Treat Jaundice with Turmeric Tea
Edited by Deepthi Gottumukkala, Eng, Lynn, estrella sacragon and 5 others
Did you know that Jaundice, considered a serious illness, can be cured by a simple home remedy? Yes, it is possible. Turmeric can be your savior. You can prepare a tasty tea that is both good for your taste buds, as well as your health. Read on to see how.
- 1 What is Jaundice
- 2 Causes of Jaundice
- 3 Symptoms of Jaundice
- 4 Preparation of Turmeric Tea
- 5 Benefits of Turmeric Tea for Curing Jaundice
- 6 Tip
- 7 Warning:
- 8 Questions and Answers
- 9 Referencing this Article
- 10 Comments
What is Jaundice
An obstruction of the bile ducts causing an excess of the pigment bilirubin, causing the yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes.
Causes of Jaundice
- 1Acute hepatitis.Advertisement
- 2Hemolytic anemia.Advertisement
- 4Excessive breakdown of red blood cells.
- 5Alcoholic liver disease and other liver diseases.
Symptoms of Jaundice
- 2If fever or any kind of flu comes before jaundice, this could be a sign of a viral hepatitis infection.
- 3Abdominal pain, or pain across the middle back can be caused by gallstones.
- 4Even if there is no pain,A tumor obstructing the bile ducts will lead to painless jaundice.
Jaundice isn't a very dangerous when the level of bilirubin, one of the waste contents of bile, is low. The symptoms of Jaundice, once detected, are telling you that now you need to take action. Once you detect any symptom of jaundice, it is always best to see a doctor immediately.
Preparation of Turmeric Tea
- 3Pour boiling water into a cup.
- 4Add a teaspoon of the paste and mix well until the paste dissolves.
- 5Squeeze a wedge of lemon into the tea.
- 6Sprinkle some black pepper to your taste, and stir.
Drink it one to two times a day.
Benefits of Turmeric Tea for Curing Jaundice
- 2Improves digestion and boosts the immune system.
- 3Stimulates the gallbladder, preventing indigestion and heartburn.
- 4Removes toxins and bile from the liver system.
- Either on your clothes or skin, turmeric leaves a yellow stain, so be careful not to get any on you.
- 1Improper usage or high dosages of turmeric can cause some side effects like gastrointestinal problems.
- 2Take advice from your doctor regarding using turmeric in your diet, before starting your turmeric tea regime, especially if your problem is related to the liver, stomach or gallbladder.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Is turmeric good for post-hepatic jaundice?
I have a little yellow line in the white of my eyes. It comes and goes. Sometimes I have pain in my right side and sometimes my stool is yellow.
Turmeric is highly beneficial for jaundice symptoms. Consume turmeric daily and within a few weeks you will see an improvement with your symptoms. Look for a dosage of 600 mg, 3 times daily.
My wife started turmeric and honey one week ago, today I noticed a bit jaundice eyes only, previously she had bile duct obstruction and the doctor put stent via ERCP and PTC, my question is can she continue drinking turmeric & honey?
My wife started turmeric and honey one week ago, today I noticed a bit jaundice eyes only, previously she had bile duct obstruction and the doctor put stent via ERCP and PTC, my question is can she continue drinking turmeric & honey?. I have tried: Turmeric powder, honey and water. I think it was caused by: I don't know
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Treat Jaundice with Turmeric Tea. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 1, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Treat_Jaundice_with_Turmeric_Tea
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Treat Jaundice with Turmeric Tea." VisiHow, visihow.com/Treat_Jaundice_with_Turmeric_Tea Accessed 1 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Treat Jaundice with Turmeric Tea." Accessed May 1, 2017. http://visihow.com/Treat_Jaundice_with_Turmeric_Tea.
Categories : Turmeric Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Nuance, Maria, Shawn85