Trim Your Eyebrows with Scissors
Edited by Kara, Doug Collins, Dougie, lucypride and 4 others
Hi, you are watching VisiHow. My name is Kara and today I will show you how to trim your eyebrows. You probably don't want them to grow too long or be too bushy. Even with my eyebrows, which are naturally too thin, there is the tendency of growing too long. In this video, I will show you how to cut the eyebrow hair in the right way so that it looks good. Let's start.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Trim Your Eyebrows with Scissors
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Referencing this Article
- 5 Comments
- 1For example, you cannot use the cuticle scissors which you would normally use on fingernails because they are curved. Scissors for the eyebrows need to be perfectly straight. If you use cuticle scissors you will end up with some parts of the eyebrows longer and some shorter and it will be a mess.When you trim your eyebrows, you need to pick the right scissors.Advertisement
- 9Again, use the same technique to gently lift up the eyebrow hair so that the excess is sticking out on the other side of the brush. Then, keeping the scissors horizontal cut off the excess. It is harder to cut the hair on the left side, for me, because the hair grows in the opposite direction and I am right-handed.Trim the eyebrow above your left eye.
- 13If you have any questions or would like any more tips on beauty and makeup, please leave your comments and questions in the section below. Thank you, bye-byeThank you for watching me trimming my eyebrows.Advertisement
Video: Trim Your Eyebrows with Scissors
Questions and Answers
How to trim eyebrows? Will this make them less thick and more thin and can I use cuticle scissors?
I only have cuticle scissors at the moment, so could I use that to trim my eyebrows as they has a very long hairs and are hard to groom when I do my eyebrows each day. I'm also worried if I trim my eyebrows will this make them thinner I would love my eyebrows to be strong and thick while trimmed without making them thin?
Trimming your eyebrows will not make them thinner but waxing does. You could use cuticle scissors if that is all you have available to you but if they are dull they may pull the hair out instead of trim the eyebrow and they also are curved so they are not the best option. You should wait until you can purchase a proper pair of scissors.
How can I do it on my own? I don't know how?
Trimming your eyebrows is difficult to me.
Practice makes perfect. With all make up and grooming applications there is some sort of learning curve. Go slowly and step by step trim your eyebrows. Do not cut as short as you want at first so that if you mess up it will be less noticeable and easier to fix.
I'm 14 a boy and I just want to give my eyebrows some shape because they're a little thick?
That's it in the your question box. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: I'm not sure
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Trim Your Eyebrows with Scissors. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Trim_Your_Eyebrows_with_Scissors
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Trim Your Eyebrows with Scissors." VisiHow, visihow.com/Trim_Your_Eyebrows_with_Scissors Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Trim Your Eyebrows with Scissors." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Trim_Your_Eyebrows_with_Scissors.
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: Maria, adeogo, Eng