Turn Ordinary Twigs Into a Holiday Wreath
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Lynn, Maria and 1 other
Holidays are about decorating the house to make it more attractive, and more warm and welcoming. A twig wreath can help you accomplish this by adding subtle charm. Making a twig wreath may be more economical than making other wreaths as up to 80 percent of the project can be made with re-purposed items.
Things You'll Need
- Wire coat hanger
- Crafting or florist wire
- Twigs, between eight and ten inches long. The more pliable they are the easier they may be to work with.
- Artificial berries, candy, dried flowers, chestnuts, acorns or pine cones to decorate your wreath
- Hot glue gun
- Old clothing which will allow you to cut several strips of colorful cloth or velvet to create a bow
Steps to Create a Twig Wreath
- 9You can create the wreath to be decorated for nearly any season of the year.Add seasonal items, candy or other items.Advertisement
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Bending the twigs around the wreath is not really necessary, but it can be done if you like. One way to bend the twigs around a wreath is to find a bundle of very pliable twigs ,such as those from a willow tree. The longer the better when you are bending them into a wreath.
- Alternatively to bend the twigs around the wreath you can choose shorter, thinner twigs and soak them in water for about twenty minutes before applying them on the wreath with the wire or twine. When you do it this way, you do need to permit them to dry prior to application of the decorations or hot glue.
- An old velvet cloth, children's clothing or even some brightly colored tea towels may make admirable bows and allow you to use up old clothing in a positive way.
- You can use cloth, rubber bands, or twine to bind the bundles if you are planning to use it for one season. As they are not as sturdy as wire your wreath may not stay together longer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Turn Ordinary Twigs Into a Holiday Wreath. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Turn_Ordinary_Twigs_Into_a_Holiday_Wreath
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Turn Ordinary Twigs Into a Holiday Wreath." VisiHow, visihow.com/Turn_Ordinary_Twigs_Into_a_Holiday_Wreath Accessed 26 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Turn Ordinary Twigs Into a Holiday Wreath." Accessed Apr 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Turn_Ordinary_Twigs_Into_a_Holiday_Wreath.
Categories : Holidays & Traditions
Recent edits by: Maria, Lynn, Eng