Turn Data Roaming ON on Samsung Galaxy S2
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Eng, Anonymous and 1 other
Data roaming is meant for users who are going abroad and required to enable the service for email, browsing and other data services or usage. Regular charges may apply. To prohibit unwanted charges, you can disable roaming and data roaming at the same time and use WiFi network connection for your email and any other stuff.
Things to be Careful with When Data Roaming is ON
- 1Download of apps.This consumes a lot of data and if you are on data roaming, it may mean that you would have to pay a lot later on. If you really have to download apps, make sure that you are only doing so for the ones that you urgently need. Otherwise, it may be best to just wait for the time that you have a more unlimited internet connection, such as WiFi.Advertisement
- 2Streaming of videos.This will also consume a lot of data. If you really would like to watch videos during your trip abroad, it may be better for you to download them on your phone prior to your trip. This way, you can watch your videos even without internet connection later on. It therefore won't be consuming your roaming data. For security reasons, it may be best to turn off your roaming data when you are watching videos to make sure that it won't lodge through that connection, especially that it's not necessary anymore.
- 3Online games.Games that are web-based are like videos that consume a lot of data. Make sure that you only play games that are app-based, meaning, it won't require an internet connection for you to play it. Games can be very addicting and it hooks you up for a long period of time. Therefore, if you are using roaming data for web-based games, you may end up getting really surprised with a huge bill as soon as you get back to your home country. Be very selective with what you run on your smartphone as you might regret it later on.
- 4Uploading of huge files to cloud-based storage sites.If you would like to upload a 5GB file to your Dropbox for example, you may want to delay it to a later time when you are not using your roaming data anymore. To transmit the file with such a size, it will consume your data plan. If you do upload several files, it may mean that a huge amount of your data plan is consumed.
- 5Upload of large photos on social media sites.Not only will the social media site itself consume your roaming data plan, the uploads will consume it even more. Simply browsing through your news feed will be OK, but uploading albums and albums of photos will be a different story. It will also be rather different when you browse through your news feed and you watch every video that you see within it. It will be equivalent to watching the videos directly.
- 6Video calls.Video calls would consume a lot of your data plan the same way that watching a video would. Therefore, if you really have to do a video call, make sure you do it when you are on unlimited WiFi. The video call may end up to be rather unstable if you do it through your roaming data connection.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Lynn