Treat Respiratory Problems and Lung Disease with Garlic
Edited by abdoul sow, Robbi, Anonymous, Lynn and 20 others
If you suffer from an acute respiratory illness, the simple act of breathing – inhaling and exhaling, can be debilitating.
Although you should always consult a physician when you have problems breathing, medicine may not be the only option for treating respiratory ailments. After discussing alternative remedies with your doctor, and upon his consent, you can try some of the following natural preparations.
Garlic is not only an herb used to flavor the culinary dishes of almost every culture; it's been used to treat or prevent diseases and ailments since ancient history was in the making, and is still used to this day. In a controlled study, people who ate raw garlic at a minimum of twice a week had a 44 percent lower risk of getting lung cancer. When the garlic is crushed, alliin turns into allicin, an antibiotic that fights against fungal and bacterial infection. And it also protects the body against parasites, viruses, and yeast infections. Before the synthetic antibiotics were created, garlic was used as a medicine to treat infections. Garlic contains sulfhydryl, allicin, and sulfur-containing compounds that defend against various diseases. Taking a garlic supplement or consuming more garlic is a good idea to boost your immune system.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Other Procedures
- 3 What Causes Lung Disease
- 4 How to Diagnose Sarcoidosis Lung Disease
- 5 Treating Sarcoidosis Lung Disease
- 6 Treatments for Interstitial Lung Disease
- 7 Primary Cause of CF (Cystic Fibrosis)
- 8 The Truth Behind Cystic Fibrosis
- 9 Tips
- 10 Warnings
- 11 Questions and Answers
- 11.1 Will eating whole bud of garlic/day help me? I am coughing up tiny worms?
- 11.2 Do garlic oils help kill cancer cells?
- 11.3 Do garlic oils help with newborn lung problems?
- 11.4 I was exposed to asbestos fibers.
- 11.5 I feel I have phlegm in my throat and my breath smells from time to time, what is that?
- 11.6 I am allergic to dust. I get this breathlessness once a month.
- 11.7 I have been suffering from lung problems for more than 20 years.
- 11.8 My breathing is short, and activity is hard for me.
- 11.9 I was exposed to asbestos on a construction site for 1 day.
- 11.10 I have a severe repertory infection. I was wondering if there is anything besides the usual methods to help.
- 11.11 How to treat chronic bronchitis and bronchiectasis?
- 11.12 I live in Arizona and contracted Valley Fever (Fungus) for the 2nd time about 3 months ago. I also had micro bacterium atrium (MAC) for 2 years and was treated with 3 kinds of conventional antibiotics. Much of my lung tissues are damaged. I have bronchiectasis now. I believe in eating fresh garlic and eat 3-10 cloves a day. However, I still cough up yellow-green mucus daily. I don't want to take more antibiotics. Please help?
- 11.13 My son has a cough, with a wheezing sound and runny nose.
- 11.14 My husband has Pulmonary Fibrosis. What natural remedy can he take?
- 11.15 Can garlic and pineapple juice be good?
- 11.16 I have 1cm node in left lung, non cancerous.
- 11.17 I am 37 years old male diagnosed with ILD.
- 11.18 Hi I am from India and my mother is suffering from "Moderate Restrictive Ventilator Defect". Please suggest a treatment for her?
- 11.19 What is a look? I am not familiar with that term?
- 12 Comments
- 1One of the most effective methods for treating acute respiratory illnesses involves Steam Inhalations.Advertisement
What you'll need:
- An enamel or porcelain pot.
- A clean dry towel.
- One or more of the following potent herbs:
- Garlic – onion - radish – horseradish – pine needles - poplar buds – pine buds.
What you do.
- Chop or grate the herbs.
- Place about half a cup your choice of potent herbs such as onion, garlic, radish, horseradish, pine needles or poplar and pine buds.
- WARNING – don't use any herbs you're allergic to.
- You can also add 'softer' herbs like lavender, eucalyptus, and oregano.
- Grate three to eight cloves of garlic and whatever other herbs you choose, and put them into the pot.
- Pour four cups of boiling water over the herbs.
- Wait a couple of minutes.
- Cover your head with the towel, draping it over the pot.
- Stay at least six inches from the pot of herbs and breathe.
- Repeat several times a day with fresh herbs for 5-10 minutes each session.
- WARNING!!! 17 children have been scalding by the water during the process. Don't practice this with kids, and keep them away from the pot of hot hot hot water.
- 1This is effective for various respiratory diseases from the common cold and coughs to angina, bronchitis, asthma and pneumonia.
- 2The onion is the best remedy to fight against angina, but garlic is most effective when it comes to lung disease.Radish and horseradish are universal, effective and enjoyable for all those remedies, unlike the pine needles and buds grains, which have very strong germicidal properties. As a result, they will worsen the condition of people with a tendency to allergies.Advertisement
- 3Mix two chopped onions, 100 grams of sugar and 100 grams of honey.Infuse the mixture with half a liter of boiling water and continue to boil for three hours, or until it reduces to a syrup constancy. Do not forget to stir the mixture occasionally. Take 1-2 tablespoons brown syrup three times a day to treat cough, bronchitis and even tuberculosis.
- 4Infuse a tablespoon of chamomile with a glass of boiling water and continue to boil the infusion for 10 minutes.Strain into a mug and add honey. Use it as a gargle. The procedure is recommended for soar throats and tonsillitis.
- 2Drink tea made up of spices.A recipe might include peppercorns, 4 cloves cardamom, cinnamon, a pinch of ginger, 3 cloves of garlic, and a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds. Place them into 2 cups of water and boil until the water is reduced by half. This must be hot and taken three times a day for best results. Garlic is the best thing to consume for any kind of bacterial infection, and helps alleviate fever. Change bedding every 2 or 3 days. Wear clean clothes. These small steps give a lot of relief and makes healing faster.
- 3Add garlic to all your soups.The salt, hydration, and heat fight against the cold virus. Laboratory research has found the ingredients in soup that includes vegetables can kill viral cells and prevent the formation of new ones. The soup may also have an anti-inflammatory effect on the upper respiratory tract, which will aid in soothing the symptoms. Chicken soup is known for its cold-fighting properties. People with sensitivities to salt, or who have food allergies, may experience side effects from chicken soup. Garlic bread is also a good choice. Boiling destroys medicinal properties. So add garlic to stews, salads and vegetables before serving.
- 4At the first sign of a sore throat, achy muscles, or a runny nose, peel a clove of garlic, cut into half and place one in each cheek.This infuses your saliva with garlic's healing properties. Commercially grown garlic could be treated with chemical sprays. Choose organic garlic.
- 5Garlic cough medicine.
- Put 1 pound of peeled and sliced garlic in a jar.
- Pour water and apple cider vinegar in equal proportions to the top.
- Put the lid on the jar.
- Let it sit for 4 to 5 hours.
- Strain into a clean container.
- Add honey to taste.
- Store in a cool place.
- Shake well before you using.
- 1 tablespoon may be taken 3 to 4 times a day.
- Crush 2 whole peeled cloves of garlic through a press.
- Add to 1 cup of honey or real maple syrup.
- Take one teaspoon every hour.
- 1Aside from adjusting your diet, another way to cure or prevent respiratory disease is to make your environment free from dust, dampness, allergens and smoke.Practice healthy exercise such as Yoga. Although natural remedies are effective, it is best to consult this to your physician.
- 2Get the benefits from garlic by consuming it raw in your food.Finely mince or chop your garlic and add it to your food. Eat at least 1 full clove of garlic a day, if not more.
- 3You may take garlic in supplement form.Garlic capsules can be bought in health food stores, supermarkets, or drug stores. It is a good way to include garlic in your diet. If you're worried about bad breath, buy garlic and parsley tablets.
- 4Brew a garlic tea to cure respiratory infections.When you have a cough or feel like a sore throat is coming on, chop a garlic clove and place it in boiling water. Let it sit for several minutes to let the allicin infuse into the water. Strain the minced garlic and drink the tea. And then you will experience a cooling effect in your throat, as the garlic will ease inflamed tissue.
- 5Consume garlic, as well as other all-natural herbal supplements that boost the immune system like vitamin C supplements.Because of garlic's strong odor and taste, several people prefer to take supplements rather than eating it raw. This can be in the form of garlic oil, aged garlic, tablets, capsules and garlic powder.
What Causes Lung Disease
As much as the human race has invented and created things to make life more interesting and healthier, they have also created and invented many things that are making them sick.
While people worry about cancer, they forget about all the other illnesses that can affect them in terrible ways. Oxygen originates in the lungs. When the lungs are unable to produce sufficient oxygen, the rest of your body does not get enough oxygen. It affects every organ in the body, including the heart.
Who says that lung diseases are only rampant among men? As a matter of fact, as time passes by, the number of women who are being affected by various kinds of lung diseases is dramatically increasing. Just in the United States, the number of women with lung diseases is quite staggering.
Experts don't know all the causes of lung disease. Of course, they know the causes of the most common one's, but when it comes to the rare lung diseases, it seems as if they're still trying to figure it out. Below are some of the most common causes of lung disease:
- 1Smoking.There is no doubt that this cause is #1 on the list. Whether the smoke comes from pipes, cigars, or cigarettes, the fact remains that smoking is the number 1 killer of the lungs health and wellness. There are actually 2 options when it comes to this: Never smoke or quit smoking. When it comes to second hand smoke, AVOID IT!Advertisement
- 2Asbestos.Asbestos is a mineral fiber that is often being used in fireproofing materials, insulation, car brakes and other items. Because it's made of tiny fibers, these can be inhaled without even seeing them. The asbestos fibers cause scarring of the lungs, and damages lung cells, and may cause Lung Cancer.
Types of Lung Diseases
Basically, lung disease pertains to certain kinds of disorders that target the lungs. These diseases, even colds, make breathing difficult, as it hinders the body from acquiring sufficient oxygen. Among the most common lung diseases are:
- 2Chronic Bronchitis
- 3Infections like Pneumonia and Influenza
- 5Pulmonary Fibrosis
- 6Lung Cancer
- 8Cystic Fibrosis
How to Diagnose Sarcoidosis Lung Disease
Diagnosing Sarcoidosis can be done by the following methods:
Treating Sarcoidosis Lung Disease
As quoted by medical experts, there is no definite treatment regimen for Sarcoidosis, yet with 50% of the patients, it just goes away. For some, however, it can cause organ damage and last for a many years. Sarcoidosis are categorized into 2 groups: Medication and ideal healthy practices.
- 2Ideal health practices:
- Regular check ups.
- Well-balanced diet.
- Consumption of 8 up to 10 glasses of water every day (8 ounces per glass).
- Ceasing smoking (see Quit_Smoking).
- Enough sleep (8 hours).
- Regular exercise.
Treatments for Interstitial Lung Disease
- 1Corticosteroids.As mentioned above, there are certain kinds of interstitial lung diseases that cause scarring, as well as cell damage due to the presence of inflammation. Medications, such as Methylprednisone and prednisone could lessen the immune system's activity, thus, decreasing the volume of inflammation, not only in the lungs but in the entire body.
- 2Antibiotics.These are considered an efficient regimen for the majority of Interstitial Pneumonias. Among the most preferred antibiotics are Levofloxacin or Levaquin and Zithromax or Azithromycin. These antibiotics eradicate the bacteria that triggers the Interstitial Pneumonias.
- 3Other Preferred Treatments
- Lung Transplant
- Inhaled Oxygen
- N-acetylcysteine or Mucomyst
- Imuran or Azathioprine
Primary Cause of CF (Cystic Fibrosis)
An individual who has CF has inherited 2 abnormal CF genes, 1 gene from each parent. When both parents are carriers:
- 2There is 50% risk that the child to be born will have 1 abnormal gene, yet won't suffer from the disease
- 3There is 25% risk that the child to be born won't inherit either of the 2 abnormal genes.
The Truth Behind Cystic Fibrosis
Although most popularly known as a lung disease, cystic fibrosis also significantly damages other vital internal organs like the pancreas, liver and intestines. The highest incidence of cystic fibrosis is found in Central and Northern Europe, while Asia and the Middle East have the lowest. In United States alone, Cystic Fibrosis affects close to 50,000 children and adults. Every year, around a thousand new documented cases are added to the list. This condition is caused by the mutation in the protein cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR), a gene in chromosome 7 that plays a significant role in the regulation of sweat, mucus, digestive glands and other bodily secretions. This inherited condition can be life threatening. Up until the last few decades, the life expectancy was about 20 years, but due to significant changes in symptoms, now in the USA, the life expectancy is 37.5 years.
- 1Symptoms.The signs and symptoms of cystic fibrosis may vary from one child to another, according to the severity. In some children, symptoms show up during infancy and childhood, however, in some incidences, symptoms only appear during adolescent or the early adulthood years. The signs and symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis can be respiratory and digestive in nature. The sticky and thick mucus produced by Cystic Fibrosis obstructs the flow of air, and as a result, the obstruction triggers persistent coughing accompanied with thick spits, wheezing, breathlessness, decreased energy, recurring lung infections and inflammation of the nasal passages. A child exhibiting any of these symptoms should be checked by a doctor. In addition, digestive enzymes are also blocked by the sticky mucus, making it difficult for the patient to fully digest food and absorb the nutrients. Thus, children suffering from cystic fibrosis are noted to experience a foul smell in their stool, poor weight gain and severe constipation. Rectal prolapse, or the protruding of the rectum inside the anus, has also been observed in a significant number of children with this condition. Immediate medical care is recommended for children with any of these symptoms. The earlier the condition is detected, the sooner medical intervention can be provided.
- 2Resulting complications.Cystic fibrosis can also trigger a number of complications and illnesses. Cystic Fibrosis, due to the damage it does to the airways, bronchitis, chronic lung infections, nasal polyps due to the inflammation of the lining inside the nose, coughing up blood or hemoptysis, pneumothorax accompanied by chest pains and breathlessness, collapse of the lungs and respiratory failure. This condition also leads to a number of digestive complications such as nutritional deficiencies, diabetes, obstruction and inflammation of the bile duct, rectal prolapse and intussusception or the accordion-like folding of a part of the patient's intestines. Other complications associated with Cystic Fibrosis are infertility among men, risky pregnancy for women, osteoporosis and electrolyte imbalance.
- 3Testing and Diagnosis.Since Cystic Fibrosis is largely hereditary, babies with a family history of this condition should be tested, before symptoms arrive. Newborn screening is done through blood samples, sweat testing and genetic testing. Even in highly industrialized screening, only centers specifically dedicated to Cystic Fibrosis are equipped to conduct newborn screening for CF. Older children and adults are also advised to take sweat and genetic tests. After a patient has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, regular laboratory exams such as imaging tests, lung function tests, sputum culture and organ function tests are still to be administered.Advertisement
- Consuming garlic daily may reduce the occurrence of colds. It has antibacterial properties that aid in curing throat irritations. Garlic may also lessen the intensity of upper respiratory tract infections. It makes breathing easier, especially with those who have asthma. It works as an expectorant, and is wonderful for chronic bronchitis.
- Viruses cause colds, making antibiotics ineffective, so you may use natural remedies like garlic.
- Wash your hands often, this will make the duration of the virus shorter, keep your family from catching what you have and perhaps preventing you from getting the virus in the first place.
- It is the allicin in the garlic that makes it an anti viral and anti bacterial.
- Don't use garlic before surgery or if you take blood thinners. If you are scheduled for surgery, stop using garlic two weeks prior to surgery, because garlic can prolong bleeding.
- Avoid garlic if nursing as this may cause indigestion for the baby. Garlic may irritate the stomach.
- Refrain from too much garlic while pregnant.
- Consult your physician before you take any herbal treatments. Most lung diseases need to be assessed by a doctor.
- You should avoid taking garlic if you have gastrointestinal problems.
- Children must not take garlic in large amounts.
- Many people experience bad breath from eating garlic.
- Some people may experience nausea, heartburn, gas, diarrhea, or body odor.
- Don't consume garlic if you are on hypoglycermic drugs.
- Garlic can interact with many medications. Best to check and make sure you're your doctor.
- Garlic may reduce the effectiveness of drugs used for HIV/AIDS, bleeding disorders, tuberculosis, etc. it may also decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills that contain estrogen.
- Since garlic slows down blood clotting, it can increase the risk of bleeding if taken with other supplements that have similar properties. These include ginger, fish oil, turmeric, ginkgo, willow, and vitamin E. Consult a health expert before consuming garlic supplements.
Questions and Answers
Will eating whole bud of garlic/day help me? I am coughing up tiny worms?
Allium Sativum, commonly referred to as garlic, is a powerful antioxidant that can treat all forms of infection, specifically in the respiratory and digestive organs. It is an abundant source of thiamin and germanium, which help boost the body's natural immune defenses enabling one to fight off oral and respiratory infections as well as help speed up healing. Aside from being an important spice for home cooking, garlic is an ingredient that you can use as a natural remedy to combat many illnesses. No home should be without it. Garlic is considered a "superfood" with over 50 vital components that help:
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Prevent strokes.
- Control blood sugar levels.
- Alleviate fever and colds.
- Relieve stress.
- Manage hypertension.
- Manage other cardiovascular diseases.
Garlic is also known to be anti-carcinogenic and antibacterial as it helps flush out harmful toxins from the body, specifically "Alfa toxin", which is considered the primary cause of liver cancer. Garlic is believed to slow down the development of cancer cells. When mixed with olive oil, garlic can help protect you from irritating mosquito bites. The use of garlic in dishes or as a remedy helps detoxify the body, especially from everyday pollutants or exposure to dangerous heavy metals.
Yes. Eating a whole bud of garlic a day or mixed with your favorite dishes is encouraged to strengthen the body's immune system and to treat variety of parasite infections such as a condition known as ascariasis characterized by coughing up of worms or the appearance of worms in the stool. Coughing up worms is a common symptom of any type of parasitic infection. Lungworms and roundworms are considered to be the most common culprits. Garlic is used for to cleanse parasites from the body because of its natural ability to stimulate a bowel movement to rid the body off of parasitic infection such as roundworms. Parasites can be found everywhere - towels, blankets, beds, clothes, pets, food, toys, and can be spread through human contact. This is very dangerous because parasites live off from their human or animal hosts, suck essential nutrients from the body, and leave eggs to ensure prolonged infestation. Your kids could have parasites - mites, bugs, roundworms, tapeworms, candida, fungi, pinworms, and other microscopic pathogens - burrowing and breeding under their skin and internal organs. The key is to always practice proper food handling and home sanitation. It is also recommended to do internal or parasite cleansing especially if you believe that you are infected.
Parasite cleansing programs alongside other "cleanses" such as colon cleanse, liver cleanse, kidney cleanse, and blood cleanse are done with the use of either raw garlic cloves or commercially prepared formulas (in capsule,oil, or powder form). Most people prefer raw garlic buds because it's readily available in the kitchen, it's a more potent form of garlic. Others will choose garlic powder, oil, or capsules because it's not as odorous as raw garlic. The parasite cleanse usually takes about 1 to 2 months for effective and total cleansing and eradication of parasites. It's advisable to consume 1 to 3 cloves of garlic per day. Garlic can also be used alongside other ingredients or supplements such as vitamin C, probiotics, jalapeno peppers, fennel, pineapple juice, and pumpkin seeds; to name some. It's important to stick to the daily cleansing process and also to completely hydrate with water and healthy fruit juices. A high-fiber diet is also recommended for people having the parasite cleanse. Most patients that undergo the cleansing process may experience aggravated symptoms but this will eventually subside after a few days. Seek expert medical advice before undergoing a parasite cleansing program to ensure safe dosages and treatment as well as to avoid any dangerous side-effects, allergies, or complications.
The answer is yes because garlic contains allicin, a broad spectrum antibiotic and antifungal commonly used in treating various kinds of body infections.
Technically, allicin cannot be properly derived from simply eating a whole clove of garlic because of its chemical structure. To properly get the allicin from the garlic, you need to crush or chop the clove finely into smaller bits which means that the smaller the bits, the more allicin content is generated which makes it more effective.
The amino acid alliin also found in garlic, will be converted to allicin by the catalyst enzyme called allinase, after crushing or mincing the garlic. Moreover, the allicin is highly reactive to heat, When you cook the garlic, the allicin will start to degrade.
Do garlic oils help kill cancer cells?
Naturopaths value the importance of garlic, not just to spice up a meal, but as a potent medical herb that has myriad of medicinal purposes for wide variety of ailments. In fact, the use of garlic as both a spice and a remedy dates back to the Egyptian, Greek and Roman civilizations. In early medieval times, it was used as an antidote for poison, and a remedy for common colds, cough, and fever. Louis Pasteur epitomized the antibacterial characteristics of garlic extract. Consuming garlic on a daily basis help strengthen your body's defenses against infections and prevent as well as treat variety of illnesses that include atherosclerosis, sinusitis, heart ailments, hyperlipidemia, and cancer; among others. You do not need exaggerated amounts of garlic to be able to reap its benefits. In fact, you just need to eat around 3-4 grams of crushed garlic daily to enjoy the antimicrobial, antiseptic, and antioxidant effects on your body.
There have been recent studies that link the advantages of garlic oil or raw garlic for preventing and killing cancer cells. It has been found that the anti-carcinogenic components of the "stinking rose" or garlic, is in the sulphur compounds and allicin which effectively blocks carcinogens, fights off harmful free radicals, thins the blood, repairs DNA, hampers cellular division, and enhances apoptosis or commonly referred to as "cellular death". There is a reported lower risk of contracting gastrointestinal, breast, liver, pancreatic, skin, and lung cancers in people who consume garlic on a regular or daily basis. Garlic is a master antioxidant, which aids in the elimination of dangerous toxins from the body. The powerful anti-carcinogenic component of garlic (in oil, powder, extract, or raw forms) works by its capacity to block or reverse carcinogens, delay the progress of tumor growths due to the reduced speed rate of cellular division, and its uncanny ability to kill or destroy cancer cells.
The answer is yes, garlic oils helps in killing cancer cells through the process called apoptosis of the dying of cell. Various laboratory researches from around the world show that the antibacterial properties of garlic helps inhibit or slow the growth of the cancer cells which leads to dying of cancer cells naturally in the body. Other studies show the antioxidant and antibacterial properties of garlic helps in the treatment of Helicobacter pylori, which is believed to cause stomach cancer. Studies also show that eating raw garlic or garlic oil helps to reduce certain types of cancer formation in the body like prostate, breast, colon, stomach, kidney, mouth and throat cancer. Garlic oil also contains anti-cancer compounds like the allyl sulfurm, which prevent or slows the proliferation of cancer cells. To sum it up, garlic oils help slow down the growth of cancer cells and disrupts the cell structure that leads to apoptosis or the dying of the cancer cells.
Do garlic oils help with newborn lung problems?
A newborn is too young to ingest anything. You need to wait.
A newborn baby's immune system and body organs are considerably more delicate compared to older children or adults. They are basically still developing. This is precisely why babies are most prone to lung diseases and other respiratory tract infections such as asthma, bronchitis, cough, sinus infections, bronchospasms, and pneumonia; to name a few.
Naturopaths recommend administering combinations of aromatic medicinal herbs such as garlic alongside mint and pungent herb varieties that include peppermint, fennel, catnip, thyme, rosehips which are said to be potentially safe and effective than over-the-counter (OTC) medicines that could harbor dangerous side-effects with continuous usage. Newborn babies still have immature livers, digestive tract, and other organ systems that need a mild combination of herbs given in relatively small dosages. This is also the main reason why cough syrups are not recommended for children under 4. YOU NEED TO WAIT UNTIL THE BABY IS OVER SIX MONTHS. Don't even give honey to a child under the age of one. There are certain things, many things they don't have the ability to process in their tiny bodies.
Garlic oil is proven to be a very safe and potent remedy for variety of lung conditions that attack babies over six months and young children. Organic or natural remedies are widely accepted and regarded to be much better alternatives to OTC medications and even modern antibiotics. Externally - garlic oil caps can be rubbed gently on the baby's throat, chest, back, and even the feet region to ease throat and nasal congestion, loosen phlegm buildup, facilitate smooth respiratory flow, and reduce fever. Your baby's response to garlic oil or any remedy will tell you if the body is taking it in positively. Observe the baby for 2 to 3 hours and administer small dosages in drops as you go. Herbal remedies are very safe even for your babies over six months, which is why modern moms have garlic oil on top of their list for baby woes.
Mix the garlic into your baby's formula and avoid giving garlic oil directly to your baby because of its potency and intense taste. There are recent studies that show newborn babies love to drink milk mixed with garlic oils. In response to your query, I suggest that after your baby is over six months old, you can feed your baby formula mixed with small dosages of garlic oil twice a day in the morning and in the evening to manage the lung problem, and if the symptoms persist more than a few days, I recommend you consult your local pediatrician for proper medical advice and treatment.
See more questions like this: Sir, how to eliminate ptb or scarring of lungs
I was exposed to asbestos fibers.
I use an inhaler to relieve my breathing. Are there any natural methods to heal my lungs ?
Ginger and Tumeric both contain anti-inflammatory agents. You can make a tea of turmeric, ginger and cloves with 1/2 teaspoon of each spice. You also can boil the root of the ginger and turmeric to extract the benefits and use that water along with other drinks.
I feel I have phlegm in my throat and my breath smells from time to time, what is that?
I feel I have phlegm in my throat and my breath smells from time to time, I know this started about two weeks ago. I drank green tea and two little white particles came out of my mouth. I have tried: Tea. I think it was caused by: Strep throat
You also could have thrush, which is a yeast infection in the mouth. It will cause bad breath as well as phlegm. Swish coconut oil in your mouth for 10-30 minutes several times a day. It seems like a long time, but it's necessary. This method is referred to as oil pulling. If you can handle raw garlic and cinnamon you should add both to the coconut oil before swishing. Regardless you should seek the advice of a medical profession if oil pulling does not clear the infection within a few days. Strep can be very dangerous if unattended.
I am allergic to dust. I get this breathlessness once a month.
At least once a month, I get this breathlessness due to dust and smoke. I was a smoker for 20 years, for the last 2 year I haven't smoked. Need some home remedies. I do not trust allopathy. I have tried: Tried nothing much. If I get the attack, I do take Predemet 16 mg., which gives me instant relief. Then I start on some herbs like garlic etc. I think it was caused by: This started from cleaning of a vacuum dust bag. Did clean the vacuum dust bag without covering my mouth in a small room. That was 2 years ago. Never had this before. I am 50 years old.
Remedies for allergies can help you. You can try taking local honey twice a day. At least a tablespoonful in tea, or any other way will help. People can develop allergies at any stage in life.
Here are some VisiHow Articles for further information:
- Recognize and Prevent Night Time Allergies
- Make Your Own Allergy Treatment Using Butterbur Root
- Understand and Prevent Wheezing
I have been suffering from lung problems for more than 20 years.
I started feeling chest pains in 1988. I was treated by a doctor and got treatment, but there was no change until recently. At times I get shortness of breath, coughing blood. I always seem to get the flu more often each year. Can I find a solution?
There are several illnesses that can cause you to cough up blood and feel sick all the time and one of them is Tuberculosis. You should have several medical tests performed besides a TB test. HIV, Cancer and Lupus can also cause the symptoms you've been experiencing. You need to see a doctor and request the testing suggested, as well as whatever tests it takes to get a diagnosis. Weakened immune system and coughing up blood are reasons to see a medical professional.
My breathing is short, and activity is hard for me.
I am having serious problems breathing or engaging in simple physical activities.
Depending on your age, your symptoms can be caused by a variety of reasons. Obesity and asthma are two reasons that can cause shortness of breath. Lupus and COPD can also cause your symptoms. Use the garlic method described in this article, and add ginger or tumeric. Caffeine can open your airways fast so try to drink black coffee before any physical activity to see if your breathing improves. Before anything, see your doctor and find out what it is you're treating.
I was exposed to asbestos on a construction site for 1 day.
I was exposed to asbestos on a construction site for 1 day and I have pain in my lungs. Will I ever get better?
You should have a chest X-ray to see if your lungs were damaged during the exposure. Treatments can lessen the symptoms of asbestos exposure, but it never really goes away.
I have a severe repertory infection. I was wondering if there is anything besides the usual methods to help.
Severe deep cough and congestion are making it hard to breathe or sleep. It's going on 48 hrs. I'm taking medication, but getting little relief.
Steam inhalation, honey, oil of oregano and garlic are great for coughs. Oil of Oregano is brutal to taste but it knocks out a cough for several hours to provide relief. When you are sleeping, elevate yourself with pillows or sleep in a reclining chair so that you can cough more productively.
How to treat chronic bronchitis and bronchiectasis?
Productive cough twice a day for 1/2 hour. I have chest and stomach pain after coughing.
You are straining your muscles with the coughing episodes and that's what is causing the stomach pain. Your chest burns because your lungs are basically inflamed and very unhappy. Consider taking ginger, garlic and tumeric to ease the inflammation. Each time you have a coughing episode, take 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 drop of Oregano oil.
I live in Arizona and contracted Valley Fever (Fungus) for the 2nd time about 3 months ago. I also had micro bacterium atrium (MAC) for 2 years and was treated with 3 kinds of conventional antibiotics. Much of my lung tissues are damaged. I have bronchiectasis now. I believe in eating fresh garlic and eat 3-10 cloves a day. However, I still cough up yellow-green mucus daily. I don't want to take more antibiotics. Please help?
I live in Arizona and currently being treated for valley fever (Fungus). I had Micro bacteria atrium in my lungs and was treated with 3 kinds of conventional antibiotics. I Have been coughing more often and more severely. I am a vegetarian and eat no dairy and no sugar. I believe in natural remedies. I have been taking 10 cloves of garlic daily. Please advise. Add coconut oil and Colloidal Silver to your regimen. Coughing up the mucous means that your lungs are expelling, so even though it's gross, keep coughing that stuff up. If you do not get better in a few weeks, ask for another chest x-ray to look for what is called Popcorn Lung which can happen with Valley Fever.
My son has a cough, with a wheezing sound and runny nose.
His cough has sputum, a wheezing sound, chest in-drawing, runny nose and yellow mucus.
He most likely has an infection and should see a doctor. Sit with him in the bathroom with the shower running as hot as you can get the water. The steam will ease his stuffiness and some of his wheezing. He still may need a steriod inhaler though.
My husband has Pulmonary Fibrosis. What natural remedy can he take?
My husband has been coughing since December 2014 and has Pulmonary Fibrosis. Can you tell me what can he take?
Serrepeptase is a mineral and will thin the mucous. You can purchase it at health and nutrition stores. Licorice is an herb that promotes natural steroids to be produced in the body. You can take this in capsule form. Garlic, tumeric and cloves should also be added to his diet. Garlic in its raw state is best.
See more questions like this: My father have pulmonary Fibrosis, please give me some remedy?
Can garlic and pineapple juice be good?
I am 76 and have had asbestos calcified pleural plaques for the last 52 years I am not short of breath, however what is best to carry on protecting my health?
Pineapple contains Bromelain which reduces swelling just like garlic. You can get capsules of this also but make sure that you get them from a reputable company. It will be found in the digestive enzyme section.
I have 1cm node in left lung, non cancerous.
Is there any food that can remove it, like wheat-grass or garlic?
Solitary pulmonary nodule is what your nodule is called. Dandelion root tea and Charlotte's Web canabis oil are both being studied for cancer and tumor-shrinking treatments. Charlotte's Web, although it is cannabis, has an extremely low rate of THC. The Stanley brothers created this oil and assure that is has less than 0.3% THC so that it is even safe for children. It is a game changer for many parents that have children with cancers and disorders like seizures because the children do a complete turn around in terms of speaking, walking, eating and being seizure free, yet there is not the extreme drowsiness caused by Depokote.
I am 37 years old male diagnosed with ILD.
Hi, I am suffering from pulmonary fibrosis with acute breathlessness. Please suggest something to help.
I have suggested in an answer above to use herbs like Serrepeptase, Liquorice Root and Coloidal Silver. Up your garlic in raw form and tumeric, which can be taken in capsule form.
Hi I am from India and my mother is suffering from "Moderate Restrictive Ventilator Defect". Please suggest a treatment for her?
My mother is suffering from moderate Restrictive Ventilator defect, and she has been suffering from this problem for the last 2 years. Please suggest a treatment for her. I have tried: We asked her go for walks early in the morning, and start YOGA. I think it was caused by: FAT.
Several of the natural remedies in the article, as well as in all the answers above can help ease your mother's discomfort. Most Indian foods already contain a lot of tumeric but make sure she is consuming Golden Milk several times a day with the tumeric. Coconut or almond milk would be better than cow's milk for her. Restrict her dairy intake.
What is a look? I am not familiar with that term?
I have COPD and garlic has always been my go-to herb if I get too expanded in the lungs and have hard rapid breathing. Although I love to eat garlic it might be nice to have a therapy that is inhaled, like yours. I just never heard the term "look" before. Thanks
That section has been altered due to confusion. We had no idea what 'look' was.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Garlic Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: samitavijay13, Bobby-Jo Keats, Maria