Turn on Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Share Your Phone's Screen to the TV
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Lynn, Maria and 6 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- 2 How to use Screen Mirroring on the Galaxy Note III
- 3 How to Mirror the Note3 with an AllShare Wireless Hub
- 4 How to Connect your Note3 to your HDTV with AllShare
- 5 How to Mirror the Galaxy Note3 with Samsung HomeSync
- 6 How to Mirror the Galaxy Note3 with Samsung Smart TV
- 7 Questions and Answers on Galaxy S3 Screen Mirroring
- 7.1 For me screen mirroring works for a few seconds then gets turned off, why?
- 7.2 My note don't connect to AllShare cast?
- 7.3 My phone Note2 connect to TV screen mirroring device failed?
- 7.4 Like many G-Note3 owners, it will simply not connect to AllShare Cast Dongle?
- 7.5 In mobile its saying no devices found?
- 7.6 How do I share my Galaxy Note3 screen to my Laptop?
- 7.7 Samsung all share device can be use for Laptop mirroring with Samsung smart TV?
- 7.8 I couldn't find the input button in my remote,?
- 7.9 I want turn on screen mirroring?
- 7.10 Trying to sync with Xbox to watch a movie I have on my Note3?
- 7.11 How can I user Samsung Galaxy Note3 screen mirror on a Windows 7 computer without any additional hardware?
- 7.12 Is Samsung model no 32UE4500 can support screen mirroring?
- 7.13 The Samsung smart TV does not have a screen mirroring software built into it
- 7.14 I have done all the steps and no device found. Need help
- 7.15 After the firmware update, the phone is no longer working with the AllShare Cast. What should I do
- 7.16 As soon as I see alert "screen mirroring is enabled" it shows the next message on my mobile that "screen mirroring is turned off" both devices are connected to the same wireless. Please help
- 7.17 Hello. I am actually trying to connect my Verizon Galaxy S4 (Android Ver. 4.4.2) to ActionTec ScreenBeam Pro?
- 7.18 I have a Note3 and I want to cast my videos that I recorded onto my phone onto the TV I forgot how to do that it's probably been 6 months or a year since I tried and for whatever reason I can't seem to get it to play I downloaded movies from uTorrent onto my Note3 now I want to watch it on TV I thought I remembered just turning on a button and then passing it on to the television but it's not working if I did that before I don't know how to do it now?
- 8 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
How to use Screen Mirroring on the Galaxy Note III
Share games, watch movies, or just send huge text messages.
Screen mirroring allows you to share your multi-media files, presentations, games, and even surf the web, all from your Note3 to your TV, or any other screen that supports screen mirroring. So, if the 5.7 inch display of your Samsung Galaxy Note3 isn't enough, you can call in the big guns, and let your 40 inch TV display that HD game or movie.
This article will discuss how to wirelessly beam your Note3 screen to any supported device using one of three methods. Just find the question covering your method below, and click that link to jump to that section of this guide.
- 1How do I set up my AllShare Cast Wireless Hub?This section will show you everything you need to know about how to set up and connect your AllShare Wireless Hub. Simply follow the link for instructions, and an alternate method, if you prefer to use a third party hardware device, like the Netgear PTV3000.Advertisement
- 2How do I set up Samsung HomeSync?To learn how to set up Samsung HomeSync, just follow this link, and read the instructions.Advertisement
- 3How do I connect to a Samsung Smart TV?If you have a Smart TV, then this section will show you how to connect your Galaxy Note III to your Smart TV. Follow the link for instructions.
How to Mirror the Note3 with an AllShare Wireless Hub
You will need to have an AllShare Hub to complete these steps.
You can use the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub to share your Samsung Note3's screen to any HDTV. If you don't have one, you can purchase the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub from Amazon. This is what the device looks like:
- 2Find the 'Status Indicator'.This shows the charging and connection status between the wireless hub, HDTV and your phone. More on this will be discussed on the next section.
- 3Find the 'HDMI Socket'.The HDMI socket is the output receptor from your Note3 to the HDTV.
- 4Find the 'Power Socket'.This is the main source of the power of the device.
- 5Find the 'Reset button'.This will reset the device to default settings. This can be useful when you encounter errors during connection, or have issues you aren't otherwise able to resolve.
How to Connect your Note3 to your HDTV with AllShare
Getting connected is a quick and easy process.
The steps to connect your AllShare Wireless hip to your HDTV are easy to follow, and you should have your Note3 screen mirrored in no time.
- 1Connect your charger to the power socket of your AllShare Cast Wireless Hub.Wait for the status indicator to turn red. It may take up to five seconds for the indicator to turn red. If it fails to turn red, check to make sure that everything is connected properly.
- 2Connect your TV and AllShare Cast Wireless Hub using an HDMI cable.You can buy an HDMI cable online, or at any electronics store. Most big box stores also carry them.
- 3Adjust the source input of your HDTV, making sure that it matches the port that is used by the HDMI cable.
- 4Wait for the status indicator to blink red.This usually takes about a minute, depending on your situation. If it won't blink red, turn off your HDTV and AllShare Cast Wireless Hub, and start over.
- 5Once the status indicator of the Wireless Hub device blinks red, press and hold the 'Reset' button until you see that the status indicator has turned blue.
- 6You are now done connecting your HDTV and AllShare Cast Wireless Hub.
- 7Now go to your Samsung Galaxy Note3.Press the 'Home' button once to get to the home screen.
- 8From your home screen, tap on the 'Menu' button (lower-left soft button).
- 9From the menu, tap on 'Settings' (gear icon) to get to the settings menu.
- 12A list of available devices will now show.Select your AllShare Cast Wireless Hub from it. The name will also appear on your HDTV.
- 13Wait for the connection to successfully link both devices.Your Note3 screen will now be shared to your HDTV.
- 14You have successfully shared your Galaxy Note3's screen to your HDTV.
- The process only allows for one device to connect at a time. If you want to connect another device, you need to press and hold the 'Reset' button until the status indicator turns red. You can then repeat the process above to pair and connect the new device.
How to Mirror the Galaxy Note3 with Samsung HomeSync
Any computer or TV that is HomeSync enabled works for this
Follow these procedures to share your Samsung Note3's home screen with any HomeSync enabled device:
- 1If your Note3 has the HomeSync app on it
- Go to your home screen by pressing on the 'Home' button once.
- From the home screen, tap on the 'Apps' icon to see the list of all applications installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note3.
- From the apps list, tap the "HomeSync' app to turn it on.
- From the HomeSync app, tap the 'Menu' button (lower-left soft button of your Note3) and choose 'Screen Mirroring'.
- The screen of your Note3 will now display on your computer or TV.
- You have successfully shared your Galaxy Note3's screen to your TV or Laptop using HomeSync.
- 2If your Note3 has no HomeSync app on it
- Open Apps from your HomeSync device, and choose 'Screen Mirroring'.
- Your TV or Laptop will now display the instructions on how to activate Screen Mirroring on your Galaxy Note3.
- Press the 'Home' button once to get to the home screen.
- From your home screen, tap the 'Menu' button (lower-left soft button).
- From the Menu, tap 'Settings' (gear icon) to get to the settings menu.
- From the settings menu, go to the 'Connections' tab (first tab) and tap the 'Screen Mirroring' option.
- On the Screen Mirroring page, tap the slider on the upper right part of the screen to turn it 'ON'.
- A list of available devices will now show. Look for your HomeSync device's name at the bottom at the instructions shown on your TV or Laptop, and select that name on your Note3 to connect the two.
- You have successfully shared your Galaxy Note3's screen to your TV or Laptop using HomeSync.
How to Mirror the Galaxy Note3 with Samsung Smart TV
Get connected, directly.
You can directly connect your Galaxy Note3 to your Samsung Smart TV with the following procedures:
- 1From your Smart TV, use the remote and press 'Input', or the HDMI Button.
- 2Select 'Screen Mirroring' as shown on your Smart TV.
- 3From your phone, press the 'Home' button once to get to the home screen.
- 4From your home screen, tap the 'Menu' button (lower-left soft button).
- 5From the menu, tap 'Settings' (gear icon) to get to the settings menu.
- 8A list of available devices will now show.Select your Smart TV from the list.
- 9Both devices will now be connected and the screen of your Note3, and will be automatically shared to your Smart TV.
- 10You have successfully shared your Galaxy Note3's screen to your Smart TV.Advertisement
Questions and Answers on Galaxy S3 Screen Mirroring
For me screen mirroring works for a few seconds then gets turned off, why?
Scree mirroring allows your Galaxy Note3's screen to be shared on a supporting TV. If you notice that the TV's screen turned off after a few seconds, this is because your Note3's screen has been turned off. By default, Samsung Galaxy Note3 is set to turn off and lock the screen after fifteen (seconds of) inactivity for security and power-saving purposes. So you need to keep your phone's screen active if you do not want it to shut-off. Play games, browse the web, view videos and do things that will keep the screen on and shared to your TV. You can make the time it takes before the phone locks, due to inactivity, up to ten (10) minutes be doing these: Go to > tap on the on the right side of your phone > > tab > > > > > Choose .
This happens because your device is losing the signal that is needed in order for you to connect to your TV. Ensure that your device has adequate signal to keep the connection to your TV.
Failed to connect via screen mirroring.thanks!
This may be an issue with the TV rather than the device itself in trying to connect with AllShare for I have had this problem trying to connect to AllShare, also ensure that you have good connectivity because that the reason why my device did not connect to AllShare perfectly.
First is you must configure your AllShare cast and connect your phone via USB cable from the charger of your phone. Now, go to the settings menu of you note and look for the screen mirroring options and turn it on. Sometimes it may take a while to discover your device and also try to configure your share if it does really allow to be discovered by other devices.
See more questions like this: Troubleshooting AllShare cast hub
My phone Note2 connect to TV screen mirroring device failed?
My phone Note2 connect to TV screen mirroring device fail
In order to help you in regards to getting your device to connect to your TV I will need you to give me the model of your TV so that I can help you further along in the process. Please respond in this section so that I can help you in order to progress further in regards to your device failing to connect.
If you are using an adapter to share your screen from phone to TV, you will need the Samsung adapter seen here:
The Galaxy Note2 uses the same MHL to HDMI adapter as the Galaxy S3. Make sure you are using the right one, as the older S2 and Note 1 adapters will not work. Also, the adapter will require that you have a power source connected while in use. Check the diagram here for details:
See more questions like this: Which device does I need to connect Samsung Galaxy Note3 10.1 2014 edition and my TV
My entire house own the latest Samsung phones. they all connect fine. I just got Note3 and performed every troubleshoot right down to Factory Reset and nothing. Any ideas why this could happen?
One reason for this may be for you to disconnect one of the other device so that you can connect your device successfully, it may be overloaded in your home meaning that the signal to connect may be weak because of the other devices are still connected.
There might be a problem in your device connection, or it is set to limit connections. However you can still try to troubleshoot it again, but trying to restarting the dongle and remove all connected devices and then in your tab, simply manually add that connection and be sure that you in a close range radius for the connection.
See more questions like this: Why can't I see my Note3 screen on TV with the AllShare Cast Dongle after the update to Kitkat 4.4.2
In mobile its saying no devices found?
In mobile its saying no devices found
If you are trying to pair your device up with another then you will need to ensure that the other device is in discover mode that it can be found, but if you do not have the other device in discover mode then your device says no devices found.
If your TV is not a Samsung Smart TV, then you may need to purchase the AllShare Cast Wireless hub. This just acts as a WiFi antenna to transfer the signal between phone/Tablet and TV. Just connect the AllShare hub to the TV through HDMI and power it on. Now the AllShare Cast Hub will show as an available device to connect with.
How do I share my Galaxy Note3 screen to my Laptop?
Download on your device and also your computer Samsung Kies for this will allow you to screen share and also for you to share media from your device to your computer.
In order to have the computer display as an available device you will need to connect it through the AllShare Cast Hub. This hub will act as a WiFi antenna that transmits the video signal from the phone into a signal the computer recognizes, and allows the phone to detect the computer. All you have to do is plug it into the HDMI port on the computer, and plug it into a power outlet. Once hooked up properly just turn it on and scan for available devices, it should show.
See more questions like this: Screen mirroring between Samsung Galaxy Note3 and Laptop
I have Samsung smart TV , my question the Samsung AllShare device can be use for Laptop Windows 7 mirroring with the smart TV
Yes, but you will need to download the software to your Laptop in regards to your getting the Samsung AllShare to work from your TV from your Laptop. The software is available online for download so that you can use it successfully.
Yes, it can be mirrored but the application on the Windows 7 computer is in fact call Xbox smartglass which will allow you to connect your computer up to your smart TV.
See more questions like this: Connecting Samsung Galaxy Note3 to Samsung UHD Smart TV
I couldn't find the input button in my remote,
The input button should be on your remote but if it isn't look for the button the TV itself so that you will be able to switch the input on the video. Also look for buttons that say HDMI, AV and other buttons so that you can change input.
If you do not see the input button on your remote control then you will need to locate the source button on your remote instead. Also from here you can look on your TV in order to locate the input or source button which both control the option to view your screen mirroring.
I want turn on screen mirroring?
I am having Note3 and Dell inspirion 3521
The only way to use this your Note3 with a Laptop you will need the following:
- Samsung AllShare Cast Hub dongle
- HDMI input for Laptop
- connect AllShare to your Laptop using an HDMI cable
- when lights start flashing red, press reset key(it should now turn blue)
- on your Note3, go to settings-->more settings-->wireless and networks-->tap AllShare cast-->turn on-->phone will scan -->select AllShare Cast dongle-->you are now mirroring
See more questions like this: Samsung wireless screen mirroring hub dongle won't connect
Trying to sync with Xbox to watch a movie I have on my Note3?
Just have no idea but I know it is possible
Yes, if you have the movie already on your device then you can sync up these two devices by downloading iMediashare from the application store.
1. Open the application
2. Open up the Xbox movie tab
3. From there you will be able to view the Imediashare
4. From here you will be able to view your movies from your phone
How can I user Samsung Galaxy Note3 screen mirror on a Windows 7 computer without any additional hardware?
How can I user Samsung Galaxy Note3 screen mirror on a Windows 7 computer without any additional hardware
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to Screen Mirror your Samsung device to the computer without additional hardware. In order for the Tablet to recognize the Laptop and for the Laptop to properly read the format, you will need to purchase the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub. This will just act as the receiver to transfer the wireless video through the HDMI input on your computer.
See more questions like this: Screen mirroring Samsung Note3 to Windows 7
Is Samsung model no 32UE4500 can support screen mirroring?
I recently bought Samsung smart TV 32UE4500 model and cannot find this INPUT button or screen mirror option. so can you please tell is this model can do screen mirroring without attaching any other devices
Yes, this model of your TV will allow you to activate the screen mirroring option on your device which will allow it to find the TV. This model TV also support WiFi which can allow you to be able to use the internet so that you will can browse from your TV.
Also without using screen mirroring you will also be allowed to use the Micro HDMI chord that will allow you to screen mirror your device by using the chord instead of having to drain your battery through screen mirroring for a long period of time.
The Samsung smart TV does not have a screen mirroring software built into it
If you Samsung smart TV does not have a built-in support for Screen mirroring, that means your television does not support it. There are a lot of ways that you can do in order for you to do a screen mirroring on your television from your Android device. You can purchase the said devices for you to perform a screen mirroring, such as AllShare Cast wireless Hub, A Samsung HomeSync Device or an MHL converter.The AllShare Cast hub and the Home sync does need to have an application that you can run on TV as these are external devices and you are not being require to use an app. These hardware add-ons are typically connecting the cords then sync it on your device to make it work and no other special configuration to make it work.
Another way is to have an MHL converter that you can purchase from any electronic store as well. This MHL converter will let you do a screen mirroring from your device to a larger screen. However, your Android device must stay connected to the converter at all times when you are performing a screen mirroring. What you need are: The MHL converter, HDMI cored, your Android device's USB cord and your Android unit.Aside from the above mentioned, you can also do use a Samsung Smart View. But your television must be supported as there are only few models that can use this feature. This is a simple application that you can download from your Google Play store and install it on your device to perform a screen mirroring through wireless connection. What you need to have are: Compatible TV (See below), Compatible device (See below) and local connection or WiFi at home. As long as they are compatible, everything will work for you on screen mirroring.Here are the compatible devices for TV and Android device from Samsung:
2011 Samsung TV LED D7000 or above,
2011 Samsung TV LED PDP D8000 or above
2012 Samsung TV LED ES7500 or above
2012 Samsung TV LED PDP E8000 or above
2013 Samsung TV LED F4500 or above the said model and except F9000 and above the said model
2013 Samsung TV LED PDP F5500 or above the said model
For mobile devices:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy Note2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Samsung Galaxy Note3
Make sure that you device was manufactured from 2011 on wards and not below the 2011 year to be supported and compatible.
I have done all the steps and no device found. Need help
When you scan for available devices on your device and it did not detect any dongle. What you need to do are:
1. Check the Power cord. Check the power cord on your AllShare cast if it's plug properly or not, you should be able to see there agree light that indicates that your AllShare cast hub is ready to use. Normally, when you scan for adapters available it should appear on your phone home screen like the image below:
2. Power cycle. Power cycle means to restart your AllShare cast hub, TV and so as with your Samsung phone, for you to refresh their system. There are some instances that the phone will not detect the adapter even though that it is turned on and what you need to do is to restart it and do the same procedure to connect pair them and have it mirrored.
3. WiFi Enable. Make sure that your WiFi connection is being enabled on your phone, since that it is operating through wireless connection, the phone's WiFi switch must be on. Just go to your Settings then on the WiFi, switch it on. Make sure also that you turn on your AllShare cast for it to see the adapter when it scan and connect for mirroring.
For you to isolate this problem, you can use another phone that is AllShare cast capable as well. This is for you to test if you encounter the same problem or not. If you have another phone that is AllShare cast capable and working, then it was your phone that has an issue. What you can do is to back up the files and do a reset and restore on the phone, also to check updates and install if you haven't check for updates. You can also connect the phone via USB cord from your phone to your AllShare Cast adapter and do the same steps for mirroring. If it works or not, then the adapter will work only via USB and the wireless capability is damaged or not working, this is much applicable after you tried using another phone. If you have tried to another phone that is also an AllShare Cast capable and it is not working, then you may need to return the adapter back to the store where you purchase it from for an RMA (Replacement) as it has a hardware issue. Doing all the suggested troubleshooting or isolation, you can determine which one is causing the problem.
In order for you to resolve this issue on your Samsung Galaxy Note3 that is not working after the firmware update. You need to download an add-on patch for the phone to work it back, this is a normal issue but can be resolve by downloading. Simply go to your Google Play Store and search for the application patch, search it as "Screen Mirroring Patch". Once you found the application, download and install it on your phone and launch the patch on your phone for it to replace the corrupted file and do the same steps pairing your adapter and device to have it back on your phone and do a screen mirroring again using your Samsung Galaxy Note3.This patch will definitely resolve the problem or using AllShare Cast from any Samsung Android phone that is AllShare cast capable and having the same issue after the firmware update. You can refer to this link to see what the app looks like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.screenmirroringpatch
As soon as I see alert "screen mirroring is enabled" it shows the next message on my mobile that "screen mirroring is turned off" both devices are connected to the same wireless. Please help
It does not mean that the devices are connected to the same network they should work instantaneously. Even if you are able to see the adapter from the list and trying to connect on your TV screen, you must enable the AllShare cast on your phone as well. If the AllShare Cast is being disabled on your phone then you would keep on getting this message over and over.
If in case that the AllShare cast is currently enabled on your phone, what you can do is to power cycle your devices instead. Meaning, turn off your AllShare cast adapter and the phone then turn them on (No particular order) then do the same steps to mirror your phone again. If you have the same problem that you keep on getting the same error message that it needs to be enabled. You may need to back up the phone's content and perform a Hard Reset on the phone to set everything back to default and restore your phone's content. Doing a reset can also clear problems on the phone and to set the AllShare cast setting to default as enabled.
If you made an update (Firmware Update) to your mobile phone recently, since you are using a Samsung Galaxy Note3. This is a common problem but can be resolve by doing a patch for your mobile phone. This patch can resolve the issue on your phone if you still keep on getting the same message over and over on your phone. Go to your Google Play store and download the Screen Mirroring Patch on your phone, after you have downloaded and install the application. Simply Launch the application and start doing a patch on your phone.
After the patch, turn off and on the phone or simply restart and do the same procedure on doing screen mirroring on your phone. This should resolve the problem on your Galaxy Note3, you should be able to enjoy doing screen mirroring after. If you want to have a closer look of the application, you may go to this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.screenmirroringpatch
Hello. I am actually trying to connect my Verizon Galaxy S4 (Android Ver. 4.4.2) to ActionTec ScreenBeam Pro?
The ScreenBeam says put your device in "pin authentication mode"
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
I downloaded some movies from uTorrent onto my Note3 I want to watch the movies on my television I have a Roku system on my television I remember just going into my Note3 and pressing like mirroring button but it's not working I cannot seem to remember how to cast a movie from my Note3 onto the TV screen or how to save the videos that I downloaded so that they'll show up in my video section because I can get my media to show up but it only shows like home recorded videos not the ones that I downloaded. I have tried: Me being forgetful
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Dougie-1, vc, Grimm