Trust In The Bible
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Robbi, Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo and 1 other
Can we trust in the bible? Is it a book of just myth or fairy tales? We can absolutely trust in God and his word! How can we? Because everything God has foretold thousands of years ago, has come true! The bible foretold a characteristic of the time we live in, for it calls the era that began with World War I in 1914 "The last days" and says that they would bring "critical times hard to deal with" where men would be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, and so on.( 2 Timothy 3:1-4.) There was also a theory about the earth being supported by elephants, but the bible stated what has since been established as scientific truth, -that the earth is "hanging" in space. In addition to that, over 2,000 years before the time of Christopher Columbus, the bible clearly stated that the earth is round, at Isaiah 40:22.
Another fulfillment we see happening around us today is what Matthew chapter 24 verses 7 tells us.." For nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another". Hasn't that proved true? There are so many more bible prophecies that have been fulfilled, and ones that are happening now! So how can you trust the bible yourself? Here are some ways:
First Things First
Trusting in the bible entails trust in God. The bible clearly states in Psalm 14:1 that foolish men do not believe in God. The bible's teaching is intended for His children and to do so, you must admit of a need to trust in Him. But how do you do that? You must be asking for revelations, signs or miracles that will clearly show you the need to trust in Him. This is spoken in 1 Corinthians 1:22. Do not fear to trust an unknown future to a known God. But you ask how do you trust Him? Simply by trusting in Jesus as your Lord and personal Savior, and with all your heart and soul. Here's how:
- A-Admit that you are a sinner and Ask for forgiveness. (See Romans 5:8; 6:23.)
- B-Believe in Jesus. Become a child of God by accepting Christ.. (See John 14:6.)
- C-Confess that Jesus is your Lord. (Romans 10:9)
Note: Receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior gives you the Lord's favor and with this, the help of the Holy Ghost which ultimately guides the way to a more rewarding and blessed life, as well as natural trust in the Bible.
Steps in Trusting the Bible
- 1Read God's Word Daily.Advertisement
- 2Meditate on what you read.Advertisement
- 3Pray to God to help you understand the bible.
- 4Apply what you learn.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks, and Warning
- As a born-again, it is your duty to read the bible daily, seek at a local church you may grow with, and share the gospel to other people.
- Receiving Christ does not automatically grant you with a license to neither sin nor will God ask you to change your ways 360 degrees instantly. It takes time, patience and a lot of moment in prayer with Him.
- Sometimes, you don't need the answers to life's entire question. You have to trust and obey Him just as you would an unknown driver or pilot driving you to a destination.
Categories : Holy Bible
Recent edits by: Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Robbi, Charmed