Turn Data Roaming ON on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Monika, Eng
The roaming feature needs to be enabled if you want to use internet based features like web browsing and email while you're outside your country. This feature is useful when you are on vacation or a business trip, but warned, data roaming is typically very expensive. Use sparingly and definitely check the rates with your cellphone carrier because data rates are often shockingly expensive. See below on how to enable and disable the roaming features.
- 1Tap on applications on your phone menu to open other options.Advertisement
- 2Look for your "Settings" application, the gear icon, then tap it.Advertisement
- 3Tap on "Connections" option to get into the next page.
- 4Touch "More networks", then the "Mobile networks" option.
- 5You can tick it to enable the feature, or un-tick it to disable the feature.On this section, you would find your "Data Roaming".
Other way to enable and disable roaming
- 1Contact the network carrier first and request to enable roaming on your phone number.
- 2Then they can send you an automatic authentication to enable or disable the roaming.
In general, it refers to the extension of connection service in a different location that is far from your home or the country where your service was registered. The word "roaming" started or that originated from Global System for Mobile (GSM), which can also be applied to Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology. Users can get phone calls, receive text messages and data service while traveling outside home coverage (outside their country).
Two types of roaming
- SIM Based roaming
Arranged from a network provider, such as phones, tablets and any other devices that run through SIM.
- Username and password roaming
This is an operator-to-operator based agreement system with their GSM support.
Roaming agreements and Process
The GSM association standardized the agreement for roaming to all its members, as authorization and authentication can comprise billing of the visiting subscribers that typically comprise minimal safety standards.
There are two types of processes -- one is location update and the other is mobile terminated call. These are types of cellular networks.
- 1Maintenance of service is possible whenever there is an agreement between home and request services from the network that may also be denied from the visiting network.Advertisement
- 2The visited network may contact the home network per request of the user that may use IMSI digits.
- 3It will indicate the host network with information sent to that device properly.Once successful, the network would begin a temporary record for the user, cloned from the home network provider.
Mobile Terminated Cell
This is enabled when a call is made for roaming cellphones.
- 1Dialing mobile numbers with MSISDN.Advertisement
- 2Calls will be routed to Mobile network.
- 3MAP SRI messages contains the MSISDN.
- 4The MSRN will be sent back to HLR in the MAP.
- 1This refers to moving from one region to another that is inside the national coverage of mobile operators. Regional roaming is rarely offered to users, except in United States and any other countries with wide geographical areas.Regional roaming:
- 2This refers to moving from one network carrier to another. There is also a consideration if the mobile was made for a specific network that you may not be able to jump to another carrier.National roaming:
- 3This refers to moving from one country to another using one network provider.International roaming:
- 4This is only used for CDMA customers.Inter standards roaming:
- 5This allows an access point to get a mobile signature from any end-user.Mobile signature roaming:
- 6This is a network element belonging to the same operator(s) in different locations.Inter MSC roaming:
- 7This is for users to have permanent roaming or be off network.Permanent roaming:
- 8Routing calls within local tariff.Trombone roaming:Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Turn Data Roaming ON on Samsung Galaxy S4. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Turn_Data_Roaming_ON_on_Samsung_Galaxy_S4
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Turn Data Roaming ON on Samsung Galaxy S4." VisiHow, visihow.com/Turn_Data_Roaming_ON_on_Samsung_Galaxy_S4 Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Turn Data Roaming ON on Samsung Galaxy S4." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Turn_Data_Roaming_ON_on_Samsung_Galaxy_S4.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Monika, Lynn, Melsan