Screen Without a Samsung TV (Jelly Bean/Kitkat)
You don't need a Samsung TV to connect.
If you don't have a Samsung Smart TV, or a wireless capable TV, there are a number of things you can do to work around that. However, to do them, you'll want to have some specific hardware. Here are the methods we recommend:
- 1To connect with the Samsung AllShare Hub, purchase the component, install it, and follow the steps provided earlier in this guide.
- 2To try other methods of connecting, or to view a more comprehensive guide on the topic, reference our guide on wireless screen mirroring.Advertisement
Tips and Suggestions for S3 Screen Mirroring
- If your television is not wireless enabled, you can purchase a wireless adapter online, or in any local electronics shop. We recommend purchasing the Netgear PTV3000 to connect your devices.
- For a list of supported Samsung TVs, visit Samsung's listing of TVs, and filter the list to only show Smart TVs.
Questions and Answers on Mirroring the Galaxy S3
The latest update of Galaxy S3's firmware has the "AllShare Cast" button replaced by the "Screen Mirroring" button. This is only a change in the application name. The same icons, functions and procedures apply when enabling Screen Mirroring.
Also check your apps menu so that you can locate AllShare and place it on your home screen for future easy use.
Have you tried pressing the back button simultaneously to see if there is a pop-up option in which you can choose regarding of screen mirroring?If not, try it first. If it does not work then you can try uninstalling the application and installing the old version and don't update it.
You can try to find it through the settings menu
1. From home screen go to menu
2. Go to settings
3. Wireless and Networks, may need to select more settings
4. Now select AllShare Cast
Also depending on your device try this way
1. Touch Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Select Connections
4. Now select Screen Mirroring and move the slider to on position
See more questions like this: My S3 touchscreen won't work although the back, menu and central buttons, volume control, etc. do. I opened it up and reattached the piece in the bottom left corner as I was told to, but it still won't work. Any ideas? Can I mirror the screen on my laptop
What is screen mirroring. and what are the features that could be done after sharing my phone to TV screen, ? can we access mobile on TV.. ? what else?
What is screen mirroring. and what are the features that could be done after sharing my phone to TV screen, ? can we access mobile on TV.. ? what else
Screen mirroring will allow a secondary device to mirror your screen on your mobile device. Anything that is done on your mobile device will project on the secondary screen or TV that you are using or doing the mirroring on at the current time.
See more questions like this: Is about screen mirroring in Samsung Galaxy j7 (2016)?
I am using S3 how can I connect to PC by using screen mirroring
Using your HDMI chord from your phone to your computer will allow you to mirror your phones image onto the computer. Also the software AllShare can be downloaded for use to connect your device to your computer wirelessly.
1. Ensure all devices are connected to the same wireless network
2. Go to your notification bar, and select AllShare Cast
3. If there is an applicable smart TV connected to the network, it will be detected and connect
4. Once it has successfully connected it should show on the television
Alternatively you can try this method
1. From home screen select menu
2. Select AllShare Play
3. From list select media you wish to share
4. Once media type is selected you should be able to select the device to share with
Hi Thanks, My question is is there a way to mirror the smart phone's (say Galaxy S4) to any big screen like Laptop screen. I know it is possible with a TV using the MIRACAST but my requirement is to mirror on any Laptop screen?
In our office we often have the limitation on web pages due to various reasons, I guess it will be much helpful if we have this feature.
Depending on your computer you can use the software AllShare in order to mirror your device onto your computer screen or you can hook up your phone to the computer using a HDMI chord. In this section it would be helpful if you could tell me the model of your TV so that I can help you in regards to performing this mirroring affect.
See more questions like this: What are the step by step instructions I have to follow in order to mirror my GS3 screen to my TV
How do I set this up with my phone and computer?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a new Dell Laptop.
Please refer to the above question and advice so that you can find the solution to your issue at hand.
To use screen mirroring on your computer, you will need to purchase the AllShare Cast Dongle. It can be found for relatively cheap on Amazon or at other various retailers. The only requirement is that your computer has an HDMI port, which most new computers do. Once the AllShare dongle is connected to the computer and powered on, it will show as an available device in the menu on your phone.
To reach this option follow these steps.
1. From home screen go to the menu
2. Next, go to settings option, may need to select "More settings" as well after the first menu.
3. Next, go to Wireless and Networks.
4. Select AllShare Cast.
5. The phone will scan for available devices.
6. Now the AllShare Cast Dongle should be available, select it and you should be able to see the screen.===My Samsung Galaxy 3 says can't connect because of a hardware issue?=== This is when I AllShare - pin accepted but the share won't start because hardware issue
If it says hardware issue, you would need to go back to your phone seller and have it checked. It may also refer to the problem with the hardware that you use for connection. Hardware pertains to the problem with the device, either with your TV or your phone. It most often happens that it's the TV that has some problem.
You should try trouble shooting the hardware, or the connection between your computer and TV. Then, try to update the current version of your application. Can you add some more details about the hardware you are encountering?
A hardware issue can range from damage being doe to the external or internal parts of your device. Try to uninstall AllShare from your device and restart the whole process.
If your TV is not a Samsung smart TV, then it is possible that the phone will not detect the TV. Even if it does detect it, it may not transfer properly. In order to ensure the screen mirroring will transfer properly you will need to purchase the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub. Just hook it up to the TV's HDMI input. This hub will act as an antenna to transfer the wireless video to the TV. Just simply plug it in and power it on. Your phone should now detect the TV as an available device and transfer properly.
I want to use USB cable to mirror my device to a larger screen
Unfortunately, using USB cable will not be of help to mirror the phone content on screen to your bigger screen. An alternate way is by using an MHL cable that you can purchase separately or if it has in the package when you bought it.
This MHL to HDMI can help you mirror your Android Screen content to larger screen. This is a converter only which you need to let the Android device connects to the TV using the MHL to HDMI. To calibrate yourself, you may check this link Connect Galaxy Tab 3 8" That Comes with Mhl Cable with the TV Using the Hdmi Port
Although that Article pertains to Galaxy Tab 3, it can work to an Samsung Galaxy S3 and higher Samsung Galaxy Models in the market.
See more questions like this: Want to know Samsung mobile models having screen mirroring facility
What if the device is not being detected?
If the phone is not being detected when you scan for available share from phone to TV. You can simply power cycle the television or the phone itself. Once you power cycle the whole devices, power them back and do the same steps on how you tried to sync the phone with all share. Make sure also that the devices are connected to the same router or WiFi internet at home to easily connect them to all share or pushing the images to mirror on your big screen.
Normally, restarting your devices can help you refresh the system and connections as well.
How do you control it from timing out?
Work's for about three minutes then shuts down? Galaxy 3
I believe that you are referring to the screen timeout option which is on your device. You can change up the timeout by performing the following steps below:
1. Go to your settings
2. Underneath the my device tab tap on display
3. Tap on screen timeout
4. Choose the selection that best fits your time so that you will be able to adjust this timing
Here below is a video you can refer to about this matter:
Hi Ghemgc, I was just curious when my phone, S4, decided to update the allcast dongle and asked if I wish to turn on screen mirror. I don't have a dongle but I do have a Samsung Smart TV. Anyway, I turned on the TV and it scanned but never found any devices so I assume my TV is a little too old. Thanks for being so considerate in any case?
Sharecast Dongle - Galaxy S4 - Samsung Smart TV but several years old - tried turning set on and scanning but phone didn't find device so I figure the TV is a little dated. I have Chromecast and it works fine. I guess I'd have to buy a dongle if I wanted to mirror to TV?
It is possible that your TV does not have the said feature because you have said that it is a bit outdated. You could try and buy a dongle for it but ask them if it is compatible for your TV and phone before buying it.
Samsung G3 screen dead, help getting SMS off it?
Hi, I dropped my phone today and the screen is dead. Wondering if there is any way to get the SMS of it. I have it plugged into the PC, and have backed everything up using Kies, but the SMS are saved in an .sme file that I can't open. Other software won't work without debugging enabled, or installing an app on the phone, which I obviously can't do. Next resort is sharing the phone's screen with the PC via USB - possible?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: sunjoa09, vc, Dougie-1