Turn Airplane Mode on Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, Lynn, Eng and 6 others
If you always travel by plane, then you should know that once you are on board they always announced or advised that you should turn off your phone or turn the airplane mode. This is for safety purposes to avoid any disruptions on the plane while flying. Turning your mobile into airplane mode also helps in extending your battery life. In this article, we will show you how you can turn the airplane mode in Samsung Galaxy S3.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Turn Off Airplane Mode
- 3 Turn on or off airplane mode on Samsung Galaxy S3 using the notification panel
- 4 Turn on or off airplane mode on Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Power button
- 5 Things that you should know about Airplane mode / Flight mode:
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 7 Comments
Turn Off Airplane Mode
- 5Your Airplane mode is off.The check on Flight Mode should then be gone.
Turn on or off airplane mode on Samsung Galaxy S3 using the notification panel
You can quickly enable or disable airplane mode on your device through the notification panel. Using the notification panel is faster than going to Settings. Follow these procedures to enable or disable flight mode on your S3:
- 1Go to your phone's Home screen by tapping on the Home button.
Turn on or off airplane mode on Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Power button
You can use the Power button to turn on or off airplane mode on your device. Though this is faster than going to Settings and through the notification panel, constantly using the Power button may wear it down faster. Still, should you want to use the Power key to enable or disable flight mode on your phone then follow these:
- 1Press and hold the Power button until you will see Power options.
- 2From the list of device options, tap on Flight mode (airplane icon) to turn it on or off.
- 3You have now enabled or disabled airplane mode on your Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Power button.
Things that you should know about Airplane mode / Flight mode:
- 1This is the main function of the feature. Flight mode disables your phone's network radios so it will not be able to use the network services and WiFi. This is important when the location you are in requires disabling of network radios and other wireless signals.Disables all wireless connection.
- 2Since your wireless features are turned off, you will be able to save some cell standby time. If you are running down on battery juice and you want to extend it to the last squeeze, disabling your wireless radios can help.Saves your battery.
- 3If you are having a problem with your network reception and you want to refresh you network radio, you usually turn off your phone. Switching the Flight mode to "On" will turn off your network radio. Switching it "Off" will turn on your network radio back. When you enable and disable flight mode on your device, your network radio will go on the same process as when you turn off and on your device.Alternative to phone restarts.
- 4When you are in places where you are required to turn off your phone to prevent signal interference, switching to Flight mode is a better alternative.Alternative to phone shutdown.
- 5Not a lot of people know this but enabling flight mode will allow your phone to charge faster. Your phone would seem to charge faster when it is consuming the least power. This is because the less power you are using while charging, the less power loss you will have and the faster will your phone go to full battery.Allows you to charge faster.
Questions and Answers
I have Android 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S3, and the more menu in the settings app doesn't appear as you show it - rather the connection menu does, however in none of the menu's do I see a flight mode option, would you please advise where I can find it?. I have tried: Looking in all the settings app menus. I think it was caused by: I don't have a clue
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.