Troubleshoot Lumia when It Doesn't Work for You
Edited by Sean Zylow, Eng
Try these fixes if, for example, your phone randomly reboots, freezes or does not switch on, if an app crashes, if you have sound problems, or if the screen is blank:
- Charge your phone. Charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.
- Restart your phone. Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. Release and the phone will restart. After this operation, you may need to set the date and time on the phone. If the problem persists, reset and restore your phone as instructed below.
- Reset your phone.
NOTE: This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings.
Before continuing with the reset, make sure your phone's battery level is above 50%. To check the remaining battery life, go to Settings > System > Battery saver (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > battery saver). If you are not able to check it, or the level is too low, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.
Reset your phone by using the phone settings. Select Settings > System > About > Reset your phone (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > About > Reset your phone).
However, if you cannot access the phone settings, follow the steps below:
- 1Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously. Release the keys when the phone vibrates and then immediately press and hold the volume down key until the phone displays an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Release the volume down key.Disconnect the charger.Advertisement
- 2volume up, volume down, power, and volume down. Lumia 950 XL users: the physical key combinations differ slightly compared to other Lumias.Press the volume and power keys in the following order:Advertisement
- 3During the reset you will see gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes, after which the screen goes blank for about 30 seconds and then your phone will restart.Wait for your phone to reset.
- 4Make sure that you have the date and time set correctly. Select Settings > Time & language > Date & time (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > date+time).Go through the initial phone setup.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Troubleshoot Lumia when It Doesn't Work for You. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Troubleshoot_Lumia_when_It_Doesn%27t_Work_for_You
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Troubleshoot Lumia when It Doesn't Work for You." VisiHow, visihow.com/Troubleshoot_Lumia_when_It_Doesn%27t_Work_for_You Accessed 23 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Troubleshoot Lumia when It Doesn't Work for You." Accessed May 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Troubleshoot_Lumia_when_It_Doesn%27t_Work_for_You.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Sean Zylow