Treat Swimmers Ear with Homemade Ear Drops
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Jonathan, Robbi and 1 other
Swimming is a sport which is enjoyed the world over. It is considered recreational and fun, but it's also a great way to stay healthy. Swimming promotes a strong heart and lungs.
Swimming is not without problems in it's own right, however. One issue that can crop up is the onset of swimmer's ear. In fairness, swimmers ear does not come only from swimming.
Swimmer's ear can also manifest itself even if you are not a swimmer. Bathing and showering may be a causative agent and certainly one that you cannot avoid.
Any time that you have water standing in the ears it can cause problems. Fortunately there are some natural treatments which can help to treat it, although they are not a substitute for reasonable medical care.
- 2Gather the things needed to make homemade ear drops.Advertisement
- Tea tree oil:
- Olive oil:
- White vinegar:
- 3Boil 1/4 or 1/2 cup of water in a teapot.The water to be used may be a mineral water for purposes of safety. Wait until the water boils. When the water boiled, put it in a cup or container that will not be destroyed by the hot water. If using a container, make sure it can absorb the heat of the water.
- 4Mix the white vinegar, olive oil and the tea tree oil into the boiling water.The mixture of the three will mostly have a positive effect in treating the ears. After mixing the white vinegar, olive oil, and tea tree oil, wait until the water turns lukewarm before applying it to the ear. When it is hot, it may hurt your ear. The heat of the mixture should be tolerable for the body. If not, it will be better not to apply it yet.
- 5When the mixture is lukewarm, get the funnel and the cup with the mixture.Ask for somebody's assistance to put the mixture into your ears. Don't do it yourself if it is your first time. You may not be able to control the amount of fluid by yourself. Thus it may cause you trouble.
- 6If you have found somebody to assist you in putting in the fluid, position yourself on a sofa, bed, chair or table, with the infected ear facing upward.Lay your head on a pillow.
- 7Place a towel on the pillow to avoid getting the pillow wet whenever the ear drops flow.You can also use the towel to wipe up the flow of the ear drops.
- 8When lying on the pillow, relax yourself and ask your assistant to position the funnel in your ear.Ask him or her to put the mixture into your ear slowly. While he is putting in the mixture, relax yourself.
- 9After putting in the homemade drops, stay lying on the pillow for at least two to three minutes.This is to wait for the fluid to sink into your ears. If you stand up immediately, the homemade drops will not flow into your ears, and will drip out when you sit or stand up.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Robbi, Jonathan, Eng