Turn off automatic app updates in iOS 7
Edited by Lhynne27, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 1 other
If you are one of the users that are tired of apps auto-updates, there is now a simple way to disable this automatic apps update. Just follow the simple steps below:
Advantages of Turning Off Automatic Updates
- 1You get to save your battery.Automatic updates would be consuming battery quite a lot. This becomes a disadvantage when you are outside and running out of battery and there is nowhere to plug your iPhone to. If you are trying to save your battery, you will be able to do so because you can control what you would like to use your phone for during that period of time.Advertisement
- 2You get to update when you know it will not consume your data plan unnecessarily.If you are on a limited data plan, automatic updates is not an advantage because it will definitely consume your data plan. When your app updates are not automatic, you are able to select the timing in which you use a good and unlimited connection such as WiFi when you update your apps.
- 3You are able to keep older versions of apps if you prefer those.There are simply some apps which are better or easier to use in their older versions. In this case, if your updates are not automatic, you have the chance to opt out from the update.
- 4You do not have to deal with change in settings.Although not all apps would completely alter your settings when updated, there are still some apps which are like that. In which case, it often becomes a surprise for the user when he suddenly has lost all his previous settings and need to create a new one. Without automatic updates, you get to avoid these types of surprises. You know what is getting updated and you would know what to expect in every update.
- 5You do not suddenly get disturbed with an update when you are using an app or before you want to use it.There are times when you just see the update downloading and you want to use the app already. It wastes a bit of time because you are unable to use the app while the update is ongoing. This may become a real disturbance when you need the app for something urgent or crucial. Let's say you are getting lost and you need to immediately check your Google Maps. If you are not able to do so at that particular moment, it may cause you some delays or you may completely miss the road that you are supposed to turn to. If there are no automatic updates, you would know for a fact when it is the best time to update your apps and it will then not cause any disturbance.
- 6You do not get disturbed with a slowed down system.If there are too many apps updating at the same time, it may significantly slow down the operating system of your device. For example, if you are on Facetime and there was suddenly an automatic update of 2 to 3 apps, it may affect the video quality or it may make the voice rather choppy. In some cases, your Facetime call may even be cut. Without automatic app updates, you are able to set the best timing on when you would be doing the updates so as not to disturb your other activities in the phone.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Lynn