Turn on Manual Sensitivity on a Nikon D3300
Edited by Feels, Robert, Eng, Susanalice and 1 other
Hi, welcome to VisiHow. This is going to be a tutorial on how to turn on manual sensitivity using a Nikon D3300 camera. This should also work on other D series Nikon cameras.
- 5Now we will see three settings:"Auto sensitivity", "Manual sensitivity", and "Microphone off". Auto sensitivity means that whenever we're shooting a video, the camera automatically decides what the best volume of the audio is. If we are recording in an environment where something could get loud very quickly, automatic is a good setting. An issue is when we stop talking, the background noises if there are any (or noise from the microphone itself) will bring up the volume to try and find any audio.
- 6If we choose manual sensitivity, it means we manually choose the volume.The volume may peak, but it may be useful if we are vlogging because we know that we are not going to go past a certain volume and we can dial in a good volume setting. We can turn the volume lower if we are outside, or we can turn it up louder in a quieter environment. Press "OK" to save the volume.
- 8Thank you for using VisiHow, if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comment section below.
Video: Turn on Manual Sensitivity on a Nikon D3300
Questions and Answers
Sensitivity is at 20. How do I reduce or move it?
Sensitivity is at 20. How do I reduce or move it
The first method.
- 1Follow steps 1-6 of the tutorial.Advertisement
- 2When you have pressed "OK" on "Manual sensitivity", press up or down arrows on the Multiselector to change the sensitivity from 20.
- 3Press "OK" to confirm the new sensitivity.
The second method of doing that can be performed as below.
- 1Before recording a video, press the "I" button.The control strip will be shown.
- 2Press left or right on the Multiselector to highlight the microphone icon ("MIC").
- 3Press "OK".You will see the automatic "A" icon with a microphone, the manual icon with a number and a microphone, and the off button with the microphone stricken through.
- 4Press left or right on the Multiselector to select the manual icon.
- 5Press up or down on the Multiselector to change the value from 20 to your desired value.
- 6Confirm the setting by pressing "OK".Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cameras & Photography
Recent edits by: Susanalice, Eng, Robert