Tune a Trumpet
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. This is a video tutorial series on how to play the trumpet. In the previous tutorial, we taught you how to gain endurance to play long notes. In this tutorial, we'll teach you how to tune your trumpet. For this tutorial, we will be using a Bach Stradivarius Model 37 Bb trumpet.
- 4If you are in a band or orchestra, you must learn to tune your trumpet so that you play in tune with other brass players in your group as well as with the rest of the orchestra.You should not be flat or sharp against another person. If you want to play a Bb note on the trumpet, you must find a position for the tuning slide so that you do not play flat or sharp. When you pull out the tuning slide, the note will become flat or go lower in pitch. This happens owing to your having extended the tubes that the air has to flow through, which lowers the pitch.
- 10Find a good spot between 0.4-1.2 in (1-3 cm).Then, continue to adjust your tuning slide to sound in unison with other trumpet players in the orchestra or ensemble. Another way to tune your trumpet is by using your mouth. You can fluctuate the pitch with embouchure or by utilizing breathing. Now, let's play C and bend the note up or down using the lips. It's recommended that beginning trumpet players use the tuning valve in order to have a sound that is not too flat or too sharp.Advertisement
This has been a VisiHow tutorial on how to tune the trumpet correctly. If you're having trouble tuning your trumpet, then simply leave your questions, comments or suggestions in the area below; and we'll do our best to get back to you. Thanks for choosing VisiHow! Have a great day!
See more tutorials on playing the trumpet:
- Tune a Trumpet
- Play Staccato on the Trumpet
- Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
- Play Legato on the Trumpet
- Empty Spit out of the Trumpet
- Play with Lips Trills on the Trumpet
- Improve Double Tonguing Notes on the Trumpet
- Play Arpeggios on the Trumpet
- Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
- Play Intervals on Trumpet
- Do Buzzing Exercises When Playing the Trumpet
- Use Your Diaphragm for Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz When Playing the Trumpet
- Hold the Trumpet
- Single Tongue the Trumpet
- Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
- Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Video: Tune a Trumpet
Questions and Answers
How should I adjust my part in order to fix this shift?
I am composing a trumpet part for my music theory class. The trumpet is tuned to B flat but my teacher told me that the trumpet sounds a half step down from how I have written it. This is a Music Theory question about composing music
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Toradze