Turn Viber Location On or Off in Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Sid Bedekar, Jen M
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to turn your location On or Off when using the 'Viber' application on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3Mine is located here. You can see that here is a purple tile background and in the middle, there is the Viber logo which is a white speech bubble with a white phone inside. If you have not pinned the 'Viber' tile to your home screen, then swipe left and find it in the 'Apps menu'. Once you have located the 'Viber' tile - wherever it may be - press down on the tile to enter the application.On the home screen, we need to find the 'Viber' tile.
- 4What turn your location into means is that people will be able to pinpoint your location on a map and on a map when looking at your messages. If you have this option turned Off, then people will not be able to find your exact location on my map from your messages. This is a choice you can make based on your own desire. First thing we need to do is to make sure that the setting is turned On in the 'Settings' menu and then you can also manually turn the option On or Off when you are sending messages if you actually want to send your location in a particular message. You can do it manually but, first of all, you need to make sure the location is turned On in the 'Settings' menu. To do that, we need to press this icon; in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, there are three white dots in a line. It does not matter what section you are in. Right now, we are in the "chats" section. Even if we change to different sections, this icon will always be here. Find this icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and press down on it.What we want to do in this video, is show you how you can turn your location On or Off.
- 7The first option says "use location services.". Right now, it says "Off" and the icon is empty (there is a white bar inside). If this is turned Off, it means that you will never show your location in your messages, and you will never reveal your location. If you do not want this to be on, then you can leave it as off.We are going to have the first option up here.
- 10Therefore, even if it is on in this menu, you will still be able to turn it Off in an individual chat. Let us go and find our individual chat now and show you how to do that. To go back, we are going to press this icon here - the white arrow in the bottom left the corner. This will take us back.It is important to know that if it is still turned On, you can still turn it Off manually in a chat.
- 20I think it is a code. You won't notice but if you look very carefully or if you look on your phone, you will see there is the time or the date and then next to it, there is a small icon. A map icon. That means that when this message was sent, it had the location turned On.Right above, you can see that there is a message here - it is just gibberish - it says "Ghhg".
- 21You see "Your Location is Off" and now I am going to write something. If you want to go through, type in what you want and then press this icon here in the bottom left hand corner in the little white circle in a white speech bubble inside, that will send your message.I am going to turn Off the location.
- 29To turn the location On or Off when using this application. This concludes our tutorial on how to turn your location On and Off when using the 'Viber' application on a Microsoft Lumia 535. If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the application itself, then please leave them in the comment section below and we shall answer them for you.You know that there are two settings with two aspects.Advertisement
Video: Turn Viber Location On or Off in Microsoft Lumia 535
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Turn Viber Location On or Off in Microsoft Lumia 535. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Turn_Viber_Location_On_or_Off_in_Microsoft_Lumia_535
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Turn Viber Location On or Off in Microsoft Lumia 535." VisiHow, visihow.com/Turn_Viber_Location_On_or_Off_in_Microsoft_Lumia_535 Accessed 24 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Turn Viber Location On or Off in Microsoft Lumia 535." Accessed Jun 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Turn_Viber_Location_On_or_Off_in_Microsoft_Lumia_535.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Sid Bedekar, Thor