Turn On and Off Remote Device Lock and Erase on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Alexander Avdeev, Eng, VisiHow
Hello! Welcome to VisiHow! In this video, we are going to show how to turn on and off the option to allow the remote lock and erasure on the HTC One M8.
- 4In the applications folder, we need to find and tap the Google Settings application icon.The icon has a gray cog with the "G" inside of it and "Google Settings" written underneath. The Google Settings application may be in a different position in the application folder. Therefore, we need to find and tap it. Tapping the icon will open up the application and a menu.
- 9However, if we want to allow the remote lock and erasure, we can tap the gray icon.The application will give us some information that says, "Android Device Manager" and "If you lose your device, Android Device Manager can lock or delete it remotely. But first you must grant some administrator rights. Activating this administrator will allow the app Google Play services to perform the following operations". The application will also list "Erase all data", "Perform factory reset, which deletes all of your data without any confirmation.", "Change the screen-unlock password", and "Lock the screen Control when your device locks, requiring that you re-enter your password." We have to activate these options to allow the remote lock and erasure to happen.
This concludes our tutorial on how to turn on and off the option to allow remote lock and erasure on the HTC One M8. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or about the process in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below. We shall answer them for you.
Video: Turn On and Off Remote Device Lock and Erase on HTC One M8
Questions and Answers
"Access remote icon on HTC One"?
Just started seeing this icon on home screen that looks like it's a remote (white icon)... it won't go away, when I press on it, it looks my phone. I have tried: Nothing, phone is completely locked/frozen. I think it was caused by: Have no idea
This is a Peel Smart Remote icon. It must have been installed with another application, or someone who uses the phone installed this application.
- 1Restart your phone.Press and hold the volume-up and the power buttons until the phone does so.Advertisement
- 2Unlock your phone and press the home button.
- 3Tap on the application icon that looks like a set of white boxes.
- 4Tap on "Settings".
- 5Tap on "Apps" under "PHONE".On previous versions of Android, you would need to scroll to "ALL".
- 6Tap on "Peel Smart Remote".
- 7Tap on "Storage".Omit this step if you are on older versions of Android.
- 8Tap on "Uninstall" or "Disable" (whichever is visible).Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Turn On and Off Remote Device Lock and Erase on HTC One M8. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Turn_On_and_Off_Remote_Device_Lock_and_Erase_on_HTC_One_M8
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Turn On and Off Remote Device Lock and Erase on HTC One M8." VisiHow, visihow.com/Turn_On_and_Off_Remote_Device_Lock_and_Erase_on_HTC_One_M8 Accessed 23 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Turn On and Off Remote Device Lock and Erase on HTC One M8." Accessed Mar 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Turn_On_and_Off_Remote_Device_Lock_and_Erase_on_HTC_One_M8.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Eng, Alexander Avdeev, Thor