Troubleshoot On Your Own When Your Computer Does Not START / BOOT
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, Eng
If your computer shows the Windows logo but fails
- 1Restart your computer immediately.Advertisement
- 2If the issue persist after you restart, restart your computer again and this time press F8, this will then lead you to * # Windows Advanced Options.Select the Last Known Good Configuration then press enter.Advertisement
- 3If your computer still does not continue signing in and you have added a new hardware device, remove the hardware device and then reboot your computer.
If you are seeing an error Non-system disk or disk error
- 1Check your CD drive and make sure that there are no CD and or your USB and make sure that there is no USB drive with * * # Windows or software that makes the computer tries to boot from it.
- 2Use your Windows CD and perform a repair installation.
- 3Use your CD and perform a Windows reinstallation.
- 4Check your First Boot device make sure that the first boot device is the CD-ROM.
No Disk or No Boot device
- Turn off your computer and unplug from the outlet, open your computer and reseat the hard drive then put it back again. Then turn on your computer.
Computer does not turn ON
- 1Check if your power cord is properly connected.Advertisement
- 2Reseat your hard drive then put it back again.Then turn on your computer.
- 3Try to remove the CD-ROM drive from the power supply, and then turn on your computer.If there is still no power then continue.
- 4Reseat the video card if you have a video card that is not integrated to the motherboard.Then turn on your computer.
- 5Remove the video card (if not integrated) then turn on your computer.
- 6Check the motherboard light, if there is a light indication from the motherboard.If the motherboard light is not on, the possible cause is that your motherboard needs replacement and or possibly the power supply already needs replacement.
- 7You may first try to replace the power supply.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.