Turn ON Data Roaming and Services on HTC One
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, Anonymous, Geraldin Carniyan and 2 others
If you travel a lot, you will probably find it very helpful to have your Data Roaming ON, especially if you go to another country. In this article, we will provide you the basic steps on how to turn on the Data Roaming and Services of HTC One.
Turn ON Data Roaming/Services
- 5A popup window will appear; read the information and if you agree with it, tap "OK" to proceed.
- 6Your Data Roaming will be turned ON.
Turn OFF Data Roaming/Services
- 4Then, Data Roaming should have a blue check on it; tap Data Roaming to turn it OFF.
- 5Press the Back button on your mobile, which is located on the lower left corner.
- Then tap the slide on the right, on Mobile Data, to turn it OFF.
- Your Data Roaming will be completely OFF.
Turn on 4G connection on HTC One
Here are the steps on how to turn on 4G service, if 4G is available on the area where you are using your Data Roaming services. Please note that charges will apply on this type of service, and it is best for you to contact your network provider for the amount of possible charges.
- 1Tap the "All Apps" button on the phone's Home screen.Advertisement
- 2Tap on "Settings" and select "Mobile data".
- 3Tap on "Network mode".A small box will pop up and will give you the networks options that you can use. Tap on LTE/CDMA to activate 4G. Tap on CDMA If you want to switch back to 3G. 4G service is now enabled.
Managing your data usage
You can enjoy your data services as much as you like when your roaming service is enabled, but you may just get a shock when you see how high your bill ends up. Here are some ways to manage your usage and make sure that your bill is within your budget.
Activities that eat up usage
- 1Video and music streaming
- 2Web browsing
- 3File downloads
- 4Applications that require internet service (e.g.Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- 5Emails/messaging applications
- 6Automatic mobile/application updates
- 7Playing online games
- 8Uploading files to cloud services and other external sources
Checking your usage
- 1Track your data
- Tap the "All Apps" button on the phone's Home screen.
- Go to Settings and tap "More" under Wireless & networks.
- Tap on "Usage" and go to the Mobile tab.
- Under the Mobile tab, select "Limit mobile data usage" and drag the limit line above to set your monthly data limit. This should automatically deactivate your data service when you reach your limit.
- Next, select "Alert me about data usage" and drag the limit line below to set an alert when you are about to reach your limit. You can either set this alert when you are already at 50 or 75 percent of your monthly allowance.
- To set the start day of your cycle, tap on "Reset data usage".
Checking the usage of your apps
- 1Tap the "All Apps" button on the phone's Home screen.
- 2Go to Settings and tap "More" under Wireless & networks.
- 3Under the Mobile tab, you can drag the limit line to check how much data you have used up on a particular time-frame.
- 4Scroll down and tap on the application that you want to check.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Lynn, Geraldin Carniyan, Anonymous