Turn On and Off Smart Lock for Passwords and Connected Accounts on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Alexander Avdeev, Eng
Hello! Welcome to VisiHow! In this video, we are going to show how to turn on and off Smart Lock for passwords and connected accounts on the HTC One M8.
- 4In the applications folder, we need to find and tap the Google Settings application icon.The icon has a gray cog with the "g" inside of it and "Google Settings" written underneath. The Google Settings application may be in a different position in the application folder. Therefore, we need to find and tap it. Tapping the icon will open up the application.
- 7We need the first option at the top.It says, "Smart Lock for Passwords and Connected Accounts" and "Allow the passwords of your apps and websites to be saved to your Google account. When disabled, no passwords will be saved or returned from this account." Right now the option is activated because the icon next to it is turquoise. What that means then is that passwords for applications and web sites will be saved to our Google account. Not just to our HTC One M8 but to actual Google account, which we can access from any device.
- 8If we want to disable the "Smart Lock for Passwords and Connected Accounts" option, and we don't want to save any passwords to our Google account, then we can tap the icon next to the option.This will turn the option off and deactivate it. The icon will become gray. This means that the option next to it is deactivated.
- 9However, if we want to activate and turn on "Smart Lock for Passwords and Connected Accounts", then just tap the icon next to the option again.It will be turquoise now, and that means that this option is activated.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial on how to turn on and off Smart Lock for passwords and connected accounts on the HTC One M8. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or about the process in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below. We shall answer them for you.
Video: Turn On and Off Smart Lock for Passwords and Connected Accounts on HTC One M8
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Alexander Avdeev, Thor