Turn Your Computer into a Game Arcade with Emulators
Edited by Raj, Eng, Melsan, Alma
Before you start everything, you must know the basic facts first. There are two basic things you must know about a retro game emulation for your computer. These are: game ROMs and an emulator that the Game ROMs and an Emulator for you to use and emulate a game ROM to play. This ROM is a copy of certain games that exists as a file on your computer. An emulator is an application that's capable of playing that ROM file on your computer. Basically, you can think of a ROM as a virtual game cartridge and an emulator as a virtual console.
How to get your Emulator
Finding an emulator is pretty simple and here is the list of some all time famous emulator's
- 1Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).Advertisement
- 2How to Turn Your Computer into a Retro Game Arcade.Advertisement
- 3Sega Consoles.
- 4Sony PlayStation.
Types of ROM's
There are two types of ROMs we're going to discuss: Homebrew and Official games.
- 1These are software made by people or individual people who designed for you to run a game (retro game or even new ones) software that are meant for other system and to play it on a PC.
- 2Official Games :Official games that are meant to a specific console or consoles are being made into a cartridge (CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray disc nowadays or a card type) way back in Sega Genesis, FamiCom, SNES and any other gaming system. After they successfully converted into a digital file that you can play on your computer. Generally, before you can copy the official game file from a cartridge. You must own first the official game cartridge or it's official copy before you can download a ROM which nowadays you can simply search website that has these game files already.Advertisement
How to download ROM's
Finding homebrew and game ROMs requires little more than a simple web search.
Once you've got your ROMs, it's time to start gaming. Setup your Game Emulator on PC
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Melsan, Eng, Raj