Treat Pimples or Acne in Natural Way
Edited by Eng, Olivia, Lynn
The face is one of the first things that people notice about one another. You may take note of the beauty of a person's skin and be attracted right away to a clear and smooth one. As such, having pimples or acne will definitely pose a problem for you. At one point or another, this may have been one of your problems during your teenage years. Perhaps it is still a problem now. One of your teenage daughters may also be experiencing the same dilemma. Like any common illness, you cannot prevent this from worsening if you don't know how it develops.
Acne is sometimes referred to as pimples. In truth, there are many types of acne and they have different mechanisms in terms of how they develop. The most common form is adult acne. Acne develops from a pimple. A pimple is a combination of skin debris, fat and the key component of hair and skin called keratin. When the pimple plugs the hair duct, it later on develops either to be a whitehead or a blackhead.
The term blackhead is used to denote the debris that plugs the pore of the skin while a whitehead means the skin debris are trapped inside the skin pore. It is this white head that causes the cystic appearance of the pimples. When skin debris is trapped inside the pore, it further irritates the hair duct walls, thus producing redness and pus. Take note that when pus develops, it denotes infection. You can distinguish this when you see that your pimple is bulging with a yellowish tinge. These are those pimples that you're probably itching to pop.
What happens after the pimple gets infected?
When you see that your pimple has that yellowish tinge and is bulging, you would most likely prick it with a needle or with your fingernails. When you do this, the pimple bursts and the pus gets out, leaving a small, raw, rounded wound. It will heal by itself, but alas, it will often leave a dark mark or scar. Some even have deep scars, depending on the depth of the infection.
How you can you prevent an acne from getting infected?
- 1Consult a doctor or dermatologist.Advertisement
- 2Avoid pricking infected acne.Advertisement
- 3Do not use an acne medication that is not prescribed specifically for you.
How can you treat acne or pimples the natural way?
- 1Let it remain for about a day without washing it off. If you don't develop any rash, then you can try it on your face.Before you try any naturally made acne treatment, apply it on the inside of your arm.Advertisement
- Raw honey has been helpful in drying the pimples, as well as preventing breakouts, because of its anti-bacterial properties. Apply and massage about half a teaspoon on your dry face, and then rinse with water.
- Baking Soda. Mix equal parts of baking soda and water. Apply the mixture on your face. Let it dry until the consistency becomes powdery, then rinse it with warm water.
- Cucumber juice. Soak sliced cucumber in water. When you rinse your face after soaping it up, use the cucumber juice instead of water.
How can you help treat and prevent acne from recurring the natural way?
- 1Wash your face with a mild soap.
- 2Wash with warm water.
- 4Get enough rest.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Treat Pimples or Acne in Natural Way. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Treat_Pimples_or_Acne_in_Natural_Way
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Treat Pimples or Acne in Natural Way." VisiHow, visihow.com/Treat_Pimples_or_Acne_in_Natural_Way Accessed 30 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Treat Pimples or Acne in Natural Way." Accessed Mar 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Treat_Pimples_or_Acne_in_Natural_Way.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Olivia, Eng