Turn On Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S4 and Share Your Phone's Screen to the TV Mirror your Samsung S4 Screen to your TV vs Connect your HDTV to AllShare Cast Wireless Hub vs Turn on Screen Mirroring (Marshmallow) ... and 2 more
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Jmgf and 11 others
- 1 This article is part of series discussing Everything About How to Use the Samsung Galaxy S4.
2 Questions and Answers
- 2.1 Can you do screen mirroring with S4 to tab3?
- 2.2 Can not find connection between phone( Note2 ) & TV ( Sony Bravia 804A )?
- 2.3 How can I share my Galaxy S4 screen with my Laptop?
- 2.4 I am trying to see if I can mirror my phone with my computer?
- 2.5 From Settings, tap on "Connections" tab and choose "Screen Mirroring" under Connect and share. I Don't have connections
- 2.6 How group cast app works with Samsung?
- 2.7 I have Android 5.0.1 on my S4, does it have Miracast?
- 3 Comments
This article is part of series discussing Everything About How to Use the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Method 1: Mirror your Samsung S4 Screen to your TV
Mirroring your screen is way easier than figuring out a TV remote.
'Screen Mirroring allows you to use your TV as an extended screen for your Samsung Galaxy S4. This lets you to wirelessly transmit photos, videos, games, and anything else on your phone's screen to your TV screen.
The easiest way to do this is by directly connecting a Samsung Smart TV that supports the feature. If you aren't sure if your Samsung TV has native support for the feature, just visit Samsung's website for information. Just make sure to filter your search by Smart TV.
Alternatively, if you have an HDTV that is not supported, you can still use Screen Mirroring by connecting the TV to an AllShare Cast Wireless Hub.
Method 2: Connect your HDTV to AllShare Cast Wireless Hub
Connecting has never been easier, or faster.
First, we'll start by making sure your TV is connected. You should already know from the previous section of this guide whether you have a supported Samsung Smart TV or not. If you do not have one, don't worry. Just follow the detailed procedures below to connect your HDTV to an AllShare Cast Wireless Hub.
- 1Turn on your TV and the AllShare Cast Wireless Hub.Advertisement
- 2Using an HDMI cable, connect your TV to your AllShare Cast Wireless Hub.Advertisement
- 3Make sure they match, or this won't work.Adjust the input on your HDTV, to the HDMI port your cable is plugged into.
- 4After a few seconds, the status indicators will turn red.
- 5When the status indicators blink red, press the 'Reset' button.
- 6The status indicators will now appear as red.
- 7You're done connecting your HDTV and AllShare Cast Wireless Hub.Congratulations!
- Alternatively you can use the Netgear PTV3000 to connect.
Method 3: Turn on Screen Mirroring (Marshmallow)
Method 4: Turn on Screen Mirroring (Lollipop)
Method 5: Turn on Screen Mirroring (Kitkat/Jelly Bean)
You need to enable Screen Mirroring on your phone too.
Connecting the AllShare Wireless Hub is only part of the process. Next, you'll need to get your phone connected, and broadcast to your TV. Here's how to do that.
Questions and Answers
Can you do screen mirroring with S4 to tab3?
You cannot mirror your screen from your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 though there is another way of sharing your phone's screen to a Tab 3 by using Group Play. Group Play allows you to share the screen of your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your Galaxy Tab 3. The feature also lets your Tab 3 interact with the content currently shown. As good as it sounds, Group Play has its limitations too. It cannot offer full screen mirroring support like being a separate screen for your S4 but if you only want to view videos and movie files, then Group Play works like a charm.
To open Group Play go to your Home Screen and tap on the Apps icon. From the application list, look for Group Play and tap on it. On Group Play, tap on Create Group to initiate sharing from your device. Choose the files that you want to share on the "Share and Play Content" page. Connect your S4 and Note3 by bringing them back to back. You can check our full article on Share Your Samsung Galaxy S4's Screen View To Other Phones Using Group Play to know how it is done.
Unfortunately, mirroring Samsung Galaxy S4 screen to Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 screen is not yet possible because there's no application or device developed yet that could make an Android device mirror its screen to another Android device.
Can not find connection between phone( Note2 ) & TV ( Sony Bravia 804A )?
For screen mirror mode in mobile show "no devices found" please advise how to setting
In order to use the mirroring function, you will need any of the following (on your TV's brand):
- using Mobile High-Definition Link cable ( wired mirroring)
- using miracast technology
- using one-touch mirroring with Near Field Connection (NFC) technology
If you do not use any of the above, this might be the reason why you cannot detect the TV and vice versa.
Once you have any of the above, you will need to enable both devices to do a successful mirroring.
See more questions like this: How to use Screen Mirroring with my Galaxy S4 to my Sony bravia HX750 55" LED 3D TV
My Laptop is Toshiba and I have a Galaxy S4. I want to share my phone's screen with Laptop.
In order to mirror your screen onto the Laptop, you will need to purchase the AllShare Cast Hub dongle. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-All-Share-Wireless-Display-Adapter/dp/B0089VO7MY you can find one there. Next, you will need to activate the screen mirroring on your phone and it will attempt to locate any devices on your wireless network that are compatible. The only problem is that your Laptop will need an HDMI port in order to connect the AllShare dongle. If the Laptop does not have one then you will most likely not be able to use screen mirroring on your Laptop. Once the dongle is connected to your computer, all you need to do is follow the normal procedure for screen mirroring and the Laptop will show up as an available device to connect too.
1. From home screen select Menu 2. Go to Settings 3. Select Connections tab then choose screen mirroring 4. Move the switch to the on position to activate screen mirroring 5. After doing this it should automatically scan for any available devices, just select the Laptop from the list.
I am trying to see if I can mirror my phone with my computer?
I have a Galaxy S4 mini, and apparently, it's impossible to transfer my pictures to my computer.
No, the act of transferring your pictures to your computer is possible with your Samsung Galaxy S4 mini device. By connecting your device to the computer a pop up will present itself asking you if you would like open files, import pictures or explore files.
From here you are going to need to decide what you want to do but on this screen to get your pictures off simply tap on the import pictures option to have your pictures saved on the computer.
Here is a video to help:
If you are trying to do a screen mirroring on your phone but you cannot find the Connections tab. Make sure that you did not go to the Settings for your phone. There are two Settings options for your Android phone that made you confuse as well. For you to see the Connections tab, go to your home screen and not in the list of apps drawer. On the home screen, tap the Soft key menu then on the pop-up menu, which you will find the following options: + Add app and widgets, Create Folder, Set Wallpaper, Edit page, Search and the Settings. Tap the Settings and you should be able to see the tabs on the upper screen. You may refer to the screenshot below:
How group cast app works with Samsung?
Please let me know about the details
You can share files easily on your phone with the use of the Group Cast app via normal access points or WLAN that can be used to set up meetings, classes, or conferences online. You can share loads of music, images, videos, and documents with the use of your mobile phone. You can join Group Cast by doing the following:
- On the App drawer, launch AllShare Play
- Sign in using the Samsung account that is linked with your device.
- Choose the device that you want to use.
- Hit the "Menu" key.
- Select "Join Group Cast" when the pop-up menu appears.
- Hit the "OK" button in the notifications.
- You will now get to see a list of all the available Group Cast which are listed according to the device name.
- Tap on the device that you want to connect into using the Group Cast.
- Enter PIN that you used to share the document and then tap on "Done" button.
- That's it. You have successfully joined your selected Group Cast.
I have Android 5.0.1 on my S4, does it have Miracast?
When I go to screen mirroring on settings and search it doesn't find the device. I'm not sure if it's the phone or the device.
Double check all your cables and make sure they are connected to the correct inputs/outputs and restart your wireless hub or SmartTv.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: PW, anilbanthia, Dougie-1