Treat others the way God intended
Edited by Ephraim, Charmed, Nate Pepperell, Innocent Yogo and 4 others
This article will be on how to care for people the way that God cares for His people. This will help enlighten people on strategies and ways that they can care for people instead of the evil way and looking down of people the way that people do today. Ever hear people say "what would Jesus do? Well this is a guide to give people the answer to what would Jesus do on subjects and situations that we face everyday about other people.
In Matthew 7:12 "in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you"
- 1Many people feel as if people are mean, evil and careless but it is often a reflection of one true self and the actions that they cause themselves. The verse above is known as the "Golden Rule" a rule that Jesus gives us on how to treat other people. Even if someone treats you in a bad manner remember to always treat them the way you want to be treated regardless of how they might treat you for this is the Christian way of doing things and living.Read this passage and understand that this passage is saying that if you do not wish for other to do something to you then do not do it to them to start wit.Advertisement
- 2This rule is basically a broad explanation for what to do in all cases so that a person does not need to look for answers to what to do next when engaging with a person for this rule is broad and as simple as it can get on that subject.Understand that these rules disregard the need for revenge, cheating and deceitfulness regardless of how another person may treat you in your everyday life.Advertisement
- 3That Jesus even forgave the authorities and the soldiers who facilitated the process up to the final step which LED to his crucifixion on Cavalry. You will realize how painful the experience of Jesus is with the nails pierced right through the palms and the nerves of his hands and right through the soles and nerves of his feet. Jesus even forgave the robbers who were also posted to their own respective crosses on the left and right of Jesus. You can see Jesus' kind heart when he forgives people who have forsaken him, but still He knows that they have their own place in heaven. So, there is no reason why you should not be a forgiving person yourself. Actually, it is bad for your heart and overall health if you keep your hatred and animosity to yourself. Let these bad emotions out by forgiving completely and sincerely, and you will understand the character of God.Keep in mind that forgiveness is a character of God and His Son Jesus.
- 4Some people try to debate on exactly what they need to do in certain situations but this golden rule kills all debate and lays the law down simply by letting us know what to do onto others. Whenever you want or desire help remember this rule for if you have followed this rule then you will have no need to worry when assistance is needed or you are going through troubles where you will need a neighbor to come to your rescue. If you do not enjoy being treated a certain way instead of lashing back in revenge just continue to do what you feel is right an right by god and his word and you will be blessed beyond any measure.Keep balance for you in all situations and lets you know how to react to things that may arise in everyday life with others.
- Other verses that explain this are John said: "If someone says, 'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen (1 John 4:20, NKJV)
- James said: "My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, 'You sit here in a good place,' and say to the poor man, 'You stand there,' or 'Sit here at my footstool,' have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts" (James 2:1 - 4)
- James said: "Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called" (James 2: 5 - 7).
- 5Hate should not live in your heart about no fellow man, which is not to say that we should like the all but love them the same way that god loves his children who do not do right all the time just as you may also be a lost sheep at times.Realize that god is explaining how you can love him but cannot completely understand and love him until you take the step to love your neighbors also in the same sense.
- 6Know that no man is perfect only God is perfect so understand that if you make a mistake or do the wrong thing against somebody that you can always ask for forgiveness and make up with that person for the wrong you have done or caused.
- 7Know that in everything we do we will have to face the judgment of god and the bible speaks of these things that we will be judged on pertaining to how we treat our fellow neighbor.
- James 2:12. Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
- John 5:24. "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
- Romans 8:1. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
- Matthew 12:36. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.
- Jeremiah 31:34. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the Lord. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." Hebrews 10:17. "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."
These verses are told to let us know that we will be judged for the things we say, act and do unto others on the day of judgment. As Christians we need to remember these things and how to treat others in everyday life for one day we will be judged on the things that we have done and no one will be there on our judgment day but us (as an individual) so it is important that we treat our neighbors with respect for this is the way that god intended and how god acts towards us all regardless of what we have done and continue to do everyday.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Treat others the way God intended. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Treat_others_the_way_God_intended
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Treat others the way God intended." VisiHow, visihow.com/Treat_others_the_way_God_intended Accessed 24 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Treat others the way God intended." Accessed Jun 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Treat_others_the_way_God_intended.
Categories : Christianity
Recent edits by: Jonathan, Maria, Eng