Turn ON Data Roaming and Services on HTC One
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn and 2 others
If you travel a lot, you'll probably find it very helpful to have your Data Roaming ON, especially if you go to another country. In this article, we will provide you with the basic steps for how to turn on the Data Roaming and Services on your HTC One.
Turn ON Data Roaming/Services
- 5A popup window will appear; read the information and if you agree with it, tap "OK" to proceed.
- 6Your Data Roaming will be turned ON.
Turn OFF Data Roaming/Services
- 4Tap Data Roaming to turn it OFF.Data Roaming should have a blue check on it.
- 5Press the Back button on your mobile, which is located on the lower left corner.
- Then tap the slide on the right, on Mobile Data, to turn it OFF.
- Your Data Roaming will be completely OFF.
Turn on 4G Connection on HTC One
Here are the steps to turn on 4G service, providing 4G is available in the area you are using your Data Roaming services. Please note that charges will apply for this type of service, and it is best for you to contact your network provider to find out the amount of possible charges. Sometimes, they can become really high.
- 1Tap the "All Apps" button on the phone's Home screen.Advertisement
- 2Tap on "Settings" and select "Mobile Data".
- 3A small box will pop up and will give you the network options available.Tap on "Network Mode".
- 4Tap on CDMA if you want to switch back to 3G. 4G service is now enabled.Tap on LTE/CDMA to activate 4G.
Managing Your Data Usage
You can enjoy your data services as much as you like when your roaming service is enabled, but you may just get a shock when you see how high your bill ends up. Here are some ways to manage your usage and make sure that your bill is within your budget.
Activities That Eat Up Data
- 1Video and music streaming.
- 2Web browsing.
- 3File downloads.
- 4Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).Applications that require internet service (e.g.
- 5Emails/messaging applications.
- 6Automatic mobile/application updates.
- 7Playing online games.
- 8Uploading files to cloud services and other external sources.
Checking Your Usage
- 1Track your data.
- Tap the "All Apps" button on the phone's Home screen.
- Go to Settings and tap "More" under Wireless & networks.
- Tap on "Usage" and go to the Mobile tab.
- Under the Mobile tab, select "Limit Mobile Data Usage" and drag the limit line above to set your monthly data limit. This will automatically deactivate your data service when you reach your limit.
- Next, select "Alert Me About Data Usage" and drag the limit line below to set an alert when you are about to reach your limit. You can either set this alert when you are already at 50 or 75 percent of your monthly allowance.
- To set the start day of your cycle, tap on "Reset Data Usage".
Checking The Usage of Your Apps
- 1Tap the "All Apps" button on the phone's Home screen.
- 2Go to Settings and tap "More" under Wireless & Networks.
- 3Under the Mobile tab, you can drag the limit line to check how much data you have used up in a particular time frame.
- 4Scroll down and tap on the application that you want to check.Advertisement
- Many cell service providers offer inexpensive data plans for when you are on vacation or on a business trip in a different country.
- Many countries, especially European countries, have WiFi available everywhere - malls, town centers, hotels, buses, etc. You may not need to ever set your phone to roaming when you are away. Even if you do set it to Roaming, turn it off when you don't need it, and connect to WiFi when it's available, to save yourself a big bill at the end of your trip.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Geraldin Carniyan