Turn on Infrared IR Blaster on an Android Smartphone Smart IR Remote - AnyMote vs Ideapro Smart Infrared Universal IR vs Feamos Universal IR Infrared Remote ... and 1 more
Edited by Frank Fazio, Jay
If you do not have access to a WiFi and still want to control your home theater, or you have an older device that does not support connections to your WiFi, you can use the IR functionality of your Android smartphone. So what you can do is download a remote control app that works on your Android and it will automatically access the IR blaster. To date, listed below are all the smartphones that have the Infrared Blaster built in:
- Gionee Marathon M5
- HTC One M7, M8, M9, M9+, Max
- Huawei Honor 6, 6 Plus, Honor 7, Honor 8, Mate 9, P9 Plus
- LeEco Le 2, Le 2 Pro, Le Max 2
- Lenovo Vibe X3
- Let Le 1s, LeMax
- LG G2, G Flex, G Pro Lite, Spirit H, Optimus F6, Optimus G Pro, Optimus L9 II, G Pro 2, G2 Mini, G3, G3 S (Vigor), LG L90, LG G Vista, LG Volt, G Flex 2, G4, V10, G5, V20
- Medion P10341
- Oppo Mirror 5, 5S
- Panasonic P55 Novo
- Samsung Galaxy Note3, S4, S4 Mini, S4 Active, Galaxy Mega, Galaxy J, ATIV SE, Note3 Neo, Note4, Note Edge, S5, S5 Active, S5 Duos, S5 Mini, S5 Duos, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Active
- Sony Xperia Z (Japanese version only), Xperia Z1 (Japanese version only), Xperia ZL
- Ulefone Power, Vienna
- Xiaomi Mi 4, Redmi Note2, Redmi Note2 Prime, Mi 4C, Redmi Note3, Redmi 3, Mi 5, Mi 4S, Redmi 3s Prime, Redmi Note3 Pro, Redmi Note4,Max
- ZTE Nubia Z5S, Grand Memo II LTE, Grand X Max, Nubia X6, Nubia Z7, Nubia Z7 Max, Grand X Max+, Nubia Z9, NUBIA Z11
Method 1: Smart IR Remote - AnyMote
Claiming to be the world's best smartphone remote control app, the Smart IR Remote has an impressive list of 900,000 compatible devices. If you have a smartphone that has an onboard IR blaster, an Android version over 4.4 and around $7 (app is not free), you can use this app to pretty much control any device. It should be noted that this app is not compatible with Huawei, Vizio or Sony phones. There are many features that come along with this remote IR app, such as:
- 1You can swipe, tap & hold to control volume, change channels, etcGestures.Advertisement
- 2You can now mute your TV when a phone call comes in, or pause your media player.Mute On Phone Call.Advertisement
- 3You can group commands so a number of things will happen with a press of a button. You can press one button and have your TV, DVD player and sound system all power on at the same time.Macros.
- 4You can now have all your commands presented to you as soon as you grab your phone by using the widget on your home screen.Widgets.
- 5You can make a backup of your settings so you can restore it over to another device.Backup & Restore.
Method 2: Ideapro Smart Infrared Universal IR
For those of you that do not have an integrated IR blaster on your smartphone, you can purchase this 3.5mm plug that you can insert into the earphone jack of your smartphone. This plug will then become your IR blaster and you can download any remote control app that you want to use. Available on Amazon, you can purchase it for around $15. You need to be using Android 2.3 and above for this app to work.
Method 3: Feamos Universal IR Infrared Remote
Available on Amazon, the Famous IR plug fits nicely in the earphone jack of your Android to give you the IR blaster capability. It is recommended that you also download the corresponding app from the Google Play store. The app that you can use with this plug is called the ZaZa Remote-Universal Remote, and can be found by searching the term: Remote Control Wizard. The app (and plug) can not only control your TV, but can also control the following:
- Air conditioner
- Set-top box/satellite
- Network box
- Power amplifier
- Electric fan
- SLR camera
Method 4: Universal 3.5mm IR Remote
This simple $5 plug works like all the others. A 3.5mm plug that fits into your earphone jack that can deliver IR signals to your devices. This is selling on eBay and it comes from Hong Kong. There is also a corresponding app that you can download from the app store. Here is how you would set up this plug:
- 1Scan the two-dimensional code that is on the package
- 2Download the Remote Master app
- 3Insert the SMart IR Remote into the phone earphone jack
- 4Open the Remote Master app
- 5In the pop-up infrared device selection page, select the SMart IR Remote
- 6Select the correct infrared deviceAdvertisement
Questions and Answers
Hello I'm unable to find an ir blaster app for ZTE blade5?
Ir blaster app for ZTE blade5 that works with my AWA TV, please. pretty self-explanatory, cheers. Step 1 says to scan the 2-dimensional code. What code?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Home Theater
Recent edits by: Frank Fazio