Troubleshoot Windows Lumia Start-Up Problems
Edited by Sean Zylow, Eng
If your phone has frozen or will not start, the Windows Device Recovery Tool can help you reset and recover your phone software at home. The tool can also be used on phones that start, but have a BitLocker recovery screen.
Caution: Using the Windows Device Recovery Tool will erase all content stored on your phone, including apps and games (along with app data and game progress), text messages, call history, music, photos and more. If possible, back up your phone first (settings > backup). You will be able to restore a backup once the recovery is complete.
NOTE: The recovery process may take some time depending on your internet connection speed, and you cannot use your phone during the installation. The latest approved version of the software in your phone and model will be installed.
Download and install Windows Device Recovery Tool to your computer (available for Windows 7, or newer). If possible, make sure that your phone has enough battery power. When the installation has finished, start the application and the main screen will appear.
Using Windows Device Recovery Tool
- 1If your phone is not automatically detected, disconnect all phones from your computer and press My phone was not detected at the bottom of the main screen.Advertisement
- 2If prompted, select the phone manufacturer.Advertisement
- 3Connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
- 4If the phone is not connected within one minute you can try restarting your phone: keep the USB connected, and press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously. Release the keys when the phone vibrates.Wait for your computer to detect the connected phone and follow the screen instructions.
- 5Press Install software to start installing the software to your phone.
- 6If your SIM has a PIN code, you will need enter your SIM PIN code at this stage.Once the installation is complete, the phone will restart.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Sean Zylow