Treat and Improve Your Skin's Health with Aloe Vera
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Robbi, Eng, Graeme and 3 others
Who would not love to have healthy and glowing skin?
Clear, soft and smooth skin is considered to be one of a girl's best assets. The skin can tell so much about a person. People will know if you keep a good skin hygiene, if you lack sleep or if you are not a healthy eater. It is therefor very important that you give it proper care at all times.
There are a lot of over-the-counter skin care products which can help you maintain excellent skin. If you check the label, a lot of skin products contain Aloe Vera. So what's with this plant, that you find it in almost all products?
For centuries, Aloe Vera has been known for many uses due to its health, beauty, medicinal and skin care properties. Aloe vera (barbadensis miller) basically grows in dry regions of America, Asia, Africa and Europe. Egyptians call it the Plant of Immortality due to its many uses in the medicine world, especially for the skin, like psoriasis, frostbite, sunburn and itching. In fact, the Bible even mentions Aloe Vera magical healing power on the skin.
Since Aloe Vera is known for its amazing dermatological benefits, some tips and information will briefly discussed in this article. Read and enjoy.
- 1 Benefits of Aloe Vera
- 2 How to Use Aloe Vera on Your Skin
- 3 Homemade Aloe Vera Facial Mask for Different Skin Conditions
- 4 Other Skin Problems Where Aloe Vera Maybe of Use
- 5 Important Reminder When Using Aloe Vera
- 6 Tips on How to Take Care of Your Skin
- 7 Comments
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- 1It can be used as a moisturizer.Many ointments used today are mixed with Aloe Vera. It helps moisturize the skin.Advertisement
- 2It can be used to treat different kinds of skin disease.Aloe vera has done well in treating many skin disease like fungal infections. It can also be used as simple treatment for a small wound.Advertisement
- 3It helps lessen signs of aging.Aging is one of the biggest dilemmas for some people, and the appearance of wrinkles can even make certain people feel even more of their ages. Aloe vera has components that make the skin more elastic, thus reducing wrinkle lines.
- 4It can be used on stretch marks.Being pregnant or having a baby is one of the happiest moments a mother could ever ask for, but not the stretch marks. Aloe vera gel can be used as a topical solution to help with these.
- 5The anti-microbial element of Aloe Vera helps lighten the effects of pimples and acne.
How to Use Aloe Vera on Your Skin
- 1Cut a small part of the Aloe Vera.Advertisement
- 2Squeeze it a little bit to make the gel come out.
- 3Apply it all over your skin.
Homemade Aloe Vera Facial Mask for Different Skin Conditions
Aloe Facial Pack for Your Dry Skin
You Will Need:
- Aloe vera
- Cottage cheese
- Lemon juice
- 1Mix two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel and cottage cheese.Advertisement
- 2Add several dates (seedless).
- 3Add in sliced cucumber and the lemon juice; then blend together.
- 4You should create a paste out of the ingredients.
- 5Apply the mask on the neck and face.
- 6Leave it for 30 minutes.Then rinse with cold water.
- 7Have a follow up wash with lukewarm water then with cold water again.
Aloe Detox Facial Pack
You Will Need:
- Aloe vera
- Lime juice
- Mango fruit
- 1In a blender, mix sliced mango fruit and aloe gel.
- 2When you have created a paste out of the two, add the lime juice.
- 3Apply the mask on the face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- 4Rinse with cold water.
- 5Enjoy a cleansing and refreshing effect.
Aloe Pack for a Glowing Skin
You Will Need:
- Aloe vera
- Rose water
- 1Add all the ingredients together, except for the Aloe Vera.
- 2Add a few rose water drops.
- 3Make a paste out of the mixture.
- 4Add the Aloe Vera gel.
- 5Mix again until you achieve the right consistency.
- 6Apply the mixture to your face and neck and leave for 20 minutes.
- 7You my use cold or lukewarm water to rinse.
- 8Pat dry.Enjoy glowing skin.
Other Skin Problems Where Aloe Vera Maybe of Use
- 1Skin burns.Aloe vera is believed to alleviate pain and speed up the healing process of certain kinds of burns like "partial thickness burns", by being applied on the affected area.
- 2Skin damage from radiation in cancer treatment.It hasn't been completely proven yet, but Aloe Vera gel, when applied to skin after radiation, seems to help decrease the damage created. Some proof does show that it can delay the formation of damage on the skin.
- 3Bed Sores.Applying Aloe Vera gel to bedsores can help heal the condition.Advertisement
(All the suggestions above are suggestions from different users that may work for some but not for others. Consulting a doctor is still best before using Aloe Vera.)
Important Reminder When Using Aloe Vera
Though the Aloe Vera gel can be used as a topical solution to some skin ailments, one should be very careful with application and preparation. Do not squeeze the leaf after cutting it. Doing so will only trigger the release of the toxic element found in the plant called aloin. When the toxin touches the skin, it may cause some irritation. Rather than cutting and squeezing, use a sharp knife to fillet the leaf. (Make use of latex gloves for protection) Cut the leaf into two and scrape off the gel. The gel is yellow in color and should be stored in cool place like a refrigerator to keep its freshness.
Tips on How to Take Care of Your Skin
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Handle stress positively.
- Never smoke.
- Use skin protection against the sun.
- Get enough sleep
- Use only safe skin care products.
- Moisturize your skin daily.
- Eat food which are good for the skin.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Aloe Vera Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Maria Sharon Ubando, Anonymous, Graeme