Turn On GeoFencing on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Sid Bedekar, Eng, Jen M
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to turn on Geo-Fencing.
- 6not tracking geofences". Geo-fence - as you may already know - is a way to create a boundary around a place of interest to you. For example your home, your workplace or anywhere that is of interest to you. It allows your apps to create an experience for you when you enter those areas and it allows you to create a more personalized environment. Your applications can detect when you enter these zones and they can provide you with different services based on other things in the vicinity of that zone. This menu doesn't show any ways of enabling geofences.Now, we can see here it says, "Current status:
- 7Once you do that, it will turn geofences on and it will start tracking geofences. We need to go to Cortana. To do this, we can just press the search button - the magnifying glass at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Press and hold that until Cortana appears.What you need to do is create a note using Cortana.
- 8Remind me to do something when I get home. Home will then become an area of interest and that will be geofenced. Home will then be represented as a zone of importance. I am going to press the microphone button and then I am going to ask Cortana to remind me.So what I am going to do is I am going to as Cortana to remind me to do something.
- 9Obviously my accent or pronunciation is not suitable for Cortana and you may also have some problems with this. We can just input this information manually. Here we have person place or time. You have to press Place.Cortana has understood the first part of my request which is to remind me to water the plants but she has not understood my second request which is the "when I get home" part of the reminder.
- 10We are going to enter this information manually if we cannot do it using Cortana's voice recognition. We have the option to remind me when I arrive or depart. I would like to be reminded when I arrive so I will leave that there. I am going to press down on the text box and write my address. After that, I am going to press done.Here we have a location reminder.
- 14Tracking Geo-fences". Now, the geofencing application has been activated. You now need to try to link this in with other applications you have in order to create zones of interest to connect with your other applications.Now, if I take you back to the location menu, you can see at the bottom, it says, "Current status:
- 15You will need Cortana to do this and if you want to know how to activate Cortana outside of USA, then you can find a video on how to do that on our website. If you have any questions or suggestions about this video, then please leave them in the comment section below. You have been watching VisiHow, goodbye.This concludes our tutorial on how to turn on Geo-Fencing when using a Microsoft Lumia 535.Advertisement
Video: Turn On Geo-Fencing on Microsoft Lumia 535
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Eng, Sid Bedekar, Thor