Turn Old Kitchen Utensils Into Wall Hooks
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Eng, Lynn, Robbi and 3 others
Did you know that you don't always have to throw away your old kitchen utensils if you do not want to use them anymore? They may look old and may no longer be so nice when they sit in your kitchen or dining area, but it sure can be an awesome and useful ornament when hung on you wall. Aside from saving you some bucks, making your own wall hooks out of old kitchen utensils will also bring out your creative side. The things that you will need for these lovely hooks are easy to find and could just be inside your house. Make the most out of your old scraps. Good luck!
Old kitchen utensils you can use
Make towel hooks using faucet handles
Things you need
- 13-5 faucet handles (or more if you desire)Advertisement
- 2scrap wood
- 32 brackets
- 4screw driver
- 5tape measure
- 73-5 dummy spindles (or more if needed)
- 83-5 trim head screws (or more if needed/size depends on the dummy spindles)
- 9wood glue
- 9You can try other utensils that were mentioned on the suggestions above.You now have your homemade wall hooks using your old kitchen parts.
- Before you decide which kitchen utensil to use, you may want to check first the place where you are planning to hang it. This will help you decide which utensil matches the color or decoration of the room or area you will hang it on. Matching it with the area will make it look more pleasant and professionally made.
Questions and Answers
How to make a fork into a hook?
Some people may like to just use a fork and make a hook for the wall, rather than a plaque. How do you do that?
These are the materials you will need to make a hook from the fork:
- Any kind of steel fork
- Screwdriver and screws
- Piece of wood
- Wood glue or spike
Here is the procedure to make your old fork turn into usable wall hook:
- First choose your old fork. Look for the best design among your old forks. Choose a fork that is easy to twist, but still durable. Avoid using a fork with stains, if possible.
- Prepare the scrap of wood to which you will append your recycled fork. Use a ruler to measure the wood, depending on the amount of fork that you will use and the style that you want. Use a jigsaw to remove excess parts of the wood. You can design it depending on what you want it to look like.
- Start hammering your fork to flatten the surface, other than the handle and tines. When you hammer the handle, it will only make it harder to bend. After you flatten the fork, bend or curl it into a You shape, like a hook, but keep the handle faced outward, so it will look prettier while hanging on the wall.
- Make a hole in it, using a drill. The hole should be at the base or top of the handle of fork. This will be where you attach the screw. After you make a hole, then attach the fork to the wood using screwdriver and screw (or you can use a spike).
- Then place or attach the scrap of wood on your wall, and you're done. You can now start to put different kitchen utensils here, or whatever you want to display on it.
For additional information, you can also curl or bend tines of the fork to make some design by using pliers. If you want to paint your finished product, just use rustproof spray paint.
Where should I put hooks in kitchen area?
Wall hooks are inexpensive and great addition to your kitchen. A properly placed wall hooks in the kitchen area makes preparation of food more faster and less time consuming while a kitchen with no wall hooks or wall hooks that are improperly placed makes the person to frequently move from place to place making the food preparation more time consuming. Below are some tips to help you decide where to put your hooks on your kitchen area:
- Wall hooks should be placed near the stove. The rationale behind it is that when a person cook, the person can effectively get the right cooking utensils without leaving the food that he is cooking.
- Wall hooks should be placed near the sink. Sink in the kitchen area is usually where we wash the foods that we prepare and where we wash our used kitchen utensils. Wall hooks that are placed near the sink is much more better because we can easily hang our kitchen utensils after we wash them or we can easily get the right kitchen utensil if we are preparing the foods.
- Wall hooks should be placed at chest or shoulder level. Shoulder or chest level wall hooks provides easier access and promotes proper posture than wall hooks that are overhead or lower than waist level.
In general, wall hooks that are placed near the stove and near the sink are the best areas in your kitchen to effectively help you prepare the food more easier.
Do you know how to make kitchen utensil hanging holder?
I would like to make a DIY ceiling or sideways kitchen rack for hanging utensils.. I have tried: I have not tried anything. I have thought about using an oven rack.. I think it was caused by: It would be nice if all of my pots, pans and utensils were hanging from some kind of rack in the kitchen.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Repurposing Crafts
Recent edits by: Jen M, Liezel, Robbi