Turn On or Off Cortana Reminders on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng, Anonymous and 2 others
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to turn on and off Cortana's ability to give you suggestions or reminders when using a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 4It's important to note that Cortana only comes activated on phones inside the United States of America.If your phone is from outside the United States, Cortana will be installed on your phone, but it will not be activated. In order to learn how to activate it, you can watch a video on this website. You can search for that video, and then watch how to activate Cortana. Afterward, you can come back and watch this video again. Now that we have activated Cortana, we want to enter the Settings menu by tapping on the three horizontal lines located at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- 6In Settings, you can see we have the option On.Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts, and more. Turning it off won't delete anything from Cortana's Notebook, though you can do that manually once it's off. If you don't want Cortana to give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts, and more, then we can turn this off by pressing on the switch. However, if you do want Cortana to give you these things, then leave it on. It can be very useful for Cortana to be able to do this, and this obviously is the point of the program and makes your phone work more efficiently.
- 7When you swipe across the switch to turn this option off, a confirmation message will appear.It says, To finish turning off Cortana, you'll need to restart your phone. You can then go back to Settings to manage your Cortana data in the cloud or delete Cortana data from your phone. If you want to do this, you will have to press restart. If not, press cancel.
- 8We're not going to do it now because it's not necessary to do it on this phone, but it does show you what you can do and how you can do it, which is what we're here for.This concludes our tutorial on how to turn on or off Cortana's ability to give you suggestions, reminders, alerts, ideas, and more when using a Microsoft Lumia 535. If you have any questions or queries about this video, then please leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow. Goodbye.Advertisement
Video: Turn On or Off Cortana Reminders on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Where is Cortana? I can't find it on my Lumia 535? Is it a feature?
Where is Cortana? I can't find it on my Lumia 535? Is it a feature of the Lumia 535?. I have tried: I have looked.. I think it was caused by: I don't know if it even exists on my phone.
Cortana is a feature for Windows phones, but not all regions support it. Here is the list of the supported regions: Cortana's regions and languages. If you cannot enable it as shown in the video, then it is most likely will be released in the nearest future with the next updates.
Want to disable Cortana on Lumia 535?
My phone keeps on switching off. I have tried: Switching it off. I think it was caused by: Have no idea
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: otosh, Anonymous, Eng